No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was Rosich not the list manager when that is what the club said? Why was Bell a list manager too, when in fact he was appointed Footy Ops Manager. Not suit your narrative?

You blame who you want, but the list manager is ultimately responsible. The buck stops with him.
Seriously, so my POV is pushing a narrative but yours is hunky dorey?

A stand-in list manager who was 'appointed' before Bell got the gig from memory is not a proper list manager and clearly not the same thing. I'm not absolving Rosich of responsibility so I dont see what the problem is. During the trade period it was Bell who did all or most of the interviews of a list manager, he was the public face for the most part. He is as responsible as Rosich

Last edited:

* it, I'm prepared to cop some flak but I'm sick of society's trend towards completely absolving everyone of personal responsibility for whatever reason.

There is some responsibility on Jesse here. A mental health disorder does not absolve you of responsibility.

He was clearly told multiple times by Melbourne to buy in to their culture and he refused or couldnt.

We clearly went to him several times through the trade period and told him he will need to lay off the gear somewhat (remember us meeting with him for "due diligence" again after pulling out of the trade) and that we are willing to do what we can to help him.

Yes, his ability to make rational decision is impacted, but its not nullified and he has in some way chose to continue down this path after we brought him in. Its a pretty s**t move

I hope he turns it around, for his own sake.

**** it, I'm prepared to cop some flak but I'm sick of society's trend towards completely absolving everyone of personal responsibility for whatever reason.

There is some responsibility on Jesse here. A mental health disorder does not absolve you of responsibility.

He was clearly told multiple times by Melbourne to buy in to their culture and he refused or couldnt.

We clearly went to him several times through the trade period and told him he will need to lay off the gear somewhat (remember us meeting with him for "due diligence" again after pulling out of the trade) and that we are willing to do what we can to help him.

Yes, his ability to make rational decision is impacted, but its not nullified and he has in some way chose to continue down this path after we brought him in. Its a pretty s**t move

I hope he turns it around, for his own sake.

Good post. There is definitely responsibility on Hogan, and Bennell and Dardy McCrafty and Matera for eating too many freakin lollies. I’m a bit old school but all these pictures of players smoking durries at pubs and festivals it is really amateur hour for Freo at the moment.

Culture looks and smells like s*#t at the moment.

Like others I’ve now just about lost all interest in AFL season 2019. Thank goodness for NBA finals, World Cup Cricket, Ashes and World Basketball Championships.

Putting aside the JLT rubbish which I couldn’t care less this has been the worst PS I can remember - so many injuries. Peter Bell it is time to earn IMG_0323.JPG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There was plenty of smoke around Hogan's behaviour prior to the trade on BF alone. I don't believe for a second that the club didn't know there was risk in this space.

Couple that with the foot and someone has ****ed up. Either the recruiters, Belly or both.

No one has ****ed up. I actually think that the club has handled this incredibly well, they handled it instantly and were open and transparent its fans, the first i heard about it was through them which is the opposite of every other incident they have ever been involved in which is a step in the right direction for them. Bell's press conference was absolute class, he answered every question well and with respect to Jesse.

It is clear that Jesse has an issue with drinking/partying, it is something we have all known for a lot longer than he has been in purple.
Put this into context, he moved across the country as a 17 year old.. had to do some very fast growing up that maybe he wasn't ready for,
in the time he was away from his family and friends he had a bunch of injury frustrations that he maybe wasn't mature enough to handle, lost his Father to cancer without being there and was diagnosed with cancer himself. The club implied he has been self medicating with alcohol due to clinical anxiety which is very common, they have made it known to him that they will not allow him to do that and they are getting around him and supporting him through it. We expect that he will be at the club for another 10 years we can wait another few games while he and the club place his health first. Would prefer to see the issues handled now and see Jesse become a healthier happier human than to see news reports of him in the future getting arrested high on random peoples roof's or washing car windows in the city. I'm proud of the professionalism of the club in this situation and hope to see them carry on this professionalism in future circumstances.

Our issues as a club stems from
A - Alcock is not a presidents a-hole - its debateable if he is even a Freo supportter , whats he done for us , what has he put in place that has made us better ??

B - Steve Rosich - ol jelly belly - has become the runt kitten from the tiger that once axed Harvey and took us to the next level , he probably still hangs his hat on that aswell even though we fell short and have been falling since . His time is done , more cooked than Hogan Clause.

