Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

At Adelaide Oval the cheapest is nosebleed seating for is $133, A reserve seating is $260, all other seating is $190. GA standing on the stage half of the oval is $260, the back half of the oval is $190.

Other options are $385 - $3,570, "packages" and "experiences" where you get other stuff thrown in as well which I never bothered to look into as I already knew I wasn't going, let alone paying that much.

For 3.5k you get a meet and greet with the bass player and some party pies and sausage rolls.
Only one of each though, Metallica aren't made of money.

While I don't tend to pay that much for tickets, the sellout thing is blown all out of proportion. I know some seriously talented musicians who struggle to pay the rent. I've seen some claim that getting played on triple j is selling out. Because a $20/month royalty cheque (which covers radio and streaming services) is going to feed a 5 member band

While I don't tend to pay that much for tickets, the sellout thing is blown all out of proportion. I know some seriously talented musicians who struggle to pay the rent. I've seen some claim that getting played on triple j is selling out. Because a $20/month royalty cheque (which covers radio and streaming services) is going to feed a 5 member band

I seriously doubt anyone here is having a crack at the musicians and bands trying to get a foothold in the industry, people that generally having paying jobs to supplement anything they make from music just so they can live.

I seriously doubt anyone here is having a crack at the musicians and bands trying to get a foothold in the industry, people that generally having paying jobs to supplement anything they make from music just so they can live.
People that have a foothold in the industry generally need a paying job just so they can live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People that have a foothold in the industry generally need a paying job just so they can live.

I think the frustration above is a massively successful band that is absolutely loaded is charging so much. I get that unless you've made it big then the music industry is very hard work, even more so in the digital age that we are in today.

It's not a gripe that's restricted to Metallica only. The big bands/acts across all genres do it because they can, the demand is there and people are willing to pay it so good luck to them I guess.
When it comes to the big bands playing at the bigger venues i see the price being factored with paying the organizers and venue and all the added staff to make a bigger set.

When it comes to the big bands playing at the bigger venues i see the price being factored with paying the organizers and venue and all the added staff to make a bigger set.

No doubt, however I'd love to know what the band members themselves take home from a single gig played under these scenarios. It wouldn't be pocket change.

I was talking to a triple J unearthed artist called Robbie Miller who I know (hardly a household name) who gets a bit of play on triple J. He was telling me that he was getting around $10-15k per year for downloads/ streaming of his music through platforms like spotify which helps. He only gets played on triple J as far as I know. He tours around Australia a bit and makes enough to cover his expenses, travel etc. He has a good job with an understanding employer.

The Peter Frampton thing doesn't seem right in comparison.

Also Beerfish if you haven't seen it the Motley Crew movie "Dirt" on Netflix is worth a look.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back