Preview Round 1 2019, Collingwood vs Geelong, Friday March 22nd 7:50pm

Who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still too tall down back.

Would prefer Cam over Kolo (with Cam going to a wing).

Midfield is very vanilla needs Cam/Cunico for a bit of zip.

Can't complain too much though at least plenty of youngsters are getting a go.

Still too tall? Come on cynical thats a pretty good go at it.. Its been brave ..No Henderson , no Guthrie .. and a couple of smalls are tall like MOC

Muggsy Bogues would run rings around those tall guys

I dont remember saying all tall guys are slow and have no agility, but on average they are a lot slower and have less agility compared to smalls.

Lol the average height is 6'7 in the NBA muggsy bogues was a midget like 5 foot 3.

Literally the smallest player in nba history you had one card played it.

Earl boykins was next at 5 foot 5

Still too tall? Come on cynical thats a pretty good go at it.. Its been brave ..No Henderson , no Guthrie .. and a couple of smalls are tall like MOC

Taylor + Blicavs + Kolo = 3KPDs
Stewart + Henry = 2 mediums

Should be 2/2/2 especially with the ability to run straight out of defence after a behind.

Can get away with it at KP but at the MCG its 1 tall too many.

Taylor + Blicavs + Kolo = 3KPDs
Stewart + Henry = 2 mediums

Should be 2/2/2 especially with the ability to run straight out of defence after a behind.

Can get away with it at KP but at the MCG its 1 tall too many.
Kolo very rarely plays KPD.
He plays tall, medium and small.
You have him classified wrongly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wanted one of Hendo or Kolo out so thats a win..

Bold bold selection though, don't mind it to be honest.. We are up against it regardless, it rewards people who have played JLT well it seems and keeps the older blokes honest.

It is also a product of us losing the Murdoch's etc.. Our next level is super young, if we cop a few more injuries I expect to see plenty of youth play.. And I'm happy with it, we were never winning a flag with those other bottom rung guys playing.. New blood means there is potential of finding players that may help us win a flag

Bold bold selection though, don't mind it to be honest.. We are up against it regardless, it rewards people who have played JLT well it seems and keeps the older blokes honest.

It is also a product of us losing the Murdoch's etc.. Our next level is super young, if we cop a few more injuries I expect to see plenty of youth play.. And I'm happy with it, we were never winning a flag with those other bottom rung guys playing.. New blood means there is potential of finding players that may help us win a flag

Thats the way I see.. its bold ..and its a head nod towards a different setup .. but its also a lot of youth . MOC only has 7 games Sav 8.

Maybe this is why they signed Scott to 2022 ... its given him the green light to think long term

Sorry Willo I had to quote you again..cause I like your post so much ..

It does mean exactly as you have posted... too much instant gratification in recent years... there is nothing wrong with absorbing a bit of pain for some long term gain. Id say that mean Harry better stay fit and stay in form . Scotter mat struggle to get mant games .. and some guys like Lochie Henderson and Cam Guthrie may be in the phone to their manager.. and if a 34 year old guys had a different name.... Id say he best stay fit as well

Last edited:
Not seen a Geelong side look so inferior on paper man for man for a while. But we have produced very good performances in the past with inexperienced sides before, thinking of the draw v GWS in Sydney.
That game must have been the last time we played so many inexperienced players. Talked to some of the new guys in the hotel lift after the game. They were pretty upbeat about the performance even though a win was there for the taking. I guess Hawkins can't kick a goal every time after the siren. Anyway one after the siren goal against the Dawks is worth 10 against anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back