News 2019 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You certainly are the most positive poster on here and unlike others who are positive you don't turn on the club if you are proven wrong.
thks Plugger , I was really cut last year when we really never gave a yelp , but we did have reasons , at one stage we never had a key forward with McCartin , Battle , Bruce all out with injury and Membery going through the yips and expecting Longer to at least perform as he did the year before but he went backwards ,most probably due to injury and having a poor support cast of Goddard , Weller , Michington , Wright , Armitage and Dempster who retired basically before the season started along with Roberton shutting it down after round 4 I think.
This year we do have problems as well with Carlisle , Roberton , McCartin , Hannebery , King and Bytel all having injury.
However it looks like they have a game plan and they are willing to change it if required.
Everyone has to be given a clean slate including Richardson , I feel with Ratten and Lade we will now have ideas which will help the team.
Just having 2 marking targets in the forward line who are actually fit will be huge.
Bruce could easily have a standout year , it looks like he has his marking back , Newnes is back by the looks and having a hard working forward like Kent will only strength our forward line.
The backline will be fine , as long as we can win the ball out of the middle more and this will all come down to Steele, Steven , Ross , Dunstan - the thing is nothing has changed here - which worries me a bit , but if Pierce can win a bit of the ball we might be able to help the mids thus helping the backline from being under attack continuously.
So if Steele can keep his form from the last half of last season , Dunstan can win the hard ball and our class ball handling players feed our forwards we will win more than we lose.

It's amazing how the media goes on about who we havn't got and not about the talent that will be on the park.
With you 100% there Premium....and it's just not the media....plenty of Saints people I know have been rubbing hands....grinding teeth on who's missing for round 1...….yes,it's not ideal....it is what it is.....as you list above....it's a pretty handy collection of players.

I for one am hanging out to see how they go.

Richo proving he's one of the boys talking about "Jacko" and "Rowey".

Wouldn't have thought Jacky-boy would appreciate being referred to as "Jacko" since both Mark and Michael Jackson ruined that nick, but maybe it's preferable to Jacky-boy.

Mind you when the little speed-walker is gunning it down a flank breaking the game apart, nothing feels better than shouting "GOOO JAACKKYY-BOOY!!"

IMG_9528.GIF

Fantastic to see the little champ back!

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-19/mental-health-gets-a-tick-as-star-closes-on-ri-spot

Richo proving he's one of the boys talking about "Jacko" and "Rowey".

Wouldn't have thought Jacky-boy would appreciate being referred to as "Jacko" since both Mark and Michael Jackson ruined that nick, but maybe it's preferable to Jacky-boy.

Mind you when the little speed-walker is gunning it down a flank breaking the game apart, nothing feels better than shouting "GOOO JAACKKYY-BOOY!!"

View attachment 637666

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-19/mental-health-gets-a-tick-as-star-closes-on-ri-spot
He will always be jacky boy to me

Gee - equal fourth in 2018 Brownlow / 4 time saints b&f winner and robbed of all Australian few yrs back. Sounds elite to me
Robbed of aa is an opinion. I reckon to be elite you need to be aa at least once. That doesn’t mean all aa are elite. He has probably only once made the top 10 midfielders in the afl and that was the year he was nearly aa. He may have come 4th in the Brownlow last year but he wasn’t in the top 10 mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm very bullish about O'Shaughnessy, and this article confirms that. I have long thought that AFL teams are way behind the benchmark in the use of data in sport, and this guy seems to both absolutely get that and has the skill set to execute.

His twitter contributions demonstrate that he does not just regurgitate the type 'analysis' spouted on Footy Classifieds and On The Couch. It's proper substantive and technical analysis.

We have a genuine edge here on the competition with him and I really hope we give him the support he needs and the ability to make his contribution felt. You could count on one hand the number of people in the world who have the technical skills to analyse sports data AND understand the uniqueness of footy, and we have one of them.

Barrett & his weekly cheap shot at the St.KFC..

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-22/sliding-doors-is-back-if-you-hate-reading-this-

"If a proper process – one where you make a lot of phone calls, ask a heap of questions and are prepared to listen to views counter to your own pre-set agenda – had been applied by Lethers ...

then Hannebery might still be at St Kilda. But not on ridiculously massive money and term. And certainly not in the leadership group."

WTF has this got to do with Rd1..

So we win 2 from 2 JLT games & there's no mention of that, but this prick wants to keep re-hashing a story that never had any legs in the first place..

He also states that Collingwoods favourite "pillow biter" Darcy Moore will be All Aust CHB this year..

More chance of Gears hitting a target by foot just the once this Sunday, than Moore being able to stand tall for 10 matches let alone 22..!!

Is Cho a dumb campaigner or what? Using the term “rebuilt” is seriously not a good look. It makes the club look bad for 1, not doing our due diligence in terms of medical testing and 2, not rectifying the problem earlier in the pre season.
And lastly, if this was somewhat unforeseen, then why is Cho coming out and saying Hanners needs to be rebuilt?
It just opens up a media shitstorm again. Especially from the likes of Barrett who will be absolutely lapping this up.

Is Cho a dumb campaigner or what? Using the term “rebuilt” is seriously not a good look. It makes the club look bad for 1, not doing our due diligence in terms of medical testing and 2, not rectifying the problem earlier in the pre season.
And lastly, if this was somewhat unforeseen, then why is Cho coming out and saying Hanners needs to be rebuilt?
It just opens up a media shitstorm again. Especially from the likes of Barrett who will be absolutely lapping this up.
But if we came out and lied saying he has fine and put a date on it, Richo would have been ridiculed by everyone on here once we found out he wasnt being completely honest.
Cant win with these things.

Barrett & his weekly cheap shot at the St.KFC..

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-22/sliding-doors-is-back-if-you-hate-reading-this-

"If a proper process – one where you make a lot of phone calls, ask a heap of questions and are prepared to listen to views counter to your own pre-set agenda – had been applied by Lethers ...

then Hannebery might still be at St Kilda. But not on ridiculously massive money and term. And certainly not in the leadership group."

WTF has this got to do with Rd1..

So we win 2 from 2 JLT games & there's no mention of that, but this prick wants to keep re-hashing a story that never had any legs in the first place..

He also states that Collingwoods favourite "pillow biter" Darcy Moore will be All Aust CHB this year..

More chance of Gears hitting a target by foot just the once this Sunday, than Moore being able to stand tall for 10 matches let alone 22..!!

to be fair, damo isnt the only one to highlight that. caro has numerous times.

now the difference between caro and damo is i think caro is just calling it how she see's it. where as damo has a massive ******* axe to grind. i don't think he likes being lied to and i don't think we like him embellishing the truth or exploiting a no comment response. there's massive conflict.

i think caro has somewhat of a point, about the boys club, but if lethers can bring results, who gives a s**t really. tbh we've been trying to please far too many too often at the expense of delivering on field results. we need to be more assertive

Caro is right in relation to the boys club mentality, & we're all aware it's been a part of the VFL/AFL since 1897..
My beef with Barrett is he should've been highlighting the importance the club kick the season off in convincing manner with a 8 goal + win..
But as you say, it's clear he has an axe to grind with us..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back