Online Courses

Remove this Banner Ad

After opinions from anyone thats done nationally recognized certs, dips or even higher thru an online company
eg opencolleges, nationalcolleges etc
I did tafe online plus one trip a week to the local now shut campus and it was ok, but we are wondering about peoples experiences from 100% online

and what the * happened to price!
Did a dip at tafe in 2012 and i swear it was under 2 grand
looked at an IT cert 3 course and it was 3300

So I'm studying a Grad Dip online, current price is 4k per unit. A unit runs for 6 weeks and this course has 10 units in total.
Fortunately, you can add it to your HELP debt where it slowly comes from your pay, as I wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise.

It's 100% online.

PROS:
Self paced ( but still have due dates for assessment)
1 unit at a time means you only need to focus on one unit of content
Everything is recorded meaning I can watch/work at 3am on Tuesday morning if that's what suits my timetable
You don't have to leave your house, and can work from anywhere really
It allows me to work full time

CONS:
It's not cheap
There's not as much support as live class
There's not as much student support/interaction from other classmates
It's quite intense and fast tracked

Happy to go into more,

Started what was to be a Master of Commerce about seven years ago, got two units in and basically deferred and deferred and deferred until open university stopped calling me.

If I'm 100% honest I can't remember much of the details but it was a massive step up from an undergraduate degree, as it should be. It was self-paced to a degree but there was still group assignments etc so you still had to keep pace with the unit and the other classmates. Doing it all from home was fantastic, and if you're a self-motivated and driven sort of person you're really going to find that part of the experience a real breeze.

There's a part of me who would like to go back and get at least the Graduate Certificate, the other part of me wonders what would be the point in that. But don't let that discourage you or anyone else of course.

I did my:
Certificate III & IV in Fitness
Certificate IV in Weight Management
Diploma of Nutrition

All online; can't say too much negative. They were self paced and since I had already been in the field for about 5 years I was able to smash them out in a very short time-frame. Would've taken a lot longer face to face!

Currently doing a Grad Dip through Deakin, very slowly (one unit a study period).
I might have to withdraw from even that this time though (have to decide before Friday). Too much going on with work, illness and other. I'm already so far behind it will be impossible to catch up, and I could be without internet for three weeks soon while moving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back