Preview R1 v St Kilda @ Marvel Stadium (Sunday, March 24)

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish the media would have more respect for us leading into round 1. Fevola seemed to imply St Kilda would implode from the inside if they are to lose to us on Sunday. That grinds my gears when you consider neither team has even played a home and away fixture this year!

The reality is that Melbourne media will give us respect only when we start winning or show promise like Lions. Personally, I don't care. Some of these clowns don't even know players names. It's interesting they think we will play kids round 1 when in fact only draftee in will be Lukosius and then 2nd year Ballard. I suspect we will be 24 year plus average age. It would be great to get 4 points. Definitely a good chance.

The reality is that Melbourne media will give us respect only when we start winning or show promise like Lions. Personally, I don't care. Some of these clowns don't even know players names. It's interesting they think we will play kids round 1 when in fact only draftee in will be Lukosius and then 2nd year Ballard. I suspect we will be 24 year plus average age. It would be great to get 4 points. Definitely a good chance.
Which is funny because we beat Brisbane at the Gabba last and should have beat them at home with half a side out injured.
Since moving from Victoria 18 years ago l know understand why my cousins in WA dislike Victorians so much. Especially the media.

I wish the media would have more respect for us leading into round 1. Fevola seemed to imply St Kilda would implode from the inside if they are to lose to us on Sunday. That grinds my gears when you consider neither team has even played a home and away fixture this year!

I actually hope they do.

I've picked St Kilda to win the spoon.

Well I can honestly say this is the worst I've felt about the Club since inception, which is odd given the positive hype emanating from the Club
Which in itself may be a positive given how badly we've done when I've felt good coming off the pre-season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Martin or maybe Ah Chee want to comit to the team beyond this year .

Any reason for this? (considering him as a SC fwd option) thanks
Average during JLT, rumour of no team buy in so I assume not really standing out on the track either. If he's dropped at least the messaging is consistent with other guys. Need to be playing and training well to get your spot.

If Martin had been dropped I assumed he wouldn't even be on the bench.
Hard to said , you need to name you interchange anyway and drop someone tomorrow for Sunday matches.

Congrats Chris Burgess on making the most of his opportunity in such a short time. Now to hold onto it with a few bags hopefully.

With GHS, Murdoch, Miles coming in and Hanley (hopefully) getting a run at it, we don’t look quite as young as I thought. Will be good to have more of those more mature heads on the field this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back