SEASON 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has been rather quiet here so thought I'd ask peoples opinions on all the AFL rule changes for 2019 and impact on us? As per previous years, the rule changes are basically defined for the AFL and local leagues adopt them as much as they want.

EFL got on the front foot over a month ago nominating which rules they would adopt and those they would ignore. Has anyone had a think about which rules would make sense for us and which would make it messy?

I imagine our comp will decide and publish in the new year once they're all back on board.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-11/new-rules-revealed-nine-changes-for-2019

Has been rather quiet here so thought I'd ask peoples opinions on all the AFL rule changes for 2019 and impact on us? As per previous years, the rule changes are basically defined for the AFL and local leagues adopt them as much as they want.

EFL got on the front foot over a month ago nominating which rules they would adopt and those they would ignore. Has anyone had a think about which rules would make sense for us and which would make it messy?

I imagine our comp will decide and publish in the new year once they're all back on board.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-11/new-rules-revealed-nine-changes-for-2019

My belief is that we are bound by what AFL Vic Country decide. EFL being Metro can do as they please.

I am on the look out for some old 'Football Records' from the Tungamah Football League (which ended after the 1995 season) and copies of the 'Weekender' from the old Goulburn Valley Division 2 competition (which disbanded around 2004). Some of its past member clubs were Alexandra, Thornton-Eildon and Yea.

Home and away or finals editions are fine. I would prefer hard copies but scans are fine as well.

Please message me if you can assist.

I am on the look out for some old 'Football Records' from the Tungamah Football League (which ended after the 1995 season) and copies of the 'Weekender' from the old Goulburn Valley Division 2 competition (which disbanded around 2004). Some of its past member clubs were Alexandra, Thornton-Eildon and Yea.

Home and away or finals editions are fine. I would prefer hard copies but scans are fine as well.

Please message me if you can assist.

I'll have a scratch around Mortlock, no guarantee's if I have anything left but I was involved for the last 3-4 seasons of the CGFL before the rug was pulled out from under us by the VCFL powers that be at the time.

Narre Warren practice matches

16th March Doncaster East
23rd March Cheltenham
30th March Upper Ferntree Gully. All being played at Fox rd.

1550542810414.png
Thought i would post this on the off chance some people don't know about it. First big footy related event of the year for the Yarra Valley and all funds raised going to a fantastic cause. Dig deep and enjoy the night!

Yarra Glen vs Kilcunda Bass now on the Sunday 17th March
Upwey Practice Games
Practice Matches 2019
17th March vs Bayswater at Whitefriars College
23rd March Vs Belgrave South at Belgrave South
30th March Vs Boronia at Upwey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 621864
Thought i would post this on the off chance some people don't know about it. First big footy related event of the year for the Yarra Valley and all funds raised going to a fantastic cause. Dig deep and enjoy the night!

Ended up being a fair few people who went (Oz thought it might have been 2000+) and a good night all round.
Look forward to next years!

I hope clubs in Div 1 and Div 2 have volunteers for Goal Umpires, hearing a shortage at present with only enough to cover Premier and a couple Div 1 games!

I hope clubs in Div 1 and Div 2 have volunteers for Goal Umpires, hearing a shortage at present with only enough to cover Premier and a couple Div 1 games!

Totally contry to what has been but out by the league. I've seen they have actually asked clubs if they want EVERY umpiring position filled, as they have a MOU with South East who have an abundance of Umpires.

The practice match between Thornton and Nth Croydon/ Mt Lilydale was called off due to a massive Barney. North Croydon/ Mt Lilydale boys then resorted to smashing up Thornton rooms.

Narre opened up with an eight goal first term yesterday,up at olinda,i thought the south east were meant to struggle on the smaller grounds,lmao,paky easily over emerald, no surprise there,powelltown over YJ that was a surprise.

Look at Olinda. Been super good over the last few years.

The reserves who played off in a grand final in their last game just got done by 170 points and there under 18's but 193 points.

While the seniors will work out their level its the reserves and 18's who will be impacted. Unfortunately the numbers in these towns cant support good reserves numbers compared to the new sides.

This will get VERY VERY ugly this year. Try convincing people to play local footy when they are getting smashed. I know its early but i can see a lot of the mountain clubs struggling to field sides in the next few years when interest goes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back