Society/Culture Christchurch Mosque mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL, Muslim ban. You need to stop listening to idiots.
Nowhere in the law did it say "Muslim"?
He banned countries that supported terrorism or were classed as a threat to the US. Included in the seven countries were also North Korea and Venezuela. Last I checked both those countries arnt Muslim. And it isn't just Muslims who were banned from countries like Iran, it was anyone from Iran.
The ban leaves the vast amount of Muslims in the world from other countries still being allowed to travel to the US.
Now that this stupid left wing talking point has been destroyed, try and find another one.
SMFH.

Religion is modern day witchcraft. Just outlaw it. Then there'll be no trucks driving over people, Bali bombings or mosque shootings. Numpties, just like the fluffy pink unicorns in here.
Apart from the bolded I 100% agree, it will eventually die a natural death, institutionalized religion has been throughout history and still is an insidious plague on society.

For reference:
ter-we-isl-20170523.png

https://www.datagraver.com/case/people-killed-by-terrorism-per-year-in-western-europe-1970-2015
Is this graph skewed by the bombings carried out by the IRA?

Its absolute crazy that all these things happen over absolute bullshit written in a book. If there were civilizations on other planets and were watching our evolution on a 4k tv, they'd be pissing themselves

It's simplistic to blame it all on religion. Religion just gave them an excuse.

Is this graph skewed by the bombings carried out by the IRA?
Skewed? They were terrorist attacks, why should they be excluded?

Take the graph back a few more years and Jewish groups would have featured prominently.
Back to the early 50s especially, although much of that was in Palestine.

Apart from the bolded I 100% agree, it will eventually die a natural death, institutionalized religion has been throughout history and still is an insidious plague on society.

Humans seem to have an innate need for it. More religions like Scientology would spring up in the absence of traditional ones.

Humans seem to have an innate need for it. More religions like Scientology would spring up in the absence of traditional ones.
Interestingly I'm current'y reading about the cognitive revolution we as a species undertook ~70,000 years ago.
Without the ability to establish myth, humans would not have been able to sustain coordinated activities of populations above 150 people which actually enable homo sapiens to become the dominant humanoid species on the planet.

I should have chose my words better. How dumb of me to ask if the terror attacks by Westerners in Europe was done by the IRA.
What is the relevance?
I would expect that IRA and ETA would be two of the more prominent organisations engaging in terrorist activity during that period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be very afraid if I was a NZ citizen right now, guns snatched away, heavy censure of the internet, what next?

There is still plenty of opposition to the Patriot Act but since we have been so brainwashed by the media into the 'guns are evil' stance we have no problems with them being taken away.

Politicians prefer peasants without weapons
I feel as though this incident has been a catalyst to drive through some pretty durastic changes over the ditch and it does feel a bit overreached if not downright exploitive.

What is the relevance?
I would expect that IRA and ETA would be two of the more prominent organisations engaging in terrorist activity during that period.
What’s the relevance of your questions?
I was just wondering if he knew how many were carried by the IRA. An innocent question.

Skewed? They were terrorist attacks, why should they be excluded?
What the graph clearly shows is that since the end of the Irish conflict 20 years ago Islamic terrorism has exploded in Europe. Even then its still skewed as it doesn't include other major attacks targetting westerners such as 9:11, Bali or any of the other massacres in North Africa and the middle east.

Last edited:
What should be pissing off anyone on here that is right of Mussolini is the fact that they’re using this attack by a complete nutter to silence dissent. Jacinda ‘Horse Head’ Ardern is leading the charge in NZ and the left here in Australia are levelling false charges against anyone that is remotely conservative or centre right.
Bring it on I say because the truth should never be silenced. The day we stop debating important issues because it’s perceived as being too difficult or dangerous is the day humanity folds. The truth shall set you free has never been truer. Never quit and never surrender.

It's harder for religions to become massive nowadays, Christianity only got as big as they did because they won the lottery with Constantine and it snowballed for centuries. If Christianity and Islam decline then I don't see another religion possibly getting as big as those two. You'll see much smaller sects which will have far less harm done

It's harder for religions to become massive nowadays, Christianity only got as big as they did because they won the lottery with Constantine and it snowballed for centuries. If Christianity and Islam decline then I don't see another religion possibly getting as big as those two. You'll see much smaller sects which will have far less harm done
Islam has or nearly has taken over Catholicism as the biggest religion in the world. It’s getting bigger all of the time. While other religions are in decline, Islam is growing at an unprecedented scale.

