Preview Round 1, 2019: St.Kilda v Gold Coast - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 24th March, 1:10PM AEDT *Parker, Wilkie & Kent Debut*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 74 83.1%
  • Suns

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season when we faced Dogs in R20, I clearly remember when Battle got injured in the first half, we literally didn't have a KF, Membrey was our only option and he was having a mare. Then Hickey got injured, poor guy. Cho then moved Snake and Goat into the rucks, Rip. Later on, Hicks, while injured, got chucked into FF while clearly not ****** fit. When Snake moved into Ruck, goals piled in, he was carrying the backline. We dropped Marshall, and to a lesser extent, Gilbo who both could've been the reason why Snake and Goat got moved around like a pile of trash. It was simple, we played a decent but inaccurate game against GWS, didn't see the reason for us to change our tall structure so drastically.

The reason for bringing this up, If we do play 1 ruck with an inexperience short backline and questionable forward structure if Bruce rucks, its a recipe for disaster.

I sincerely hope we play Marshall. It just makes sense, LIKE A LOT. He's literally our Mr Fix, especially with Acres out of the team. And Pierce needs help, he won't be able to run out the game, like has he even played 10 games yet?
I expect we will play Marshall , just for match up reasons - the Suns are playing 3 guys that are over 2m , if we only play Pierce we will have 1.
But then again they might throw Joyce on Wright (2m) and Pierce will be on Witts (2m), Battle (1.93m) on Day (1.98m) , Newnes (1.85m) to Lukosius (1.95m), Savage (1.85m) to King(2m) .

Anyway It doesn't matter this game because we should beat the Suns no matter who we field in the 22
At least next game we get Brown back for the Bombers.

Wright is their main man up front, reckon Joyce is primed to play on him.

Battle won’t have any issues with Lukoskuis or Burgess.

Webster probably ends up on a tall at some points.

Don’t think they’ll go crazy tall, it’s way too reckless.

OK so due to unexpected work commitment, I cant attend.

Don't have foxtel. Only telstra TV box to go with my mobile plan.

What are my options please?

Is there a pay per view option that gives me access to the game and replay?

Thanks in advance
Download Kayo. 2 week free trial. Your set.

If you have a Chromecast or certain smart tv you can stream it straight to the tv

Wright is their main man up front, reckon Joyce is primed to play on him.

Battle won’t have any issues with Lukoskuis or Burgess.

Webster probably ends up on a tall at some points.

Don’t think they’ll go crazy tall, it’s way too reckless.
I think you're right with that so its the side as named with first four as the interchange - Steven, Clark Marshall and Long.

I'm surprised that another tallish player (Wilkie) was not named in the starting 18 so that points to Marshall getting a run.

If there are problems down back with one of their tall forwards getting on top then I think Richo will then swing the "reverse Carlisle" and then shift Marshall to defence to help out Joyce and Battle.

GCS will have pretty much the same plan for Sam Day.

Like others have said, Telstra customers on phone plans can have the AFL Live pass for free. If you’re not with Telstra, you can buy the 1-week plan for 5 bucks then cancel your subscription instantly. You get the week still but it won’t auto renew. That’s what I do when Foxtel Now can’t show a game on 503.

St Kilda and proud.
I have a Telstra mobile and can see all the games on my mobile which is pretty hard to watch for any period of time. I found a free app for my Android phone that can mirror the phone screen to the big TV via my Apple box and wifi and works great, but video only, so you need to listen to the audio via earphones or bluetooth..not bad going for an old fart like me.

I think you're right with that so its the side as named with first four as the interchange - Steven, Clark Marshall and Long.

I'm surprised that another tallish player (Wilkie) was not named in the starting 18 so that points to Marshall getting a run.

If there are problems down back with one of their tall forwards getting on top then I think Richo will then swing the "reverse Carlisle" and then shift Marshall to defence to help out Joyce and Battle.

GCS will have pretty much the same plan for Sam Day.
Completely agree, Marshall likely gets the nod because of the inexperience of Pierce and could be used anywhere on the ground.

Richo on SEN rn

Wouldn’t be surprised if Hanneberry isn’t ready by round 4. We are having to rebuild him. Hes worse than we thought he would be when we recruited him but he’s responding well to current rehab.

Steven will most likey play. Mentally he’s good to go.

Logan Austin is not a naturally fit guy (LMAO what a whack!). Needs more match fitness.

Acres has only played one VFL practice match (needs match fitness). But will be a very good player.

Looks like we are only selecting ROCK HARD FIT blokes.

Richo on SEN rn

Wouldn’t be surprised if Hanneberry isn’t ready by round 4. We are having to rebuild him. Hes worse than we thought he would be when we recruited him but he’s responding well to current rehab.

Steven will most likey play. Mentally he’s good to go.

Logan Austin is not a naturally fit guy (LMAO what a whack!). Needs more match fitness.

Acres has only played one VFL practice match (needs match fitness). But will be a very good player.

Hanners, what a waste of pick 4

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Richo on SEN rn

Sounds like Hanna's is the new Steve Austin ( the Bionic man )....We have the technology, we can rebuild him!
Some slick spinning from the Cho man! They don't call him the Master of Mind games for nothing!

Looks like Logan Austin is receiving less Steve Austin love but expect to see more Logan's Run!
What a bizarre thing for his coach to say! Not a naturally fit guy. Hate to think what he thought of Paddy's conditioning in the past!

Sounds like Hanna's is the new Steve Austin ( the Bionic man )....We have the technology, we can rebuild him!
Some slick spinning from the Cho man! They don't call him the Master of Mind games for nothing!

