Round 1 Vs Sydney GAMEDAY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of months ago our round 1 side looked very strong and it seemed like a hard task to pick a best 22..

Now it just looks horrible with holes everywhere. Basically saying "oh he'll have to do" when naming 4 or 5 blokes.

Yikes.

No it didn’t

It was never going to be good that’s the problem

We over rate this list and coach ing staff coz they pulled off the biggest miracle in 2016.

We are a botto 6 list with a bottom 4 coaching panel and that is unfortunately the truth of it no matter how much we don’t want to admit it

Daniel in the backline worries me a lot but other than that I'm reasonably happy with the team. Feel like we'll toil hars for most of the night to score and they'll get a few easy ones with height advantage and probably win.

So 197cm, 20 year old (just) in delist territory cause he's only played 9 senior games so far..ffs..

Might note he's also named first emergency on the list.

"Likely to get delisted" talk about going the early crow!

Dipper, Tuck, played nearly five years in the twos before they got a game.

We have had countless examples of players that have developed slowly in the twos before blossoming.

In this day and age of outrage, impatience and fast results, the naturally tendency of some is not to develop, it's cut and start again and repeat. We don't want to be like Carlton.

I’m not sure how we are going to control Sydney’s talls

It’s an easy blueprint for other teams to follow

Dipper, Tuck, played nearly five years in the twos before they got a game.

We have had countless examples of players that have developed slowly in the twos before blossoming.

In this day and age of outrage, impatience and fast results, the naturally tendency of some is not to develop, it's cut and start again and repeat. We don't want to be like Carlton.

You make a good point

However that was in the days of big lists

Not sure if you can sit on players nowadays

If we do, we will lose them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And he’ll be on fire!

He will be moved by half time

The swans have gone tall. They will roll a tall onto him constantly making him play oversized or a close 2 on 2 leaving more room for Buddy

His player will continually take him to the goal line and then swap to a taller bloke.

He will be moved by half time

The swans have gone tall. They will roll a tall onto him constantly making him play oversized or a close 2 on 2 leaving more room for Buddy

His player will continually take him to the goal line and then swap to a taller bloke.
Maybe so, but ...
1553167729284.png

Really? Perhaps I didn't hear the whole interview but I could have sworn he simply said something like 'he's not in the best 22 at the moment'.

correct - which he followed with "he has had an interrupted pre season"

Lol sorry I did miss that

I’m in hospital so not really with it
You're excused MD. I've been guilty of the same at times.

Hope you're OK and have a speedy recovery.
At least you've got BF to keep you distracted!

Anyone have Bevo's mobile no? He needs to be told that Sydney could attempt to isolate Daniels with one of their talls in their forward line. I am sure he has not thought about this, someone should tell him so he can make a plan.

We don’t have any players called Daniels. Are you referring to the small forward from GWS?

We don’t have any players called Daniels. Are you referring to the small forward from GWS?

I’m sure she wouldn’t know Was only trying to have a dig and seeing that’s all she adds it doesn’t know much.

I’m sure it thought it was humurous though so it giggles to itself

I would worry about the talls if this was played at SCG or Manuka but being docklands I don't think it matters as much.

Yeah talls under a roof with no weather conditions don’t have an advantage

Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back