Current Mosque Mass Shootings - Christchurch New Zealand

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian right-wing extremist Nathan Sykes' violent threats to Melbourne journalist ignored by NSW Police

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...find-not-enough-evidence-20190320-p515xl.html

Extracts»
Mr Fergus said ASIO has been effectively monitoring far right groups for decades and, in partnership with police, had prevented several attacks and charged several white supremacists

A senior federal security agency source said ASIO was doing enough to counter right-wing extremists, but there was a lack of co-ordination between state police forces who sometimes treated extremist activity as non-urgent “suburban crime matters”.

In a self-published novel written in 2012, Mr Sykes wrote: "If I didn't have trolling, I'm sure I'd be crouched on a rooftop with a sniper's rifle popping rounds into the ant-like, sheepish f#@kers on the street below".

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
Just in»
Sykes has now been arrested.

https://amp.theage.com.au/politics/...-alleged-violent-threats-20190321-p51671.html

NSW police have swooped on one of Australia's most prominent far-right extremists, arresting him at his Sydney home at 5.40am on Friday over allegations he made repeated and explicit violent threats to a Melbourne journalist and lawyer.

Nathan Sykes, a prolific online troll and a lieutenant of Australia’s most prominent white supremacist Jim Saleam, has been charged with at least eight offences, including using a carriage service to menace, and threats to harm.

Just in»
Sykes has now been arrested.

https://amp.theage.com.au/politics/...-alleged-violent-threats-20190321-p51671.html

NSW police have swooped on one of Australia's most prominent far-right extremists, arresting him at his Sydney home at 5.40am on Friday over allegations he made repeated and explicit violent threats to a Melbourne journalist and lawyer.

Nathan Sykes, a prolific online troll and a lieutenant of Australia’s most prominent white supremacist Jim Saleam, has been charged with at least eight offences, including using a carriage service to menace, and threats to harm.

Absolutely ridiculous that they didn’t arrest him at the time, they had him on tape making threats.

Absolutely ridiculous that they didn’t arrest him at the time, they had him on tape making threats.
Agreed. There's a history of dropping the ball.

They also had Combat 18 on the radar for over a decade now, and still no arrests over attacks in Perth since the shooting at Suleymaniye Mosque in Queens Park resulted in convictions in 2010, and convictions for racist graffiti in 2014.

Yet there's been a continuing campaign of attacks. When will the perpetrators be arrested?

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...ttacks-in-was-south-east-20160629-gpumu8.html

An old documentary about Combat 18 showing it's origins and propensity for intimidation and violence.

Former member of Neo Nazi group Combat 18 gives in depth insight into the world of far right extremism on Good Morning Britain in 2017

Front page of tomorrow’s Weekend Australian newspaper.

1f9222376848464afef694c1d0c17742.jpg

https://nyti.ms/2To7Wus
America Deserves a Leader as Good as Jacinda Ardern

New Zealand’s prime minister moved swiftly to ban weapons of mass killing after a gunman attacked two mosques.

By The Editorial Board

The editorial board represents the opinions of the board, its editor and the publisher. It is separate from the newsroom and the Op-Ed section.

March 21, 2019

The murder of 50 Muslim worshipers in New Zealand, allegedly by a 28-year-old Australian white supremacist, will be long scrutinized for the way violent hatreds are spawned and staged on social media and the internet. But now the world should learn from the way Jacinda Ardern, New Zealand’s prime minister, has responded to the horror.

Almost immediately after last Friday’s killings, Ms. Ardern listened to her constituents’ outrage and declared that within days her government would introduce new controls on the military-style weapons that the Christchurch shooter and many of the mass killers in the United States have used on their rampages. And she delivered.

On Thursday, Ms. Ardern announced a ban on all military-style semiautomatic and automatic weapons, parts that can be used to turn other rifles into such weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines. “It’s about all of us,” she said, “it’s in the national interest and it’s about safety.”

Earlier in the week, she told Parliamentthat social media sites must address the ease with which the internet can be used to spew hate and images of violence. “We cannot simply sit back and accept that these platforms just exist and that what is said on them is not the responsibility of the place where they are published,” she said. “It cannot be a case of all profit, no responsibility.”

Ms. Ardern didn’t propose immediate measures to limit the reach of Facebook, Twitter and other internet publishers, and it’s not obvious what could be done without trampling freedom of speech. But she made clear that she believed that those social media platforms, like gun manufacturers and dealers, bore some responsibility for the carnage visited on Christchurch and so many communities in recent years.

