Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m overreacting, but part of me wishes this year had more exclusives by April, which hasn’t occurred. Remember that 2017 had cool games coming out every month.

There's plenty of great games to be had on the Switch. I mentioned Baba is You which is getting stellar reviews across the board - been playing it today and it's fantastic. Yes it's indie but it shouldn't be dismissed just for that.

It’s cool, people wanted the game on the switch and now those people can play said game.

Being cool and being huge is completely different.

That was the first indie direct that I actually enjoyed, a lot of post apocalyptic games which are my favourite. Could see myself getting all until we got to the Pine game and then after that it got progressively worse.

The Zelda game at the end was awesome too. Nintendo really give a s**t about the indie titles.

There's plenty of great games to be had on the Switch. I mentioned Baba is You which is getting stellar reviews across the board - been playing it today and it's fantastic. Yes it's indie but it shouldn't be dismissed just for that.

I've been playing Baba is You recently and agree that it is a brilliant game if you like puzzle solving games. At times I find it incredibly difficult to work out but very rewarding when I finally do. It's just a well made game.

It's not that huge.

It's huge for StudioMDHR. It's huge for Cuphead fans who get a portable version AND a big update. Oh, and it's huge that a game funded by Microsoft is being released on the Switch, especially with the talk on Xbox games on Switch or vice versa.

This isn't an exclusivity period ending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if this sets a precedent for other Indie developers to work on some Nintendo IPs. Personally I'd love to see what Team Cherry could do with Metroid and Golf Story blended into the Mario universe.

Wonder if this sets a precedent for other Indie developers to work on some Nintendo IPs. Personally I'd love to see what Team Cherry could do with Metroid and Golf Story blended into the Mario universe.

It has to make a lot of sense to crossover into indie. I’m not sure what else would work. I suppose the rhythm element of that game is very clever. Just thinking about it, it’s a genius choice to use that indie game in particular.

Would Zelda work in Hollow Knight? Maybe, but there wouldn’t be that many games that can do it well, because the context is hard to match.

Rocket League has a Mario and Luigi car.

You could have characters in overcook, maybe stardew valley.

I loved golf story and it took me right back to the original RPG mario golf/tennis games which were in my opinion the best in the series. So if the guys who made golf story could get their hands on the rights to mario golf i would pay anything for it.

The Golf Story developers posted on their Twitter page that they're currently busy on their new game, and apparently it'll be a surprise. This actually leads me to believe it'll be totally different from Golf Story - some other genre... I have no idea what it could be.

The Necromancer devs approached Nintendo and at first just asked about the possibility of doing some DLC content, but Nintendo suggested they do a whole game, as they were fans of Necrodancer- rhythm games are very popular in Japan.

Strong reports from Wall Street Journal that Nintendo are planning to announce two new iterations of the Switch, a pro version and a cheaper "lite" version, handheld only I suppose for younger players.

Would make sense as Nintendo is already lagging behind power wise and that will only grow with the releases of PS5 and the Nextbox ECT.

Yeah I can only imagine what that would cost, and frankly do they need it? They obviously already decided that they didn't need to match the power of the other consoles and the games they have don't really need it due to the visual styles.

I could see them making a console with proper built in storage though.

Hopefully Retro Studios were working on something new from 2013-2018, need a few more new titles me thinks.

In terms of ports, hopefully Metroid Trilogy and Persona 5, though I still have my doubts over Persona because it’s a Sony drawcard.

In terms of Bethesda, panic button, hopefully Mass Effect series or Crysis.

The Witcher is a strong rumour, as is Scalebound, but we don’t know yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back