Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS were worse than GCS. They must be so grateful that they got so many better draft picks and concessions. They never should have started them in the first place. Canberra and Tassie should have taken precedent.

I don't think GWS and Gold Coast will be around when my grandchildren are alive.

Tayla Harris has a pair of footy boots for the best impersonation of her kicking style

Brett Kirk has posted one of his daughter Memphys

Have Chuck Berry "Memphis Tennessee" in my head ;)

Clubs and afl taking a stand against racist fan behaviour

It’s great ok, but can’t help but feel like it wasn’t really there a few years ago to this scale for goodes

I was just reading the injury list for the league and noticed Sam Murray...

It just keep thinking he could have had it all, and he blew it... and he's gone have to live with it forever...

It's just depressing really.

Hey Kirkswan, I wouldn't have thought anyone would miss my nonsense contribution lol. Thank you kindly for asking after me. A combination of factors really. Have been busy. Have been dealing with some family issues too. Nothing insurmountable but troublesome. Mostly though I just put the thing in neutral after draft and trade period and haven't motivated myself to put back in gear at start of season. Have been reading though. Thought a little freshen up may help me. Thanks for the nudge

Hey Kirkswan, I wouldn't have thought anyone would miss my nonsense contribution lol. Thank you kindly for asking after me. A combination of factors really. Have been busy. Have been dealing with some family issues too. Nothing insurmountable but troublesome. Mostly though I just put the thing in neutral after draft and trade period and haven't motivated myself to put back in gear at start of season. Have been reading though. Thought a little freshen up may help me. Thanks for the nudge
You're fun and amusing, and don't take yourself too seriously. This board really needs you. When we all get too full of ourselves, you'll take the piss I mean mickey and bring us back down earth. So yes, I've missed you!

I'm very pleased to hear you're alive and kicking! :)

There were two draft picks I wanted last year, because of their names
Tom Sparrow (Melbourne) - can you imagine the commentary "The Swan Sparrow running out of defence ....." :oops:
and
Sydney Stack (making debut with Richmond), with commentary "Sydney's Sydney Stacks on the pressure on his opponent" :rolleyes:
:)

Tom Sparrow (Melbourne) - can you imagine the commentary "The Swan Sparrow running out of defence ....." :oops:
and
Sydney Stack (making debut with Richmond), with commentary "Sydney's Sydney Stacks on the pressure on his opponent" :rolleyes:
Probably both commentators and players are happy we missed out! Lol!

and

Stack on Mills when we play Richmond?

I confess to a guilty pleasure. It is probably more injurious than having a second caffe corretto at breakfast.

I am addicted to the vast entertainment provided by reading the Cult of Robbo thread on Footy's Fourth Estate. After a Bloods win I go to this thread to add to the jubilation. After a loss I visit to be reassured.

For years I had read, listened to and watched this human train wreck. I was concerned that I was alone in the universe in my puzzlement about the buffoon. Was he for real? Was he the prototype for the HG Nelson and Roy parodies?

Thanks to BF I have found like minded folk who when confronted with loopy Robbo argument or line just scratch their heads and ask themselves, 'Did he really say that?' The thread's humour is driven by antics of the buffoon himself.

Consider this example posted last week by another poster

bit extreme even by Robbo's standards

The poster then comments -

"History has called Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech one of greatest speeches of all time.

I think history is about to be rewritten."

There are some bloody humorous posters on BF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I confess to a guilty pleasure. It is probably more injurious than having a second caffe corretto at breakfast.

I am addicted to the vast entertainment provided by reading the Cult of Robbo thread on Footy's Fourth Estate. After a Bloods win I go to this thread to add to the jubilation. After a loss I visit to be reassured.

For years I had read, listened to and watched this human train wreck. I was concerned that I was alone in the universe in my puzzlement about the buffoon. Was he for real? Was he the prototype for the HG Nelson and Roy parodies?

Thanks to BF I have found like minded folk who when confronted with loopy Robbo argument or line just scratch their heads and ask themselves, 'Did he really say that?' The thread's humour is driven by antics of the buffoon himself.

Consider this example posted last week by another poster

bit extreme even by Robbo's standards

The poster then comments -

"History has called Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech one of greatest speeches of all time.

I think history is about to be rewritten."

There are some bloody humorous posters on BF
I imagine it would be bloody hilarious on a regular basis!

I imagine it would be bloody hilarious on a regular basis!

You are lucky. The great Slobbarian is ubiquitous in Melbourne. He's mumbling on the radio, scrawling in the dreaded Herald Sun and then delivering slurmons on Fox.

So why is Mark Robinson writing/talking/on TV?
Being fairly new to FoxFooty and AFL360 I thought he was drunk

1. That is one of the great existential questions of our time. Murdoch owns all the outlets where he "writes" and where he spouts his slurmons. Maybe the Slob is Murdoch's idea of a practical joke.
2. Yes, you are correct - he is always drunk.

Eric Hipwood kicked a bag for the Lions on the weekend. Heeney 4 and was in our best 3.

This is what The academies are about for us Northern states.
Alex Sexton at the Suns is a local boy aswell, playing great footy under Stewie Dew.

Eric Hipwood kicked a bag for the Lions on the weekend. Heeney 4 and was in our best 3.

This is what The academies are about for us Northern states.

unfair they get access to top end talent for nothing :p

how many of our players 25 and under will become a graders and or play 150 plus for the club
any we should give up on now?
including rookies

Thurlow
aliir
jones
cameron
COR
hewett
rose
heeney
papley
melican
mills
Dawson
Clarke
ronke
maibum
florent
pink
hayward
mclean
bell
ling
amartey
wicks
stoddart
mccartin
tucker
blakey
mcinnerney
rowbottom
reynolds
foot

Thurlow - 50-100
aliir - 250
jones - 200 (if we can keep him)
cameron - 25
COR - 75
hewett - 200
rose - delist
heeney - 300
papley - 200
melican - 150
mills - 250-300
Dawson - 200
Clarke - 50-100
ronke - 250 if he can improve, 50 if he stagnates
maibum - 25
florent - 250
pink - delist
hayward - 250
mccartin - 200
blakey - 250
rowbottom - tbd

Anyone else is far too early to tell imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back