Fight at last nights Carlton vs Richmond game

Remove this Banner Ad

GlocksTickin

Senior List
Jan 28, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-22/disturbing-vision-of-wild-mcg-fight-between-fans-emerges

Fight-Shot-SC.jpg

A screen shot taken from the vision of the fight on Thursday night at the MCG
DISTURBING vision has emerged of a fight between fans at Thursday night's season opener at the MCG.
Just second after the final siren in Richmond's 33-point win over Carlton, a male wearing a Tigers jumper appears to throw a punch at another fan in the Great Southern Stand before a scuffle ensues.

Mitch Cleary

@cleary_mitch

https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch/status/1108836014678654976

This is the incident that took place on the final siren during last night's season opener at the MCG.
Details on @AFLcomau shortly.

5:01 AM - Mar 22, 2019

113 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

It is understood at least one other incident took place outside the Olympic Stand post-siren that required intervention.
Victoria Police provided a statement early on Friday morning in relation to the fight late in the match.
"A 19-year-old man was arrested following an alleged assault at a football match at the Melbourne Cricket Ground last night.
"It is alleged a fight broke out between a number of males inside the stadium just before 10.30pm.
"An Eltham man received an infringement notice in regards to riotous behavior $322.
"The victim's did not wish to proceed with further police action."
The AFL has been contacted for comment.
On Thursday night the Melbourne Cricket Club was also making its own inquiries.

Dickheads should be charged and banned. We dont need that at the footy (or anywhere).
Disgraceful. Punch could have killed him. Then he keeps going when the guys down on the cement with his head probably cracked open. Finding out the offender is only 19 doesn't surprise me. The small fine does. He thinks he can now go around doing exactly that and pay 322 bucks and walk away. What a great message to send. /s

Disgraceful. Punch could have killed him. Then he keeps going when the guys down on the cement with his head probably cracked open. Finding out the offender is only 19 doesn't surprise me. The small fine does. He thinks he can now go around doing exactly that and pay 322 bucks and walk away. What a great message to send. /s
Funny how I once got a fine for $343 which is more than that for picking up my mobile and checking who texted me while stationary at a traffic light.

I guess I'm deemed the bigger menace to society for that than this bloke. Victoria is a nanny state for a lot of things, but soft on violent crime and its incredibly frustrating.

Funny how I once got a fine for $343 which is more than that for picking up my mobile and checking who texted me while stationary at a traffic light.

I guess I'm deemed the bigger menace to society for that than this bloke. Victoria is a nanny state for a lot of things, but soft on violent crime and its incredibly frustrating.

Haha, I thought the same thing while watching. I was at the cricket and a beach ball EVERYONE was hitting around literally landed on top of me and I just punched it away like everyone else was doing, and security jumped on me and told me "do that again mate and you're out" I clarified with him "you mean knock the beach ball away from me?" and he was like "yep, I got my eyes on you". Where were the security here lol. Either a bunch of incompetent pricks or sitting back scared.

I've also rrecieved a similar fine for J walking, and ironically another 1 for crossing at the pedestrian lights while still red as I walked into the footy from west Lakes.

This bloke fully on film, is free to almost kill some one and just pure luck he hasn't, and no court dates or anything, just 322 bucks and on your way? What a joke.

Justice system at its best

Dickheads should be charged and banned. We dont need that at the footy (or anywhere).

AFL INTEGRITY UNIT should be banning the racists and violent thugs from grounds instead of going on a fruitless social media witch hunt trying to identify people with an opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a tough one. They're teens, fired up and drunk. I'm not condoning it nor should there be fights at the footy or anywhere but it does happen. There certainly should be a harsh penalty and the young lad did a lot of damage. Lucky no one was killed or seriously injured. Everyone makes mistakes, lucky this wasn't a fatal one.

Still, It's bloody appalling behaviour.

It's surprising how prevalent these kind of things have become in recent times. Is it because people have more access to film and report fights like these compared to ten, twenty years ago, or are there really people who decide to punch on at the footy?

Like pretty much everyone, I've been angry at the footy before, both at my team, the umpires, and irritating opposition supporters, and I just tend to either bite my lip (literally) or scrunch my scarf up. But full on knocking someone down and continuing to hit them on the concrete is not on

It's a tough one. They're teens, fired up and drunk. I'm not condoning it nor should there be fights at the footy or anywhere but it does happen. There certainly should be a harsh penalty and the young lad did a lot of damage. Lucky no one was killed or seriously injured. Everyone makes mistakes, lucky this wasn't a fatal one.

Still, It's bloody appalling behaviour.

No its not.

Haha, I thought the same thing while watching. I was at the cricket and a beach ball EVERYONE was hitting around literally landed on top of me and I just punched it away like everyone else was doing, and security jumped on me and told me "do that again mate and you're out" I clarified with him "you mean knock the beach ball away from me?" and he was like "yep, I got my eyes on you". Where were the security here lol. Either a bunch of incompetent pricks or sitting back scared.

I've also rrecieved a similar fine for J walking, and ironically another 1 for crossing at the pedestrian lights while still red as I walked into the footy from west Lakes.

This bloke fully on film, is free to almost kill some one and just pure luck he hasn't, and no court dates or anything, just 322 bucks and on your way? What a joke.
The Security at the cricket are *******s and on a power trip. I've heard of many getting kicked out for doing nothing wrong at all, like you did with the beach ball.

$300 fine for that? That guy should be banned from attending AFL ever again. I'm not sure I'd ever take my kids to the footy again if we were sitting near this incident. AFL need to make an example of this guy.

I know incidents like this happen a lot, but it makes me glad i dont follow any of the big clubs. This s**t seems to follow them around. Im not saying the club asks for this to happen, but the majority of these assaults seems to be surrounding the big clubs. Obviously more supporters, more potential trouble. Never seen anything like this at a Dees game. That's not to say it hasnt happened. Actually i remember the first Anzac Day game I went to and after the game was a massive fight outside the Ponsford with around 12 blokes. The cops couldnt get involved it was that bad. They just stood back until blokes got tired.

$300 fine for that? That guy should be banned from attending AFL ever again. I'm not sure I'd ever take my kids to the footy again if we were sitting near this incident. AFL need to make an example of this guy.

I know incidents like this happen a lot, but it makes me glad i dont follow any of the big clubs. This s**t seems to follow them around. Im not saying the club asks for this to happen, but the majority of these assaults seems to be surrounding the big clubs. Obviously more supporters, more potential trouble. Never seen anything like this at a Dees game. That's not to say it hasnt happened. Actually i remember the first Anzac Day game I went to and after the game was a massive fight outside the Ponsford with around 12 blokes. The cops couldnt get involved it was that bad. They just stood back until blokes got tired.

I seem to remember a game down in Geelong only last year...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back