Roast Melbourne Roast thread: Watch it burn, watch it ember. From now till September. Bonfire is lit

Remove this Banner Ad

Please remember to use red text & size 26 font.
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED YOU SICK SOB!!!!!!!

Oh and what else, hmmmm? AH loads and loads of F-Bombs! Here ya go folks. A bit of vintage 2018 melt material

* * * * * * * *!

Did I cover everything or did I miss some details?

Eh, probably the heat-affected me talking

Night Night folks. Keep the flames a-burning. Bonfire is out the back. Will be ignited when the weather cools down
Bueno Nochos Andiamo chicos y chicas.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think that the picks 2 an 3 that we took after McCartin weren't as a big a win as we thought

Is this an amnesty thread? Or can we respond?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure OMac is a great bloke but fmd the guy is going to play 100+ games in a finals side when he would not have looked out of place one bit in the 2007-2014 era. Unless Hibberd and Jetta are having great games him and Frost get exposed so badly, I said it in the GDT but seriously it is amazing we made a prelim with those two as our two key defenders.

That was a bloody poor effort today. I’m pretty deflated. Worst part about it for me was how badly all of our best players played. Gawn, Jones, Jetta, Brayshaw were shite. Viney, Oliver, TMac pretty anonymous.

s**t all round really and not looking anything like a top 4 side.

Only round one of course, but * they just looked like a bottom 6 side.

I will be surprised if we’re anything other than 0-4 in a few weeks time.
Based on yesterday, yep.

That being said, this list is constantly 'responding' so maybe that will happen.

Only with fit players though. My prediction is that Jones and Viney will be out for a month or so.

If we want to a genuine contender we really cant start 0-4, hopefully next week we respond

I'm sure OMac is a great bloke but fmd the guy is going to play 100+ games in a finals side when he would not have looked out of place one bit in the 2007-2014 era. Unless Hibberd and Jetta are having great games him and Frost get exposed so badly, I said it in the GDT but seriously it is amazing we made a prelim with those two as our two key defenders.

He had some bad games but I also thought OMac was solid for a lot of last season. He's not Lake or Jakovich and never will be, but he's generally reasonable down back and fairly tidy with his ball use. I've certainly seen worse storming around the competition. The bestest defender in the competition Rance gets more than a few kicked on him as well.

Frost is off in his own universe of boobery. Hopefully that performance yesterday was a bit of backsliding - if he puts on that display a few more times he should be banished to the VFL even if we have to use Spargo as a key back.

Thinking on the result yesterday, it seems fairly apparent that the pace of the game was a serious issue for our players. Not just the foot speed, but the applied and inferred pressure that led to a lot of our shoddy disposal as well. Reminds me a touch of back 8 or 10 years ago when McLean, Moloney, Sylvia, etc would pick up the ball and jog in a straight line for 10 metres not expecting to get touched because that's how we trained, and shock horror we get pinged for holding the ball a lot of just pump it long to no one because we lack composure.

If we're roasting anyone, it should be Goodwin. It was a shoddy team performance. They should've gone on a camp.

Based on yesterday, yep.

That being said, this list is constantly 'responding' so maybe that will happen.

Only with fit players though. My prediction is that Jones and Viney will be out for a month or so.
Mate, the only thing this team responds with is another ******* epic letdown

Only 3 of the last 49 teams who have been 0-2 have played finals.. So yeah next week is pretty crucial
So, one team every two years.
Edit. I am wrong

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back