MFC Fans Only Non Dees AFL thread 2019 edition- Thank god its over. Tylenol NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno about that. Collingwood didn’t cite a mental illness as a reason after Degoey got trashed and was in a fight then lied about it last season. Or was that the season before? Last seasons indescretion was being caught driving over the limit I think. They played it straight and the world moved on.

I suspect that Hogan has been diagnosed as dealing with anxiety issues. I’m not saying that this necessarily justifies unprofessional behaviour, just that I’m inclined to believe that part. I suspect that Freo have pushed this angle in an attempt to have the issue die down quicker, and to do what they can to protect Hogan from the vast s**t storm of negative attention headed his way from all directions.

I sort of understand the attempt. He is an expensive player and they have a fair bit to gain if they can get him playing well. But I’m not sure the instinct to shield Hogan has played out too well - it seems as though the conversation of the day, whether true or not, is focussed on athletes using mental health issues to avoid criticism or drug strikes etc, so the timing couldn’t be worse.

As for Jesse, I feel sorry for him today. He’s become a poster boy for crazed drug uses with new stories coming out every hour - most crap I suspect. He also looks like he’s evading approbation using a mental illness shield. I highly doubt that was actually down to him.

Reading between the lines the vibe I'm getting is essentially:

"He did a stupid thing in going out and drinking. We're dealing with it. He's been dealing with mental health issues as well so ripping into him is not helpful."

It's sad to saybut you could see something like this coming a mile away IMO, credit to our playing group and support staff keeping him on the straight and narrow as long as they did. It's weird in a way but going home was probably the worst thing for him.

Hope Jesse gets the help he needs before something far worse or even tragic happens 😟

Agree about going home, especially to a shithole in Perth where this stuff is even more common.

Agree about going home, especially to a shithole in Perth where this stuff is even more common.

It's more than just a Perth thing tho, could happen to any kid who is influenced easily moving back home from interstate, at home he's got mates who aren't professional footballers (unlike in melbourne where i dare say most of his best mates were) they don't have the same responsibilities, some of my best times growing up were on the gear with mates, it's an easy thing to fall back into when you catch up especially if one or two mates are still on it and can get it easily, it's weirdly nostalgic believe it or not. Found myself going thru such a period in my life when I was 28 and had broken up with my fiancee, was great for escaping the pain and reality and taking me back to good times when I didnt have responsibilities.

Fortunately for me i met my current Mrs not long after, who knows if I'm a drug addict today without her, could very well be.

Last edited:
What's the difference between Hogan and Fev?
One was super confident an ones anxious. Other than that they both loved getting on it but potentially both had/have underlying issues.
Don't remember much sympathy for Fev though.

If Hogan was too anxious to train or play id feel for him, but he was on s**t with his mates an freo have completely ****ed this up using the mental health card.

What's the difference between Hogan and Fev?
One was super confident an ones anxious. Other than that they both loved getting on it but potentially both had/have underlying issues.
Don't remember much sympathy for Fev though.

If Hogan was too anxious to train or play id feel for him, but he was on s**t with his mates an freo have completely ****** this up using the mental health card.

If society saw drug addiction as a health problem instead of a criminal problem, then clubs wouldn't have to make up this BS anxiety/mental health story which in turns increases the negative stigma around people suffering with pure mental health issues. Freo could just come out and say, "Hogan has a drug addiction problem and we're working to assist him through that". And the public response should be something like "oh that's s**t, I hope he gets through it". Maybe if Fev got more public support instead of ridicule he may not have been so self destructive.

There's less of a criminal mindset surrounding people suffering with alcohol abuse/addiction despite alcohol being a drug itself. Perhaps that's because it's legal.

If society saw drug addiction as a health problem instead of a criminal problem, then clubs wouldn't have to make up this BS anxiety/mental health story which in turns increases the negative stigma around people suffering with pure mental health issues. Freo could just come out and say, "Hogan has a drug addiction problem and we're working to assist him through that". And the public response should be something like "oh that's s**t, I hope he gets through it". Maybe if Fev got more public support instead of ridicule he may not have been so self destructive.

There's less of a criminal mindset surrounding people suffering with alcohol abuse/addiction despite alcohol being a drug itself. Perhaps that's because it's legal.

Agreed also the world now is different to then, but look back on the incidents of Fev an he was clearly a bloke struggling but it wasn't until he basically destroyed his life that anyone took any notice. Even still people still s**t on him.

They can't say he has a drug problem either because the non drug taking part of society want 3 strikes an your banned from AFL for as little as doing some coke. It's ******* ridicolous.
If they say he has a drug problem then talk back radio is gonna be full of idiots calling up asking why he hadn't had any strikes recorded?

It's illegal but it's your own ******* body, society needs to grow the * up around drugs.

Alot of people argued with me when I said he was on mdma in the photo on the ground. I know someone who is rolling when I see it, admittedly its me every second weekend.

