Do we need to trade some current players to improve the list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Old mate Darky needs some good Karate Kid assistance.

Miyagi would simply say:

• Always look eye.
You have to use your eyes Darky.
Darky appears to have no idea just how foolish he's making himself look. It's not just the nonsense that he spouts, the childish posting style makes most of his efforts very hard to read. Just awful!

Darky appears to have no idea just how foolish he's making himself look. It's not just the nonsense that he spouts, the childish posting style make most of his posts very hard to read. Just awful!
It’s just a little unique.

Let's put this to bed

Langdons kicking NOWHERE as good as murphy and lacks penetration
The word helicopter comes to mind

I've mentioned that hawthorn game as due to injuries or due to the club Also identifying his weakness ( loose slow of the mark )
Therefore he wasn't ever exposed again on a genuine hit up leader , we played a zone

YOU KEEPING UP
Zone
Zone
Harder to zone this year I would expect

Watch the gf did a lot right but did a lot wrong too

I think I'm finally keeping up. Burgoyne got clear on him a few times at ground level. Therefore the club decided that he's no good against hit up forwards. The club instead played him in roles where he wouldn't be exposed to smart agile blokes who know when and where to lead, so instead they gave him roles like one out against Robbie Gray starting in the goal square. Makes perfect sense to me.

I think I'm finally keeping up. Burgoyne got clear on him a few times at ground level. Therefore the club decided that he's no good against hit up forwards. The club instead played him in roles where he wouldn't be exposed to smart agile blokes who know when and where to lead, so instead they gave him roles like one out against Robbie Gray starting in the goal square. Makes perfect sense to me.

burn-meme-300x300.jpg

Love darkys passion, but l don’t think he has hit the right targets.
They have spent five years building this list to have a shot at the premiership now and beyond, don’t think the club going to go down his road of list management some how.

Last edited:
Well, all those caps have certainly changed my mind.

Based on your one game cherry picking logic, I can conclude that Langdon is an amazing small defender, because in one game he took Robbie Gray to the cleaners. Super elite.

This is fun. I invite other posters to make conclusions on whether or not Langdon is amazing or terrible based on other singular games they can think of. It’s not stupid at all, because Darky used caps lock.
I like this.

Tarkyn Lockyer > Gary Ablett justified. Because of that one game in 2005

I'm going to base my opinion on Mason Cox on his performance in Round 1 last year and literally nothing else.
Well, all those caps have certainly changed my mind.

Based on your one game cherry picking logic, I can conclude that Langdon is an amazing small defender, because in one game he took Robbie Gray to the cleaners. Super elite.

This is fun. I invite other posters to make conclusions on whether or not Langdon is amazing or terrible based on other singular games they can think of. It’s not stupid at all, because Darky used caps lock.

Gee wiz

I've just watched marngrook

Great mark from Ryan against 2 guys , Langdon ( yes hard to understand ) didn't adhear to basic defensive principles ,
Didn't punch , didn't block, didn't restrict the fast entry left his man and created a two on one for sheed against manard
Also first goal flew didn't mpact and his guy kicked the first

He's that great. No one wanted him

He punches that ball to boundary ( as you do) we win

Oh and saintly nice posts even funny

But way of the mark

WHAT I SEE IS A BLOKE WITH A VERY SMALL BAG OF TRICKS

We've made finals 1 time in how many years

People have said he's had a wonderful carear so far
He's the next clement?

Gee wiz

Great mark from Ryan against 2 guys , Langdon ( yes hard to understand ) didn't adhear to basic defensive principles ,
Didn't punch , didn't block, didn't restrict the fast entry left his man and created a two on one for sheed against manard

But way of the mark

He's the next clement?
Cool, we’ve gone from basing our opinions on singular games, to singular acts now?

Tyler Brown kicked a ripper goal in the JLT. Superstar. Give him a 10 year deal.

Oh, and I’m pretty sure Sydney wanted him, so stop with the revisionism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1 1985,Peter Daicos kicked 1 goal 6 behinds. That guy sucked in front of goal.

Lol

You wouldn't take a second round pick for him next year

You'll change your tune

Forgot the Adelaide game 2017

His flash marking yippee, out marking third string talls

His kicking
His body impact
His tackling
He's a line breaker isn't he , offensive weapon

Why wasn't he wanted by anyone else ?
Certainly cheap enough

You know mentioning Daicos, you've mentioned cox

Your kidding
One played as a mid as a kid

One can remember a lot on here bagging mason

Same for bagging bucks

Experts

Cool, we’ve gone from basing our opinions on singular games, to singular acts now?

