Game Day Round 1 Preview : West Coast Premiers v Brisbane Participation Medallists Sat Mar 23, 5.20pm(WST) @ the Gabba

Predict the Final Margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Really excited for the commentators barracking for the lions. Let me guess Brown and Derpwayne with his 100 mentions of Gaff being suspended and Darling can drop easy marks. Really pumped for that.

Slightly bummed about Rioli being out a lot of onus of the guys coming in to provide forward line pressure. Interested to see what kind of roles waterman and brander play

The people getting peeved about Brander playing wing should remember the new rules.In the JLT we regularly saw the fullbacks play on and bomb to the middle of the ground.Brander has very very good hands. i think it would be handy to have him sitting under a high ball rather than a Gaff or Masten.I saw him play for EP in the wet and he was very solid on the slippery ground ball.Gunna be a Gun!!

Watching game last night, the 6-6-6 is certainly more free-flowing.
We should do okay!
Carlton looked good for a while there, some basic skill errors when pressured.
Dusty got rag-dolled by someone? Great tackle.
See how Tiggers cope without Rance?

Even with our outs we should still get over this mob in the end. It'll be close though (a couple of goals).

Our midfield is better, our backline is better.

In saying all that, I sure am grateful that these outs are against Brisbane and (hopefully) not against GWS next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing Lecca, JK and Cripps outof our Premiership forward line and I am still optimistic. Oscar has been great over the summer and will partner Jack well. Add in some time with VArdy resting forward, Waterman playing the Lecca role (he did a pretty good job in the first half of season 2018) and Petruccelle playing the pressure forward role and it feels OK.

In so far as Brander, I am sensing early years a role as 3rd tall defender and wingman and see Nick Reiwoldt attributes that would work with him.

In terms of talls, Brisbane have a pretty tall group of players so not unhappy all Brander, OAllen and Waterman playing.

In terms of rucks, Martin is not as good a tap ruckman but delivers more around the ground. I see us getting more than our share of clearances.

Watching game last night, the 6-6-6 is certainly more free-flowing.
We should do okay!
Carlton looked good for a while there, some basic skill errors when pressured.
Dusty got rag-dolled by someone? Great tackle.
See how Tiggers cope without Rance?

Yep, the game was open and quick, lots of space to move into. Makes for a far better spectacle. Hats off to the governing body on this occasion.

Even with our forward line missing first choice players I think our supply will give them plenty to get their hands on.

I think there’s a fair chance Brander starts wing and rolls back when the ball is bounced.

Richmond did it a bit last night - instead of running someone off the back of the square, they’d run someone off the veeeeery top of the 50, and the wing would roll back onto that man straight away.

Leaves the opposition wing unmanned for a bit, but let’s you have that guy running through that Richmond, Collingwood and us all seem to prioritise.

GAME DAY BITCHES!!!!! :westcoast:

Welcome to 2019, get your dicks out! :moustache: :beercheers:

tenor.gif

Back