Is this video proof enough? Chewing his face off.

Its no wonder he has clinical anxiety if he is abusing mdma. The come down is a bitch.

Can you please come to our next ******* fan meetup. so far i have met 4 of us off here. But you seem like a stand up guy

Part of me feels sorry for him for what he has been through recently. Part feels like he's just doing what I did when I was 24. Part of me is relieved he doesn't play for us anymore and part of me is still worried we won't be able to cover the loss of him on the pitch.
All i think right now about his situation, is if he doesn't think he should get his act together, by the time his feet touch the ground, it will all be over.
He might be young, but with his immense talent, he could be anything. But right now thats not inportant to him. At least thats the impression i get

Can you please come to our next ******* fan meetup. so far i have met 4 of us off here. But you seem like a stand up guy
Is there one organised? Haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno about that. Collingwood didn’t cite a mental illness as a reason after Degoey got trashed and was in a fight then lied about it last season. Or was that the season before? Last seasons indescretion was being caught driving over the limit I think. They played it straight and the world moved on.

I suspect that Hogan has been diagnosed as dealing with anxiety issues. I’m not saying that this necessarily justifies unprofessional behaviour, just that I’m inclined to believe that part. I suspect that Freo have pushed this angle in an attempt to have the issue die down quicker, and to do what they can to protect Hogan from the vast s**t storm of negative attention headed his way from all directions.

I sort of understand the attempt. He is an expensive player and they have a fair bit to gain if they can get him playing well. But I’m not sure the instinct to shield Hogan has played out too well - it seems as though the conversation of the day, whether true or not, is focussed on athletes using mental health issues to avoid criticism or drug strikes etc, so the timing couldn’t be worse.

As for Jesse, I feel sorry for him today. He’s become a poster boy for crazed drug uses with new stories coming out every hour - most crap I suspect. He also looks like he’s evading approbation using a mental illness shield. I highly doubt that was actually down to him.
Unfortunately the footy world needs another Ben Cousins to sell papers and get people tuning in. And Hogan is now that person. There's too many posts, videos, pictures of him off his tree for him to hide or make up lies anymore. Yes, he might have anxiety issues, but you'd have to be blind to not see he also has drug and alcohol issues. Which of course could be related, but lets not forget he was up to no good before his dad passed away. Too many people know what he's up to and been up to. Even The Ox said on radio that Hogans mates are d*ckheads and are leading him astray.

I've maintained all along that even though his family are in Perth, he would have been better long term sticking with the Demons and the fantastic leadership and culture we have worked hard to set up. Freo are a basketcase. Maybe Peter Bell can turn things around, but while Ross Lyon is there, i think that will be hard. Hogan would have been better backing the Dees in to help him.

I just saw the vision of McCartins concussion, pretty innocuous an a worrying lack of awareness of what was behind him. He didn't even crash the pack he just jumped into it.
Needed to turn an either try take it over his shoulder as a chest mark therefore protecting his head or take it front an centre.

I think he's cooked

I just saw the vision of McCartins concussion, pretty innocuous an a worrying lack of awareness of what was behind him. He didn't even crash the pack he just jumped into it.
Needed to turn an either try take it over his shoulder as a chest mark therefore protecting his head or take it front an centre.

I think he's cooked
I actually think he needed to get his arms up earlier. The vision I saw looked like he was last to get his arms up

I think he's cooked

Kosi v2 zero awareness. Doesn't help he is a spud as well, won't get to 50 games you'd think.

Kosi v2 zero awareness. Doesn't help he is a spud as well, won't get to 50 games you'd think.
I can see the Saints trying to drag 100 games out him like Bates or Grimes, before realising he's no good

Question for MarcMaverick

Is this a thread about non-AFL dees? And who are they?
I suppose Luciffer
So I just rang the club membership line and was pleased to realise that 1300 DEMONS translates to 1300336667

Was less pleased to realise that the club's strategy for when you're on hold is to palm you off to a pre-recorded Robbo who asks you to listen to his "favourite song" just "one more time" on repeat while playing It's A Grand Ol' Flag for perpetuity. I hung up after about 20 minutes.

So I just rang the club membership line and was pleased to realise that 1300 DEMONS translates to 1300336667

Was less pleased to realise that the club's strategy for when you're on hold is to palm you off to a pre-recorded Robbo who asks you to listen to his "favourite song" just "one more time" on repeat while playing It's A Grand Ol' Flag for perpetuity. I hung up after about 20 minutes.
Just register for a call back at a preferred time. Can't believe you lasted 20mins

Why does Carlton get good games they are sooooi bad

Also trance could play with a beretta and just shoot people like in the last boy scout and not give away any frees

Why does Carlton get good games they are sooooi bad

Also trance could play with a beretta and just shoot people like in the last boy scout and not give away any frees
Had a bit to drink?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back