What should be pissing off anyone on here that is right of Mussolini is the fact that they’re using this attack by a complete nutter to silence dissent.
Anyone to the right of Mussolini should be shut down. That reference is incorrect. Other wise your post is correct. The left is shamelessly exploiting this incident and the target isnt RWNJs its moderate centre right conservatives. Free speech under siege.

Last edited:
The Troubles were effectively a Western equivalent of what you see in the Middle East now. Not really comparable to Islamist (or anti-Islam) attacks in the west. Apples and orangemen.

Is anyone surprised that Islamic terrorism in Western Europe was a non-factor in the 1970s? Even if you assume no cultural or geo-political change in the last 40-50 years then pro-rata the number of attacks by any group is going to be considerably smaller when the group is considerably smaller.

You just need to look at immigration patterns since the 1970s. UK, Netherlands, France, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Denmark, Spain and Finland have all had incidents occur and with the exception of Italy (4-5%), Spain (2-4%) and Finland (<1%) all of these nations now have a Muslim population of 5-10% due mostly to high immigration from the Middle East and North/Sub-Saharan Africa over the period mentioned. It seems to be the magic number where and you have community tensions, far right political groups gaining traction in response etc. We have fringe senators like Anning somehow getting into parliament with 19 votes. This is what happened in the Netherlands: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...vd-party-wins-most-votes-netherlands-election

You can frame it any number of ways depending on your leaning but it keeps happening for one reason or another.

New Zealand is seen as being the warmer, more welcoming little brother of Australia and their response since the attack last Friday has justified this but the Muslim population of Sydney is about 5 times what it is in all of NZ. Any community tensions in NZ would be more like tensions in Adelaide or Hobart or something. Their PM's response to a tragedy has been first class, but she also wants to reduce immigration from an already pretty low level and the borders haven't exactly been thrown open to Syrian refugees for example. Being welcoming comes in different forms (see Japan). Make no mistake, NZ cares about NZ national interests first and foremost. Large scale immigration from the Middle East is not on their radar. And they aren't racist or Islammaphobic for that being the case.

Unfortunately we've created a society where the only people willing to talk about things like this are racist dickheads like Fraser Anning who both cannot articulate a point and think the best way to do it is to blame the victims of a shooting on the day the day of the shooting for the shooter wanting to shoot them.

New Zealand have very loose gun laws compared to Australia.
and time it should change.. these things don't need to be happy to be new zealand.. but they need to be dynamic and like Jacinta says..
it should be under no apprehension that kiwis need to absolutely be stuck under a new revolution..

the revolution is underway... hallelougu or something like that.. we all support NZ

Anyone to the right of Mussolini should be shut down. That reference is incorrect. Other wise your post is correct. The left is shamelessly exploiting this incident and the target isnt RWNJs is moderate centre right conservatives. Free speech under siege.
I should have said Stalin.

Census Data:

Islam in Australia:
1.7% (2006) - 2.2% (2011) - 2.6% (2016)

Islam in New Zealand:
0.7% (2001) - 1.0% (2006) - 1.2% (2013)

Census Data:

Islam in Australia:
1.7% (2006) - 2.2% (2011) - 2.6% (2016)

Islam in New Zealand:
0.7% (2001) - 1.0% (2006) - 1.2% (2013)

2/3 of the Muslim population is in the Middle East and Africa, with a majority of the rest coming from South and South East Asia. Their presence in the most developed countries is negligible. That's why the drumming up of the Islamic immigration threat is nothing but bullshit. Yes Islam is horrible but they are an insignificant minority in countries like Australia, and like most religions, mostly prey on the developing countries in turmoil. The whole outcry about them enacting Sharia Law in Australia is just hilarious

That kind of fearmongering of the Islamic migrants mostly come from Christians and the Christian populated conservative governments. The bottom line is that religions cannot coexist with each other

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back