WWE WrestleMania 35 - Monday 8th April 2018, 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Kofi: "Show the tape"
Replay of Vince live on Smackdown saying all he had to do was win the gauntlet
Big E: "He won the gauntlet - you will put him in the Main Event or..."
Xavier: "I'm taking this to the Supreme Court tomorrow morning and filing an injunction having WrestleMania cancelled and Vince you know that the biggest show of the year and it not what is GOOD FOR BUSINESS - you have stockholders, advertisers and sponsors to appease so you decide... put KOFI in or WrestleMania gets cancelled"

Then Vince begrudgingly accepts - maybe even after HHH comes out and makes him see reason

Angle/Corbin screams pre-show to me.
Also surprised we are seeing Samoa Joe vs Mysterio. Should be fine, but also doesn't scream Wrestlemania match to me. Still think it should have been Cena vs Joe and Murphy vs Rey.

Angle/Corbin screams pre-show to me.
Also surprised we are seeing Samoa Joe vs Mysterio. Should be fine, but also doesn't scream Wrestlemania match to me. Still think it should have been Cena vs Joe and Murphy vs Rey.
US title match needs to be a multi man, not enough time to build for the Joe and Rey fued it would be easier to add the likes of Almas and Ali who have had beef with each of those wrestlers.

Last edited:
Watch WWE's annual pop-culture extravaganza - WWE WrestleMania in selected Hoyts Australia, Village Cinemas and Event Cinemas LIVE on Monday 8th April!
54433039_10156493437046443_4251016083911213056_o.jpg

anyone planning to watch at the cinemas?

Vince Russo's Truth with Consequences - What the F happened to WrestleMania?

I recommend giving this episode of Russo's podcast a listen (click the link above). Only goes for a bit over an hour, but he pretty accurately IMO summarises the problems with the WrestleMania card, and WWE in general right now.

In short, they're going in "half-pregnant" with a lot of ideas, not giving a lot of explaination or proper reasoning for feuds and matches, and trying to pass of lazy booking and writing as "subtlety".

I could be wrong but I don’t remember mania matches being thrown together 3 weeks before the event ...

My memory is of a genuine ‘road to wrestlemania’ building matches straight after the rumble ..

Only ones I think they had a genuine plan a while out for is Becky Ronda Charlotte , Bryan and kofi and mix and Shane ... everything else just feels thrown together ..

I think they need to scrap having a ppv in March and have everything from the feb ppv working toward mania

My fav part of mania was always the long build and genuine effort into the stories for the matches .. that’s been lost for a few years .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kofi Kingston will win the WWE Championship and lose it 6 weeks later at Money in the Bank. Similar to Sexy Star in Lucha Underground.

This is WWE. If they wanted a new permanent main eventer it'd be Big E.

Only ones I think they had a genuine plan a while out for is Becky Ronda Charlotte , Bryan and kofi and mix and Shane ... everything else just feels thrown together ..

String ??

pantskyle

God this card is looking absolute garbage - and they don't even have any good stories on top of that! RAW Women's Championship match story has become an unbelievable comedic mess too. Batista / HHH probably more interesting now. Miz / Shane makes sense but should of been built earlier and had a different stipulation.

So out of the 3 "okay" story-lines, majority are part-timers and won't be as important after WM.

Aside from that feels like WWE is literally just pairing popular names one month out together.

Worst WM season I can recall, Vince complains there's no stars either when it's his fault for overruling creative and pushing the wrong people over the past decade.

I could be wrong but I don’t remember mania matches being thrown together 3 weeks before the event ...

My memory is of a genuine ‘road to wrestlemania’ building matches straight after the rumble ..

Revisionist history on this one in all due respect. The widely regarded greatest Mania of all time (WM17), had Raven randomly added to the card in the Big Show/Kane feud which was already announced as a singles bout. I don't think Test vs Eddie Guererro or RTC vs Tazz and APA had much story going in either. Without everyone being an internet fan back then it was just far easier to swallow whatever they gave us and wait until we saw how the show panned out before we all s**t on it.

They should have Asuka defend her title in the Battle Royal. None of the other women on the SD roster are really WM championship match material, and it would make her a worthy champion having to defeat 20 or so other women.

Plus, with the absurd amount of matches we’re going to be having, it cuts it down a match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back