Play Nice AFL Womens - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Examples.

Also, this is what about ism, at its most utterly ridiculous.

Rape comments by men aren't really an issue, because if a woman drugged a man, she could have her way with him. **** off you stupid troll.

A woman doing this, if you could find an example is at the extreme end of female behaviour.

This behaviour by men is so common that statistically there is a good chance one of the posters, or more, is a rapist or has committed sexual assault.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Not a troll, just calling you out for your comments about men are the ones who do the raping and woman cant rape a man.

The issue here is, we have a large group of men on BF who are the sorts of men that would post comments like these, or find them funny and share them.

For them to accept the public reaction, to accept the commentary about the trolls, would require a level of self awareness and self criticism way beyond them.

They are left to defend and deflect, because they are defending their own behaviour.

This points to a wider problem with social media and that is just how pointless many people's comments are, and it isn't just the nasty comments, take a footballer that posts a picture of him playing with a new puppy or having a night out with his girlfriend and there will be twenty comments with most of them being about "carn what ever side they play for" or they will just be abusive, like the other day I was looking at Angie Kerber's Instagram page and she posted a mundane picture of herself doing something and someone piped up with "you clumsy bitch" then you go to the more extreme examples like I've seen Serena Williams post a picture of her kid doing normal kid stuff and someone will come along and starts hurling racial abuse. I read it and think what is wrong with these people.

I still haven't been able to find the comments that were said but anyway why would people have a go at her she is one of the hottest girls in the league save the horrid comments for the ugly ones

Re the Majak Daw example, I never saw any comments about him in Speedos so I don't know if they were just comments about his physique or they were more like some of the comments made about Harris, but I think people should remember that he's not just "a man" but more specifically a black man, who often are made to feel incredibly uncomfortable and targeted by comments about their genitalia. There's definitely a sliding scale of seriousness about the types of comments people make about others' bodies, but for Daw it's not "fine" just because he's a guy. There's more to it than that.

The issue here is, we have a large group of men on BF who are the sorts of men that would post comments like these, or find them funny and share them.

For them to accept the public reaction, to accept the commentary about the trolls, would require a level of self awareness and self criticism way beyond them.

They are left to defend and deflect, because they are defending their own behaviour.

Neanderthals is the easiest word to use for these trolls.

What would you be saying if this was your daughter ?. Me thinks the crude sexual comments would be non existent.

Keyboards warriors !!!.

I've pointed this out previous

It's a competition designed to build brand for minnows
Original 8 teams should have been 12
Adelaide
Nt thunder
Freo
West coast
DOgs
Saints
CATS
Roos ( Tasmania)
Gws
Lions
Suns
Dees

Would have had grudge matches
Adelaide vs nt
Lions vs suns
Dees vs dogs
Eagles vs dokers
Saints vs cats

Zones should have been established and a fairer comp would have happened with a proper draft

Pay em proper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Men never get sick of it.

Show me a comment praising Tayla for being female?

Really, people wanted to rape Majak? Men I mean, you know, the gender that does the raping.

My opinion is quite simple. The grubs that make the crude and disgusting comments regarding Tayla's photo, are just weak walking backward Neanderthals.
That being said, your clear hatred of men doesn't help the situation. I couldn't care if Tayla was a female, a male or a rabbit.
She is a footballer with awesome athletic ability and a kicking style, I could only wish for.
If you don't want certain men commenting on Tayla regarding her gender, don't add fuel to the fire. Accept her as how she would want to be regarded and that is as a bloody good footballer.
Not all men are rapists Jatz and it is sad and quite disgusting to put us all in the same basket because of the comments of a few dickheads.

Seriously, what was actually said? Nothing specific is mentioned anywhere
That should tell you something. A complaint made about the AFL and afl7 social media is that they don't moderate comments. For them to delete the whole post meant it got pretty bad. Bad enough that the worst do not get quoted.

The last 4 pages or so are absolute trash...

Any chance of some talk about football with a Prelim happening in just two days time?

I'll be going to Saturday's prelim, first time I'll be going to a match without my team in it. Hopefully both teams keep up their good form and it's a closer game than most are expecting, but I'm definitely on Freo to win. I think Freo at their best could make a real contest against Adelaide, I just don't think Carlton have that level in them.

I literally can't imagine the Cats getting anywhere near the Crows, let alone winning, but I guess stranger things have happened. If it happens, though, the Discourse will be unbearable.

Welcome to the Women's Footy & AFLW board, sudden influx of newcomers.

What are all your thoughts on Tayla's kicking in general play over the last two weeks compared to the rest of this season and the last few years? Here I am providing a great and easy opportunity to discuss da football for anybody who is totally way above paying attention to media beat-ups.
Her goal kicking needs work.

Her goal kicking needs work.
It's a sign of the level of discourse that some of the non offensive comments were about her not making the distance or putting it out on the full, or a variation of. With lots of likes and thumbs up.

This is for a kick that went through the middle half post height, from 45m.

It's a sign of the level of discourse that some of the non offensive comments were about her not making the distance or putting it out on the full, or a variation of. With lots of likes and thumbs up.

This is for a kick that went through the middle half post height, from 45m.

Yes, that goal was good. Just the ones v Geelong not so good.

Taylah has come out and said they were sexual and made her feel uncomfortable in her workplace.
I think that's all we need to know.
Yes I saw some of the comments on that original post and they were pretty foul.

Her workplace is the football field. Are people saying something to her over the fence during games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back