Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A little but still it's the freaking Grizzlies and it's the same way we lose nearly all our games no matter what circumstance. Giving up too many and not getting enough from our bench.

We have a massive problem with playing in Memphis also, I remember we lost their late last season when they were on a huge losing streak also.

Body blow losing to OKC at home in OT despite Dame getting 51 points on 28 shots, that leaves us getting swept by the Thunder in the season series 4-0.

CJ injured, drove to the basket in the 3rd quarter and landed awkwardly, looked in a lot of pain and didn't return to the game. MRI tomorrow so let's just hope for the best.

Inb4 we continue to look better/decent without CJ. He's never going to be a title winning starting SG. Could certainly be a winner as an off the bench combo guard though.

100% agree

Inb4 we continue to look better/decent without CJ. He's never going to be a title winning starting SG. Could certainly be a winner as an off the bench combo guard though.

Need a larger sample size than 2 home games though, also apparently when Dame and CJ are on the floor together we have the no 1 offensive rating in the league. I wasn't aware until ESPN raised the stat prior to our Pacers game on Tuesday.

Need a larger sample size than 2 home games though, also apparently when Dame and CJ are on the floor together we have the no 1 offensive rating in the league. I wasn't aware until ESPN raised the stat prior to our Pacers game on Tuesday.

True but I like how we look when everyone else especially Nurk get more of the ball.

Not surprised about our offensive rating with Dame and CJ on the court. It's only part of the story though and still leaves us defensively vulnerable.

True but I like how we look when everyone else especially Nurk get more of the ball.

Not surprised about our offensive rating with Dame and CJ on the court. It's only part of the story though and still leaves us defensively vulnerable.

Yeah I'm not disagreeing with you on those points, just need to work out if Offensive rating being 1st instead of mid 20s covers the shortcomings on the defensive end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how do you guys always end up finishing so high in the West, this season I predicted it even though I thought other teams had better rosters because it happens every season

Yeah It's a good question, health has been a key component, Dame, CJ and Nurk have been playing 75+ games, I also think Dame is underrated even though he's rated I think he's better than he gets credit for, also I think Stotts is a pretty good coach even if he's not brilliant defensively or at times a little slow to make adjustments.

Worst NBA leg break I've seen.

And what's the deal with the idiot ref kicking Nurk whilst he's down with a leg that's clearly folded in two???

One minute I was cursing my internet connection as the game kept dropping out, next Nurk is being stretchered off. Glad I missed the injury from the sound of it.

We'll need a huge playoffs from Kanter/Zach/Meyers if we're to do anything at all in the post-season.

One minute I was cursing my internet connection as the game kept dropping out, next Nurk is being stretchered off. Glad I missed the injury from the sound of it.

We'll need a huge playoffs from Kanter/Zach/Meyers if we're to do anything at all in the post-season.
Meh is not possible. Best we can hope for is to push our first round series to 6-7 games. s**t timing as with a break this bad we're done not only this year but also next as any legit challenger.

Meh is not possible. Best we can hope for is to push our first round series to 6-7 games. s**t timing as with a break this bad we're done not only this year but also next as any legit challenger.

When you think in the last decade we've had career ending injuries to Roy and Oden and now this to Nurkic, it's amazingly bad luck.

When you think in the last decade we've had career ending injuries to Roy and Oden and now this to Nurkic, it's amazingly bad luck.

Not just the last decade. Our franchise has its entire history marked by career ending or at least career limiting injuries.

It's bloody devastating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back