The new gun proposal will require considerable fine-tuning and defining before it becomes law. New Zealand’s existing laws are relatively lenient, and a large percentage of the estimated 1.2 million to 1.5 million firearms owned by about 250,000 people are not registered. It is not known how many of these will become illegal under the new laws.

But the display of what one deranged man can do with weapons designed for combatseemed to persuade a majority of New Zealanders, and a strong majority in Parliament, of the need to ban rapid-firing weapons.

That attitude stood in stark contrast to the way the National Rifle Association and its political allies in the United States have resisted any restrictions on weapons like the AR-15, the semiautomatic rifle used in several mass killings.

In New Zealand, it took one mass shooting to awaken the government. In the United States, even a string of mass killings — 26 dead in a school in Newtown, Conn.; 49 in a nightclub in Orlando; 58 at a concert in Las Vegas; 17 in a school in Parkland, Fla. — has not been enough. Nor has the fact that 73 percent of Americans say that more needs to be done to curb gun violence, according to recent polling.

The ban on terrorists’ weapon of choicewas only one of the areas in which Ms. Ardern showed what leadership looks like in time of crisis. In lieu of trite messages, she donned a black head scarf and led a group of politicians to visit victims’ families; speaking without a script to a school some of the victims attended, she urged the pupils to “let New Zealand be a place where there is no tolerance for racism. Ever.” She told grieving families,“We cannot know your grief, but we can walk with you at every stage.”

And in a striking gesture, she refused to utter the name of the suspected killer. “He may have sought notoriety, but we in New Zealand will give him nothing,” she said. “Not even his name.”

After this and any such atrocity, the world’s leaders should unite in clearly condemning racism, sharing in the grief of the victims and stripping the haters of their weapons. Ms. Ardern has shown the way.

Opinion | The Editorial Board

A version of this article appears in print on March 22, 2019, on Page A22 of the New York edition with the headline: When Government Works.

2019 The New York Times

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2019/3/22/four-corners-looks-at-the-christchurch-massacre

FOUR CORNERS looks at the Christchurch massacre

Four Corners
Source: ABC

“Grafton is a monochrome, traditional, beautiful little country town. We now have… the distinction of having given the world a gentleman who's turned out to be Australia's worst mass murderer.” Grafton resident.

The terror attack in the New Zealand city of Christchurch appalled the world. The indiscriminate shooting of 50 Muslim worshippers during Friday prayers was calculated to spread fear and a message of right-wing terror.

“My feeling is that he chose New Zealand because it was a soft target in terms of security and perhaps, he chose it to illustrate that even a relatively tolerant quiet society on the very edge of the world was not immune to terrorism.” Far-right extremism researcher.

On Monday, Four Corners investigates how the Australian born accused killer was able to operate under the radar.

“They go to these forums where they can talk about this stuff safely. No-one knows who they are… They can talk about that far right violent extremism there, where they can talk about hating and, and killing.” Former right-wing extremist.

The plot was intricately planned, harnessing the tools and the power of the internet, to amplify the terror to a global audience.

“He's made it clear by his own recording that he was driven by hatred of Muslims and by racist ideas, and he identifies as a white supremacist, although he may not be able to spell those words, but they're the kind of cultural values that he's tied himself.” Grafton resident.

The attack brought to light the violent and disturbing right-wing extremist movement that is flourishing on the internet and finding a home in both New Zealand and Australia.

“I guess people don't realise, there's all these far-right groups out there.” Former right-wing extremist.

The program investigates whether authorities have been so focused on Islamic extremism that they’ve failed to grasp another deadly threat, the rise of far-right white supremacists.

“I'm aware that intelligence agencies have been monitoring these groups, but my concern is that what they've done is that they've tended to focus on Islamic terrorism at the expense of really paying enough attention to the extreme right.” Extremist researcher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.theguardian.com/society...rimes-soar-in-uk-after-christchurch-shootings

Anti-Muslim hate crimes soar in UK after Christchurch shootings

Exclusive: rise in number of incidents related to NZ attacks alarms community groups

Vikram Dodd Police and crime correspondent

Fri 22 Mar 2019 02.05 AEDT

The number of anti-Muslim hate crimes reported across Britain increased by 593% in the week after a white supremacist killed worshippers at two New Zealand mosques, an independent monitoring group has said.

This is an interesting article as the comments that were posted on 8 chan (linked on bf) cheering him on as he live streamed, rejoicing in the increasing body count as it occurred with some calculating how many future Muslims would now not be born was one of the more appalling and disturbing aspects of this shooting.

