2019 planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Andy Phillips!! :cool: Cant complain with 241 from him, Walsh and Setterfield

Exact same. JDWCE ShadowRuck phase 1 is looking pretty good, haha

Only downside is not holding firm on Newman, as his role looks grouse. Will give it one more week though before I make any rash decisions, as he can be very sporadic

Exact same. JDWCE ShadowRuck phase 1 is looking pretty good, haha

Only downside is not holding firm on Newman, as his role looks grouse. Will give it one more week though before I make any rash decisions, as he can be very sporadic
He actually didn't look too bad! Crazy stuff

Was wondering where everyone was, time to start posting in the round 1 discussion thread! No more fiddling with teams, will only end in heartache. Brought in Cripps just yesterday for Mrouch. Now I have to watch Mrouch score 130.

You'll be happy that I backed in my POD in Selwood and took him out for Cripps. Greenwood not getting named was what I needed to happen for me to make that change, and happen it did! Just excited to see him off the leash for a change

Happy with a ton from Houli and solid scores from Walsh and setters. 260/3 and can’t conplaint with that.

Glad I avoided dusty after originally having him

Just hope rances injury doesn’t affect Houli’s role moving forward

Houli was such a good pick at his price IMO

The old story, I had him all PS but swapped him for the hype guy in Milera just before the game tonight.

Doubt Rances injury has any affect on Houli, he isn't playing lockdown, if anything he'll pick up more cheap kicks that Rance normally gets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'll be happy that I backed in my POD in Selwood and took him out for Cripps. Greenwood not getting named was what I needed to happen for me to make that change, and happen it did! Just excited to see him off the leash for a change
I kinda want to get Jelwood now too. I remember being excited about him during JLT but just never followed through with it. It's hard to get him in now though since I got in the expensive Cripps. Means one of Taranto, Sheed or Brouch has to go. Have the cash to just go Taranto to Jelwood, but need to downgrade Grundy/Cogs if I want to turn Sheed/Brouch into Jelwood. We'll see what I end up doing haha

I kinda want to get Jelwood now too. I remember being excited about him during JLT but just never followed through with it. It's hard to get him in now though since I got in the expensive Cripps. Means one of Taranto, Sheed or Brouch has to go. Have the cash to just go Taranto to Jelwood, but need to downgrade Grundy/Cogs if I want to turn Sheed/Brouch into Jelwood. We'll see what I end up doing haha

Advice - keep Cogs as he's an absolute gun (and Jelly won't play this week so he'll have a big one), and keep Sheed, Taranto and Crouch too as I think they're gonna be pretty good. I would see how Sel goes this week and if he really does have that good role. You can then make the decision next week to go from Cripps to Sel if you think that the latter is a better pick :)

Who would you field out of Constable, Atkins and Scott? One misses out..

Shadow89 maybe could shed some light on first two?

Atkins by a fair bit IMO. Constable has one so-so game, and he's out. Got players like Cunico, Narkle, Jones etc. waiting in the wings, who can play multiple roles, unlike Constable who only plays inside mid. When Bews and Tuohy return, him and O'Connor will be dropped I reckon He'll probably score higher than the other two, but in the long run I'd be going with Scott and Atkins, for their JS. Atkins has his position for at least the first 6 rounds I would say, probably longer if he makes it his

EDIT: Definitely don't pick Constable. Just checked the board and Guthrie is out with calf tightness. Should be back next week or the week after, so that's the spot that Constable has. Could force his way in and keep Guth out, but it's a tall order

Last edited:
Atkins by a fair bit IMO. Constable has one so-so game, and he's out. Got players like Cunico, Narkle, Jones etc. waiting in the wings, who can play multiple roles, unlike Constable who only plays inside mid. When Bews and Tuohy return, him and O'Connor will be dropped I reckon He'll probably score higher than the other two, but in the long run I'd be going with Scott and Atkins, for their JS. Atkins has his position for at least the first 6 rounds I would say, probably longer if he makes it his

EDIT: Definitely don't pick Constable. Just checked the board and Guthrie is out with calf tightness. Should be back next week or the week after, so that's the spot that Constable has. Could force his way in and keep Guth out, but it's a tall order
Cheers for the further info. In terms of a score round 1 on field though, are you taking Constable or Atkins?

I've shown you mine, you show me yours :wink:, haha
I'll get around it tomorrow when I'm on a computer. The apps a bit ugly to post.

My side is certainly a bit more conservative and a safe than yours, probably doesn't have as much upside but has plenty of keepers (11)

All this JS speak around Constable has seen Butters come in to my team. Got quite a lot of coin on the M&D benches and hoping it is a good investment.

Am I stupid for thinking of doing this?

Before last nights game I had 2k spare. But with balta performance I’m thinking of either:

A) Downgrading scrimshaw to burgess at D7 to net around 33k to play with next werk

B) Williams to Perryman/Ridley at D4 to net around 50-110k to slap on balta next week.

Or should I just stick with my guns and roll with Williams & scrimshaw and expect that balta plays ?

Am I stupid for thinking of doing this?

Before last nights game I had 2k spare. But with balta performance I’m thinking of either:

A) Downgrading scrimshaw to burgess at D7 to net around 33k to play with next werk

B) Williams to Perryman/Ridley at D4 to net around 50-110k to slap on balta next week.

Or should I just stick with my guns and roll with Williams & scrimshaw and expect that balta plays ?

Is Balta on ground? and who would you use that 110k to get?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back