Round 1 Discussion (Dedicated to Jiska)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if its worth me downgrading Fyfe to M.Crouch now and B.Crouch to Libba so I have $196,000 ready in the kitty should Newman or Fisher back it up again.

Thoughts kents? :think:

Guess the equation is:
Fyfe + Brouch + rookie + zero trades used now, one later for a DEF upgrade vs Mrouch + Libba + Newman + two trades used upfront

Have Fyfe 7.5 pts ahead of Mrouch (factoringh in durability), so 165 pts up + let's say 4x Fyfe C bonus of 20 pts = 245 pts
Brouch vs Liibba impossible to say, call it a wash.
Newman vs 200k rookie = best case 100 vs 60? half a season (thru byes) = 11*40 = 440 pts, after that you're close enough to fully upgraded.
The trade used would be worth maybe 200 pts gained, but depends on assumptions and might not be thinking it through correctly.
Good luck either way, back yourself in.

Last edited:

I'd guess so.
He chopped out in the ruck fair enough, just couldn't get the pill. And gave away about as many frees as he had touches haha

And now Rance is dead so unless they bring Garthwaite in he's probably gonna get more of a run as a defender, which is actually where I want him to play anyways.

He wasn't good, but it also just wasn't a good game of footy in general.

Might of been a bit spooked playing in front of such a big crowd, hope he doesn't get stage fright twice!
Balta was by no means a loner in his first AFL game .....many a great player has struggled for touches in their first game

Balta was a bit unlucky, couple of clangers and FA, didn't look completely out of place and is athletic enough to do a bit of ruck chop-out work.
Higgins would need to give anyone who went him 95-odd to work out OK, did alright last night.
Good effort from Blues in actual footy terms, bad luck for Rance. Don't mind old Rancedog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Kelly out.

To keep and cover or to swap to another promo....
No preseason formline, costs you nothing to move him on, several others in the price bracket with solid preseasons and exposed form. Big fan, but flick him.

Last edited:
Cripps (C), Dusty, Setterfield, Walsh = 498/4.
Gibbons on bench.

Tonight could be make or break for round 1.
Grundy, Moore, Danger, Kelly, Constable, Clark. Need at least three 100's and one 90 to be a pass mark.

On that note ....Walsh was also disappointing scoring wise (DE) .....he'll also get better
In the wise words of Jon Bon Jovi

PreciousUnpleasantDolphin-size_restricted.gif

What did everyone think about the new boards ......damn if you're on the other side of the ground how TF you can see these

View attachment 639133
Terrible Idea, we play on the biggest field of any major ball sports, not everyone has 20/20 vision.

I fail to understand why the AFL is so keen to implement this many rule changes in one off season. IMO they should have only implemented the 6-6-6 & New kick-out rules this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back