Following the deadliest terror attack in New Zealand’s history, a flood of articles have been devoted to “understanding” the accused shooter, XX, decoding his manifesto, and finding reason in his actions. Yet such assessments overlook a deeper, more chilling reality: T's alleged attack was never so much about the violence itself as it was about entertaining his online community of fellow “trolls” with the spectacle of death.

The article doesn't go into this but now many of those that associate with 8 chan are now saying the shooting was faked! This is spreading on twitter accounts and some blogs, I haven;t been back to look on 8 chan. They couldn't see blood. They don't think the vision was real and "actors" faked the deaths. Many are convincing themselves and others and they are following like little sheep.

I'm gobsmacked. It seem to be a kind of coping mechanism for those that supported and cheered on this atrocity and setting a dangerous precedent as they won't condemn what happened because they don't think it was real!

It may follow on from the point of the article "that terrorism has crossed into live performance" but people want to believe it was real and say it was just a performance.

Watch out if you ever travel to NZ and you have forgotten to delete your Manifesto copy from your digital device.

https://www.news.com.au/world/pacif...d/news-story/cdb3aad68c58f79400b328b436ee4ef9

A manifesto reportedly written by the alleged Christchurch gunman has been officially classified as objectionable — with those who have copies told to destroy them — the Office of Film & Literature Classification has confirmed. Chief censor David Shanks confirmed the move on Saturday to the New Zealand Herald, urging anyone who had copies of it to destroy them. It is now an offence, with Shanks describing the document as “a crude booklet that promotes murder and terrorism”.

It is an offence to possess or distribute an objectionable publication. The office said people who have downloaded this document, or printed it, should destroy any copies; including the media. “That use of excerpts in media reports may not in itself amount to a breach of the FVPCA, but ethical considerations will certainly apply,” Shanks said.

“We also appreciate that there will be a range of people, including reporters, researchers and academics, who will be in possession of the publication for a range of legitimate purposes, including education, analysis and in-depth reporting. Those individuals can apply for exemptions, so they can legitimately access and hold a copy.”

Sort of ties in with my earlier post on here
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...hristchurch-new-zealand.1213681/post-59879116
with the link
https://balkaninsight.com/2017/11/0...ht-wingers-plot-kosovo-resistance-11-02-2017/

to which I'll provide you with the wayback link
https://web.archive.org/web/2019031...cebook.com/Dejan.Damnjanovic.yt.video.channel
which has the shortlived "Suicide Commando" pic which was only up for about 10 minutes before being replaced.

Then go to the current link for that FB page and you will see the Brendon Breivick Tarrant name replaced with
Дејан Дамњановић
which google translate tells me is Serbian for
Dejan Damnjanović

Sort of ties in with my earlier post on here
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...hristchurch-new-zealand.1213681/post-59879116
with the link
https://balkaninsight.com/2017/11/0...ht-wingers-plot-kosovo-resistance-11-02-2017/

to which I'll provide you with the wayback link
https://web.archive.org/web/2019031...cebook.com/Dejan.Damnjanovic.yt.video.channel
which has the shortlived "Suicide Commando" pic which was only up for about 10 minutes before being replaced.

Then go to the current link for that FB page and you will see the Brendon Breivick Tarrant name replaced with
which google translate tells me is Serbian for .
A few more clues.
8b9a3be31fa2ef0990ee21377bf579f4.jpg
ecf0bd162d571cef7b0c7b33fc954e7c.jpg

A few more clues.
8b9a3be31fa2ef0990ee21377bf579f4.jpg
ecf0bd162d571cef7b0c7b33fc954e7c.jpg

Makes one wonder if there was a cell that knew what was going to happen, or even organised it?
https://www.justsecurity.org/63318/...-disclosures-about-the-christchurch-shooting/
Extracts»

Facebook’s disclosures demonstrate powerfully the cross-platform complexity of how violence spreads online. Facebook’s report reaffirms earlier indications that approximately 200 people watched the attack in real time and none reported it, and suggests that the audience of 200 wasn’t assembled using Facebook itself given the absence of any discussion of that initial step. That, in turn, prompts the question of how that audience was assembled, and suggests the possibility that it might have amassed through a closed chat group on an end-to-end encrypted application like Signal, Telegram, or WhatsApp

Accentuating that point even further is the astonishing pace at which copies of the video were uploaded, leading some experts to speculate that the video’s rapid amplification was, in part, the product of a more deliberate, coordinated campaign. If that proves true, it would show a more tightly linked global community supporting white nationalist terrorism than has been seen before, adding to the increasingly international nature of what has long been called “domestic terrorism.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back