Allianz Stadium (formerly Sydney Football Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably never?

If it were a good business plan the SCG Trust wouldn't need the NSW Government to be the debtor.

Are you a SCG member?
I wouldn't say never.

It provides jobs and tourism as well.

The 18million was a lie as it would be more 300 million whicj would of on extended the life span of the place 5 years.

I haven't seen many stadiums anywhere in Oz privately funded without the government.

No I'm not.

The point is though having these grounds doesn't effect schools and hospitals funding as is the NSW Labor outcry(there 1 and only 1)
Check out the spending for both parties and education is about the same.

We have an 80 billion surplus supposedly why not do it all stadiums, schools, hospitals, transport. We aren't a broke state.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Maybe you could back that up. In the meantime what do you think of
"$1 trillion debt bomb buried in NSW budget papers"

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...s/news-story/fd65e98b805b7d03b60f31ccf6b8a97b
As i said. Supposedly.

Just reread, there's multiple surpluses over the last few years and projected years till 2021 of 2.3 billion each year.

No idea where I saw the 80 billion from. Apologies.

Really the age scaremongering? Stunned.

Oh well we will see soon enough anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably never?

If it were a good business plan the SCG Trust wouldn't need the NSW Government to be the debtor.

Are you a SCG member?

Even the MCC needs a guarantee, see the sleazy deal that delivered an extension to the AFL GF at the G.
The guarantee was one scratch of the back in 'a ring a rosey' negotiation that ensured the status quo was maintained, all behind closed doors.

The stadium is a new addition and hasn't always been there.
Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt it right next door to an 100-year-old stadium. I mean, I have only been to Sydney once but I swear that was the case.

As for whether or not the SFS was up to par still, I wouldn't have a clue. But it is a moot point now, as it no longer exists. It is done, get over it. You can still say it shouldn't have been but now that it has, it is important to finish the damn job.

Its politics, sport is just being used, sports fans vote.
The Libs have got the politics wrong though.In NSW it's always about the mortgage belt seats on the Sydney fringe in any election federal or state. People think Whitlam got elected by hippies or draft dodgers but take away the promises of sewerage to Sydneys western Suburbs he wouldn't have been.

Interestingly from what he's said previously General Giant doesn't actually live in Sydney or attend stadiums.

The Libs have got the politics wrong though.In NSW it's always about the mortgage belt seats on the Sydney fringe in any election federal or state. People think Whitlam got elected by hippies or draft dodgers but take away the promises of sewerage to Sydneys western Suburbs he wouldn't have been.

Interestingly from what he's said previously General Giant doesn't actually live in Sydney or attend stadiums.

Did not know about the sewerage in western Sydney & Gough, :thumbsu: my house at that time in Perth was on seppo, as was most of Perth in good sandy soil.

Replying as I saw your post from the quote above.

Yep I don't live in Sydney. Central West all the way.

Incorrect on the last. Go to stadiums as often as work and family allow.

Did not know about the sewerage in western Sydney & Gough, :thumbsu: my house at that time in Perth was on seppo, as was most of Perth in good sandy soil.
Ouch

Sydney's West offerred a lot of seats though. Perth was relatively small around then. It's always a cynical exercise.

Forecasting a surplus is a Wayne Swan special, bit harder to deliver .... dont believe any of them since Costello, current lot included.
New South Wales has been in surplus for years, in 17/18 it was more than $4 billion. For 18/19 it has been revised down from $1.4 billion to $840 million given reduced receipts from the softening housing market.

The politics was spot on, the policy was unpopular in the SMH echo chamber of safe Labor/Green seats in the inner city and safe Liberal seats on the Lower North Shore.

In marginal seats where the election was going to be decided people were generally ambivalent. In fact, Labor's opposition became a symbol of their decision to cancel a number of infrastructure projects versus the government's message that they were getting on with the job.

The result last Saturday proved it, stadiums didn't change one seat.

I'm surprised Michael Daley didn't make his concession speech outside Allianz such was the amount of time he spent out the front of it. Labor even had a livestream of the stadium on their website such was their deluded obsession.

But people should keep telling us that Kayla Murnain and Bruce Hawker are political geniuses....lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back