Round 1 Vs Sydney GAMEDAY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I have always wondered why no one has tried this. If you miss a target and the opposition like McGovern, Rance, Scicly etc mark it, the ball goes straight back through the middle- look at how Sheed got it after McGoverns intercept.

With a ball bouncing unevenly, a good player will pick the angle of the bounce and get there momentarily before an average player. Would always back Bont against almost anyone in that situation. Have no idea why it hasn't been tried.

IIRC it has been tried by Eade in the 09 prelim. No tall fwd targets just Aker and Johnno really so a lot of 'chaos ball'. Nearly won.

English will come of age this match. You heard it first here.

Would prefer he waited until after the game to get laid tbh. Still will make interesting viewing.

English will be out of puff half way through the second quarter

That'd be a decent effort - most fellas are done well before 45 minutes

It’s here! I can’t believe it’s finally here!

God, what a day! Roof will be closed, no doubt about that. A roast beef roll, a few beers and Dogs by 25. Can’t wait!

My only dampener is seeing the game last night. Collingwood and Geelong both have an embarrassment of riches in terms of personnel. And they’re not the only ones! As much as I love our lads, right now it seems like an impossible task to compete.

Looking at our forwards, I'm excited for the first time that we have some scoring options: Schache, Naughton, Dickson, Gowers, Llyod...and THE BONT!

Can this trouble a few teams this season?... Oh YES.

God, what a day! Roof will be closed, no doubt about that. A roast beef roll, a few beers and Dogs by 25. Can’t wait!

My only dampener is seeing the game last night. Collingwood and Geelong both have an embarrassment of riches in terms of personnel. And they’re not the only ones! As much as I love our lads, right now it seems like an impossible task to compete.

Don't forget, in 2016 we were competing against strong Sydney, Geelong and GWS sides, as well as the Hawks. Lets not forget Adelaide too.

Our midfield is still pretty much in tact from that day (Macrae, Libba, Bont, Daniel, JJ). Our Younger guys like Dunkley and Maclean can only be better than they were. We won the GF with what could be considered on paper as one of the weakest or at least inexperienced goal to goal lines in history. We also have a great coach.

In short, not all doom and gloom. The Collingwoods of this world are always have the hype because they are the bigger club. I'd take Libba, Macrae and Bont ahead of many of their guys.

In Bev we trust.

I think that the "embarrassment of riches" can be put down simply to good recruiting and player development. Both of these teams have had few bites of the top ten draft picks for a long period of time and yet have built impressive lists. Collingwood have added a few A graders in Adams, Treloar and possibly Howe and Geelong have really only added Dangerfield. The rest has been built on identifying the right players and putting 1st class development programs behind them which also reflects the resources that each has at their disposal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roberts get a bad wrap for his performance against adelaide in the first final of 2015. I thought he actually played a strong game on Walker except for the last play. Walker was in hot form and could have torn us to shreds.

Our whole team defence was awesome those two years.

Woke up early and was too excited to get back to sleep. Will spend my whole day just trying to keep busy and dwell on the game too much. New seats to find tonight, promised my 14 year old I will be zen and calm this year. Should last about 5 minutes with that!
I honestly have no idea how we are going to go this year, would like to think lower half of the eight. Wouldn’t be surprised by 13th again. Hope it’s a good crowd tonight, a good start will help with membership numbers.

I’m excited, of course I’m excited! But I’ve woken with an unrelenting fear. A deep, nagging worry. This must be how Matt Dougie feels every day.

After all my pre-season optimism, I’ve gone to pieces on gameday.
I’m just terrified we’ll get steamrolled!
The great man will provide all the negativity with his usual, rehearsed, unreadable, predictable, drivel. Try having some faith in the club and the coaches that delivered the ultimate prize. They will be fine.

This is a misprint right, instead of 45 minutes you meant 4 to 5 minutes unless of course you start the stop watch
fairly early before the mandatory foreplay period.
Lalalalalalala...

The great man will provide all the negativity with his usual, rehearsed, unreadable, predictable, drivel. Try having some faith in the club and the coaches that delivered the ultimate prize. They will be fine.
Seems to be in love with Hawthorn not sure why he doesn't just support them instead...or maybe he does..:eek:

I’m excited, of course I’m excited! But I’ve woken with an unrelenting fear. A deep, nagging worry. This must be how Matt Dougie feels every day.

After all my pre-season optimism, I’ve gone to pieces on gameday.
I’m just terrified we’ll get steamrolled!

This is where the Praying Mantis comes in to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back