A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly right! Keeping this conversation towards "VAFA Premier" news - OX to play OGs in a practice game today. Will be interesting to see how new coach Satterley goes against OX legend Bourke.

Hear Hear...it ain’t the kids fault that their parents chose St Kevin’s instead of Xavier. No more Skobbers bashing!
(Posted so Briza can discuss wheeelie bins, children’s football and VCE results)
On a serious note..cough cough..hmm hmm..
I am absolutely warming to the Snowdogs. Hearing some very very good things. I have now locked them for the 4.
IMO Carey, Trinity and DLS are the only 3 who can’t make finals.
Looking forward to these upcoming weeks of praccy games. We shall all learn a lot.
I’m very excited.

DLS playing Uni Blues out at Tulla. Still cricket season for me so not attending but will try and get some info and post accordingly.

I'm not one that puts a lot of weight on PM's but interested to see how some of our graduating 19s go. With some top end departures there are some spots up for grabs.

Hear Hear...it ain’t the kids fault that their parents chose St Kevin’s instead of Xavier. No more Skobbers bashing!
(Posted so Briza can discuss wheeelie bins, children’s football and VCE results)
On a serious note..cough cough..hmm hmm..
I am absolutely warming to the Snowdogs. Hearing some very very good things. I have now locked them for the 4.
IMO Carey, Trinity and DLS are the only 3 who can’t make finals.
Looking forward to these upcoming weeks of praccy games. We shall all learn a lot.
I’m very excited.
Small fly in the ointment their Hipp - superstar Tom Sullivan moving to Port Fairy with his family. Very big loss.

Small fly in the ointment their Hipp - superstar Tom Sullivan moving to Port Fairy with his family. Very big loss.

Huge loss BM. Sullivan is a very good player. But with every departure comes opportunity. We have learnt ourselves in a big way this pre-season.

Has the big Chad committed yet? Very unsubstantiated rumours reach the eastern side of town that he is still somewhat undecided.

Huge loss BM. Sullivan is a very good player. But with every departure comes opportunity. We have learnt ourselves in a big way this pre-season.

Has the big Chad committed yet? Very unsubstantiated rumours reach the eastern side of town that he is still somewhat undecided.
Chad remains a genuine 50:50 I believe.

It is March - so my head says probably NO. We can only hope and wait. He is such a quality person, and a great player, we hope he plays. But respect whatever he decides.

That is a bummer Bagman. A true star. I’m not going to unlock my lock as I believe you have great depth. A few departures fear i not.
Looking forward to some info from the DLS and Blues hit out. Will all the Blues ‘stars’ feel like heading out to Tulla today. I’m hearing whispers of a few big ego clashes within the picket fences of Parkville.

Just an immature St Bernard’s kid who is both the Conspirator and the username posted before him.

He has an axe to grind because his best mate didn’t get a seniors game at SKOB so he left and went back to St Bernard’s.

Everyone knows SKOB had 12 blokes 21 and under in their premiership team, but alas there are some strange cats out there.
You must get a kick out of bagging a 'just an immature St Bernard's kid' on a public forum. Seriously get a life.

That is a bummer Bagman. A true star. I’m not going to unlock my lock as I believe you have great depth. A few departures fear i not.
Looking forward to some info from the DLS and Blues hit out. Will all the Blues ‘stars’ feel like heading out to Tulla today. I’m hearing whispers of a few big ego clashes within the picket fences of Parkville.

Was not there but this is what was reported to me. Seniors DLS 9.15 - UB 8.8. Blues won 2s comfortably. DLS won 19s comfortably. Can’t comment on playing personnel but my source said Blues looked “very old and De La very young” . He also said that Green was, and I quote “ fat as pig” but very dangerous and kicked half Blues score. Cordy was dominating but went off very early with what appeared to be a rolled ankle.

Expect many missing so would not put much weight on the result. Not 100% sure but think De La playing Old Brighton next week.

OX would have put away OGs by over 100 points yesterday. Many new faces, young and old. A few who have been exposed to senior footy recently now genuinely making a name for themselves as the best players with the older boys taking a back seat - good signs. Billy Hartung about to join up also and has been training.

/45

OX would have put away OGs by over 100 points yesterday. Many new faces, young and old. A few who have been exposed to senior footy recently now genuinely making a name for themselves as the best players with the older boys taking a back seat - good signs. Billy Hartung about to join up also and has been training.

/45
I thought Billy Hartung was at St Bedes. They got him a job....?

Bernards probably a goal or two up at half time against Fitzroy. Then kicked 10 goals to 3 in H2. Double digit number of senior players missing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cmon Chazz, OX already at 2 embarrassing years in a row. No flag since 2016.

Genuine Q SS. Why would a superpower like Xavs (and I mean that seriously) tune up with a game against a club that played C grade last year? Very un Xavs like and I know it would not be of the new coaches doing.

Genuine Q SS. Why would a superpower like Xavs (and I mean that seriously) tune up with a game against a club that played C grade last year? Very un Xavs like and I know it would not be of the new coaches doing.

It would be all the Coaches doing wouldnt it?......or are you inferring "the Powers that be" are pulling the strings and the new Coach is a puppet?
I doubt that very much......

It would be all the Coaches doing wouldnt it?......or are you inferring "the Powers that be" are pulling the strings and the new Coach is a puppet?
I doubt that very much......

Not inferring anything. Just curious is all. (Are we lined up to play your mob this year FF as we generally do?)

I suspect it is the Nick Bourke connection. Nothing wrong with that but just a bit un-Xavs like to tune up against what was obviously a far weaker club. I wonder what the 2s and U19s score was? Could have been very ugly.

Mind you, you take what you can where you can this time of year.

Not inferring anything. Just curious is all. (Are we lined up to play your mob this year FF as we generally do?)

I suspect it is the Nick Bourke connection. Nothing wrong with that but just a bit un-Xavs like to tune up against what was obviously a far weaker club. I wonder what the 2s and U19s score was? Could have been very ugly.

Dunno JJ. Havent been down for ages. I think we have Barwon this weekend, from what I have heard, at Geelong. Im with you, dont want to show your hand so to speak and get a game when and where you can. The Grand Prix has stuffed our access to the trott etc..

Wouldn't have a clue as to the actual reasons - but as someone posted elsewhere, you usually take what you can get at this time of year - grounds as hard to come by as teams. I know in the past we have regularly played bush clubs in pre-season, so I wouldn't be reading too much into it.

Although I do note that the last time an "outsider" came into coach Old Xavs (1996), the pre-season began with a trip to play the Wang Rovers. Safe to say that wasnt a great start to the year. But it ended well.

OX still do have two more practise games against a Div 1 WRFL side this coming week then SKOB the week prior to round 1. the 2s and 19s had triple figure victories. Over 30 players were used so hardly a tune up...i think they will save that for the week after next.

45 /

Umpired Xavs on Saturday. They took their time and won comfortably. Could be another year where Xavs could be there and thereabouts.

Interesting thought as OX's were only up by 4 goals at 3/4 time and then kicked away in the last. Hardly a comfortable win in my book. If OX has a good year it will be down to Bewick having a Woodrow Medal like-season, quick, agile and a terrific left boot, the bloke is far too good for local footy.

Not a lot of talk about OMs and OBGS. See OM's have already announced Eliot Kavanagh [ex Essendon], Andrew Tashevski -Beckwirth [ex Footscray VFL] and Jackson Paine [Brisbane].Also several strong country players and some VFL players have committed to full seasons in the Ammos. Will not be easy beats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back