Tyler Brown kicked a ripper goal in the JLT. Superstar. Give him a 10 year deal.

Oh, and I’m pretty sure Sydney wanted him, so stop with the revisionism.

Bullshit

Sydney gave him a medical

Harley come out and said " thanks but no thanks" , they know

So do you

Bullshit

So do you
Well that's a lie. Both Sydney and Freo were keen on him, and a medical from Sydney proves that.

Langdon choosing to stay =/= Sydney not being interested. Further, your entire argument is that Langdon isn't talented. That has absolutely nothing to do with a medical.

Sydney are not going to undertake a medical and have the results come back saying "Langdon is no good at footy." They're two completely different things.

Gee wiz

But way of the mark

He's the next clement?
Mate, we made the finals LAST YEAR. Why do you think we need to undertake a rebuild after making the finals LAST YEAR?

Bullshit

So do you
If you’re going to call bullshit, then do it with something to back it up other than your own imagination.

Lol

You wouldn't take a second round pick for him next year

You'll change your tune

Forgot the Adelaide game 2017

His flash marking yippee, out marking third string talls

His kicking
His body impact
His tackling
He's a line breaker isn't he , offensive weapon

Why wasn't he wanted by anyone else ?
Certainly cheap enough

You know mentioning Daicos, you've mentioned cox

Your kidding
One played as a mid as a kid

One can remember a lot on here bagging mason

Same for bagging bucks

Experts

I'm a Langdon fan, even though I think he is pretty useless when we have the ball. His ball use is ordinary. Inexplicably, despite his pace and game sense, he doesn't attempt to run and create overlap. (maybe this is instructions for him to position himself as a backwards release - no idea)

I'm a fan because when the opposition has the ball, he's one of our best players. His marking, anticipation, and fast defensive running, shuts down space inside defensive fifty and causes a multitude of intercepts every game.

I've got no qualms about people who would trade Langdon due to his lack of contribution when we have the ball, but your reasons and reasoning for wanting to trade him have been absolutely bizarre.

If you’re going to call bullshit, then do it with something to back it up other than your own imagination.
Firstly bud at my age I have no imagination

Posted on nicks
On fox footy
On sen Harley interview

So yeah it was bullshit
He toured
Here did a medical
But was never offerered

Mate, we made the finals LAST YEAR. Why do you think we need to undertake a rebuild after making the finals LAST YEAR?

Well we didn't win

We played a team we didn't beat
All year without their two best players ( both proven guns) , the best power forward in the game was injured and of a light prep

Essendon decimated to key personal all year
Adelaide didn't adjust to loosing Cameron
Richmond had a bad night and we were lucky
Also we have no first round comming up

He's a carrot to attract something
In reality

Maynard, Moore , murphy , Kelly quaynour , crisp all ahead future

Sack dunne roughy all no value

Plus midfielders swinging back
Treleor Adams Sidey

He's trade bait imo

YOU WANT A DYNASTY

you trade and replenish

Back your recruiting
Hawks did and do
Cats did and do
Gws did and do
Tigers did and do
Dons did and do

To succeed. You need guys comming thru , we have

You need to move mid value guys on to get blokes like lynch ,may , Cameron, Martin , Kelly ,

You simply don't have 3,000000 in cap space playing Sunday at casey fields or on the sidelines

Firstly bud at my age I have no imagination

Posted on nicks
On fox footy
On sen Harley interview

So yeah it was bullshit
He toured
Here did a medical
But was never offerered

I haven't read these rumours, but they sound pretty dodgy to me.

Over his short career so far, Langdon has shown himself to be an excellent athlete, who is fit and reasonably durable. The likelihood of a club giving him an end of year medical and then putting a line through him on the basis of it seems very unlikely to me.

YOU WANT A DYNASTY

you trade and replenish

Back your recruiting
Hawks did and do
Cats did and do
Gws did and do
Tigers did and do
Dons did and do

The Hawks and the Cats are the only two of those clubs who could be described as having had a recent dynasty and both of those clubs did their trading out of senior players to replenish after their dynasty had finished. It is an attempt by two clubs on the way down to remain at the top for as long as possible. Early signs suggest that it is not going to be successful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back