Looks like Logan Austin is receiving less Steve Austin love but expect to see more Logan's Run!
What a bizarre thing for his coach to say! Not a naturally fit guy. Hate to think what he thought of Paddy's conditioning in the past!
So you don't think some players find it harder to get fit than others.

Just on injured recruits. If SM wad around in 2001 supporters would have been saying this Reiwoldt bloke is a waste of pick one. He had a knee that had him out for 12 weeks.
Hanners is different, 28 and battered, Paddy is 4 years in the system.

Just reported on SEN Hanners is very anxious about not performing for his new club and not sleeping well which is contributing to the slow recovery.

Maybe he needs to get off stimulants like coffee and the Columbian Marching powder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want everyone to picture going into our games with Bruce and Membrey as our key position forwards, and then having Bruce go down. Borderline chaos, and puts us in a terrible position.

That’s, effectively, what happens every time Pierce needs a rest from the ruck, as Bruce is the chop out.
That’s exactly why going in without Marshall is ridiculous.

And this is before considering if we actually did lose Bruce/Membrey in a two KPF set up.
You don’t pick sides allowing for injury otherwise your bench would consist of tall forward a tall back and a ruck. The way I see it is Marshall and long can’t both play. Not because they similar but both forwards. You aren’t having two forwards on the bench even if it’s not those 2. So it’s one. I’m going long Steven Clark and Wilkie

Just on injured recruits. If SM wad around in 2001 supporters would have been saying this Reiwoldt bloke is a waste of pick one. He had a knee that had him out for 12 weeks.

Just reported on SEN Hanners is very anxious about not performing for his new club and not sleeping well which is contributing to the slow recovery.

Maybe he needs to get off stimulants like coffee and the Columbian Marching powder

Yersss...Well those stimulants can't be good for rest! We are going to need a whole lot of technology to rebuild our Bionic Man!

Of course different players have their own timelines to fitness, but what i took from those comments is that Austin
Came back into work looking like Dean Rioli after a binge on Turtle!

I could well imagine Hanners being anxious. He’s a proud guy, nowhere near the end of his career in normal terms. And people like the Purple FW piling it on. Media and fans. Bloke is not immune to it. No wonder these guys get anxiety disorders. Anyway, maybe mid season before we see him. That’ll be ok if he is fit again. Wishing him all the best.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Hanneberry isn’t ready by round 4. We are having to rebuild him. Hes worse than we thought he would be when we recruited him but he’s responding well to current rehab
Sounding a lot like Freezer now.

We knew better than 16 other clubs though.
We are so StKilda sometimes.

Sounding a lot like Freezer now.

We knew better than 16 other clubs though.
We are so StKilda sometimes.
I think we should now realise that as a bottom club you just take what you can. It still may work out but it’s not looking great. I still think it’s better to try and fail than not try at all. The money was never an issue with us anyway and in picks it cost bugger all

Not a big fan of the Pierce selection, the club must feel he can run out the game. Really hope he is fit because he's going to have to do a LOT of running. He's lucky but the club obviously likes him. Marshall stiff though.

Looking at the bench, you'd have to think Steven is a no-brainer. The defender is between Wilkie, Hind and DMac, so will depend on what they're looking for. I suspect DMac is an automatic once he's fully fit. Long is a definite in. And given Hunter Clark's pre-season I can't see him missing. So reckon it will be Steven, Long, Clark, Wilkie, with Marshall and Hind very stiff.

I think Joyce can handle Wright. Really bullish about him this year.

Last season when we faced Dogs in R20, I clearly remember when Battle got injured in the first half, we literally didn't have a KF, Membrey was our only option and he was having a mare. Then Hickey got injured, poor guy. Cho then moved Snake and Goat into the rucks, Rip. Later on, Hicks, while injured, got chucked into FF while clearly not ****** fit. When Snake moved into Ruck, goals piled in, he was carrying the backline. We dropped Marshall, and to a lesser extent, Gilbo who both could've been the reason why Snake and Goat got moved around like a pile of trash. It was simple, we played a decent but inaccurate game against GWS, didn't see the reason for us to change our tall structure so drastically.

The reason for bringing this up, If we do play 1 ruck with an inexperience short backline and questionable forward structure if Bruce rucks, its a recipe for disaster.

I sincerely hope we play Marshall. It just makes sense, LIKE A LOT. He's literally our Mr Fix, especially with Acres out of the team. And Pierce needs help, he won't be able to run out the game, like has he even played 10 games yet?
I agree 100%. Smart risk management. I also look forward to your company in melting when teams are announced.

Not a big fan of the Pierce selection, the club must feel he can run out the game. Really hope he is fit because he's going to have to do a LOT of running. He's lucky but the club obviously likes him. Marshall stiff though.

Looking at the bench, you'd have to think Steven is a no-brainer. The defender is between Wilkie, Hind and DMac, so will depend on what they're looking for. I suspect DMac is an automatic once he's fully fit. Long is a definite in. And given Hunter Clark's pre-season I can't see him missing. So reckon it will be Steven, Long, Clark, Wilkie, with Marshall and Hind very stiff.

I think Joyce can handle Wright. Really bullish about him this year.
I’m exactly with you. No idea what they expected from Marshall in that jlt game but he couldn’t have playedmuch better. Similar player to nankervis and look how good he was last night. Pierce will give a better contest in the ruck but bugger all around the ground. Those days are over imo

I think we should now realise that as a bottom club you just take what you can. It still may work out but it’s not looking great. I still think it’s better to try and fail than not try at all. The money was never an issue with us anyway and in picks it cost bugger all
Your probs right I expect Pluggs but won't be a good situation to keep reading

Hannas 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back