C - Lyon - how is a modern AFL player meant to respect a coach who has bigger boobs than their mums. We got no hope with this guy

No one has ****** up. I actually think that the club has handled this incredibly well, they handled it instantly and were open and transparent its fans, the first i heard about it was through them which is the opposite of every other incident they have ever been involved in which is a step in the right direction for them. Bell's press conference was absolute class, he answered every question well and with respect to Jesse.

It is clear that Jesse has an issue with drinking/partying, it is something we have all known for a lot longer than he has been in purple.
Put this into context, he moved across the country as a 17 year old.. had to do some very fast growing up that maybe he wasn't ready for,
in the time he was away from his family and friends he had a bunch of injury frustrations that he maybe wasn't mature enough to handle, lost his Father to cancer without being there and was diagnosed with cancer himself. The club implied he has been self medicating with alcohol due to clinical anxiety which is very common, they have made it known to him that they will not allow him to do that and they are getting around him and supporting him through it. We expect that he will be at the club for another 10 years we can wait another few games while he and the club place his health first. Would prefer to see the issues handled now and see Jesse become a healthier happier human than to see news reports of him in the future getting arrested high on random peoples roof's or washing car windows in the city. I'm proud of the professionalism of the club in this situation and hope to see them carry on this professionalism in future circumstances.
Drinking you say ???
👍👍

In other news. Mr Bennel is elated that everyone is not being mean to him this time 😂
some people are still trying to drag him into it incredibly.

Where is the footage of Bennell getting done for drugs? where is the match day testing (Murray for pies)
Bennell is constantly thrown under the bus for minor incidents and this just strengthens the case for him.
If he was doing something wrong drugwise it would be out by now and not stupid rumour and innuendo

No one has ****** up. I actually think that the club has handled this incredibly well, they handled it instantly and were open and transparent its fans, the first i heard about it was through them which is the opposite of every other incident they have ever been involved in which is a step in the right direction for them. Bell's press conference was absolute class, he answered every question well and with respect to Jesse.

Don't have a problem with the way this was handled. I have a problem with us trading pick 6 and paying 800k for Jesse with the navicular and known mental health issues.

In fact, I didn't want us to do for the foot alone, absolutely livid there was also this to contend with.

Moving to cockburn has cursed us. **** the cockburn dockers. **** mandurah ****** rockingham **** yangebup **** success. Tony Ale I still love you and woodmens point you are cool to. Bibra lake you are ok. But **** the rest.
Don’t think so. Freo was still going through this sort of crap while at Freo Oval. This is just extra baggage. The club as a whole has been through poor off seasons for years

Don’t think so. Freo was still going through this sort of crap while at Freo Oval. This is just extra baggage. The club as a whole has been through poor off seasons for years

I was trying to remember the last time freo have had an uneventful pre-season. I cant remember - maybe 2015?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to poach another clubs S&C staff. Or at the very least copy what the others are doing.

If this drug fueled brat culture continues...im out of here. Been Freo since day 1 and apart from a few brief moments its been fairly $hyte. I have a 3 year old son who is just starting to take an interest in the game but im worried he will never see a flag (if he becomes a docker fan) in his lifetime let alone mine. The season hasn't even started but im over it already. The rot is obvious.

This is an open forum and if I disagree with you then tough

ALSO ITS THE ****ING MELT THREAD.

Yes this is an open forum, but I think we've been pretty clear that this is not the place for rational debate, rather it's the place for irrational melts so that they can be contained in one area.

And definitely not picking on JMT, this a 2019 reminder to everyone that this thread is exists for folks to let their melts out and in general they do not expect to be challenged or need to defend it. Other posters have been thread banned from this one thread for that exact reason and it wouldn't be fair to them to allow others to do the same thing in here.

All the best to the melters for the year, god knows it feels like the mods will have a busy season. :drunk:

Don't have a problem with the way this was handled. I have a problem with us trading pick 6 and paying 800k for Jesse with the navicular and known mental health issues.

In fact, I didn't want us to do for the foot alone, absolutely livid there was also this to contend with.

I am in the same boat. The measure of his value was how hard Melbourne were going to fight to keep him.

But remember how upset they were when they thought he might not be going?

We have him now and I will cheer him on. But on a risk adjusted basis it was poor trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back