Autopsy Collingwood v Geelong, Rd 1 2019: Disappointing loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

What a Shocking Game was that. We did not play well enough to win.

Missing all those Kickable Shots in 1 half in then end Cost us the Game even IF we kicked better in 2nd Half. Should of had a Big Lead IF we Kicked Straight.

Great to see Moore and Elliot Back and Playing well.

Crisp had a Shocker got the Ball but used it Terribly.

Stephenson did Stuff All. Hope noy start of 2nd year blues.

Thomas did nothing.

De Goey Kicked 2 Goals but not a lot aftrt that. Could tell it was his 1st Game of the Year

Descion Making was Horrendous.

Need to play bettrr or we lose next 2 games at least

Not the end of the world. Skills were poor, as expected for round 1, and Geelong defend deep which requires you to play a skilful game to win. We also lacked fluency and connection so we failed to move the ball on transition at all. Both of these are pretty round 1 problems that you'd expect to improve.

Chris Scott out coached Bucks Again.

We not a Skilfull team so let us make mistakes and they get the ball back on Rebound

we are an absolute garbage football club. Only made the gf last year because of a piss easy draw. Back in the bottom 8 this year where we ******* belong

Shocking post. It’s one game. We will be a good side again. Clearly a few blokes were underdone and we were very rusty skill wise.

With Moore fit and healthy and Elliott kicking goals I think we will be top 4. People need to cool
There jets.

I think we can knock off the tigers ne t week and all of a sudden we will get posters saying how amazing we are.

Shocking post. It’s one game. We will be a good side again. Clearly a few blokes were underdone and we were very rusty skill wise.

With Moore fit and healthy and Elliott kicking goals I think we will be top 4. People need to cool
There jets.

I think we can knock off the tigers ne t week and all of a sudden we will get posters saying how amazing we are.
We will need some serious improvement next week too beat Richmond.

There jets.

And Geelong were playing like they were match hardened? Absolutely not. Evens the ledger there. Add 4 debutants.

Makes the result really quite bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a rank game all round, Moore and Elliot the only highlights for me

Leave Stevo up forward, he was useless playing up the ground., Mayne, still not sure about this bloke, cant kick more than 30 metres which can hurt you sometimes but deserves another chance

Its been said in here but we really miss some mongrel on the ball, we missed Adams in that regard and I def would of picked Levi for this game, Callum not ready at this stage

It was kicking at goal that does your head in, Pendles miss from 30 virtually straight in front and then Grundy's shot form 25 out on a slight angle leaves you scratching your head and wondering how guys that get paid prob close to a million dollars a year kick a football about as well as I do after 3 bottles of wine, Phillips another slaughterman of the football, if it wasn't so painful it would comical to watch

Treloar, i really like this guy but clanger king, hopefully that will be his worst game of the season, I thought sometimes Beamsy got the ball in congestion and his best option would of been to handball to outside runners but for some reason he opted to kck the ball under pressure and turned it over with a nothing kick, there was at least a couple of times i remember thinking that

Our guns like Sidey and Brodes, just ineffectual, just like the GF, not giving up on these guys cos i really rate them but they need to lift and I am sure they will

Agree Howe was underdone and made some terrible decisions

De goey was rusty, less said about that handball to JT the better, he will come good though, better for the run as they say

You could go on but as a team effort, frikken shyte mate, tough 2 games ahead which if we bring that game it will be like something out of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and obviously we wont be the ones holding the chainsaw

Too early to write the team off obviously, will need a massive improvement next week though if we are to win

Thats my early morning hangover rant over

cheers

The amount of times Pendlebury has missed a goal from 30 metres out on a slight angle in important moments is staggering
to right. Think I heard a stat that hes only kicked about 60 career goals from his close to 300 games. For an "elite" midfielder thats a very low ratio.

I'm never comfortable when we go into a game as red hot favourites. I know the players should ignore that s**t, but it must get into their heads.

I can't add much more to what's been said above, but the accumulation of basic errors, turnovers, stupid shots on goal, players out of and not getting to position, running out of puff in the last quarter, and a lack of onfield leadership when it counted the most resulted in a loss by a kick or so.

Yet the sky is not falling and I expect us to bring a different mind set and hopefully a more realistic attitude to our capabilities when we run out against Richmond next week. We have to work harder and smarter to win games. I think we are a better side than Geelong, but they made us play their game and they played to their strengths.

We sorely missed Taylor Adams and WHE. The former gives us the midfield hardness and grunt we missed last night, while the latter provides a reliable target with beautiful hands who can actually kick a goal from a set shot. Would love to have had him there against the Cats.

Grundy played well, but what's with this 'best player in the comp' s**t? he's a very good tap ruckman who can link up, ordinary contested mark, ordinary kick, decent skills overall though, but best player in the comp? ******* PMSL.
Pass Me Some Lager?

I'm never comfortable when we go into a game as red hot favourites. I know the players should ignore that s**t, but it must get into their heads.

I can't add much more to what's been said above, but the accumulation of basic errors, turnovers, stupid shots on goal, players out of and not getting to position, running out of puff in the last quarter, and a lack of onfield leadership when it counted the most resulted in a loss by a kick or so.

Yet the sky is not falling and I expect us to bring a different mind set and hopefully a more realistic attitude to our capabilities when we run out against Richmond next week. We have to work harder and smarter to win games. I think we are a better side than Geelong, but they made us play their game and they played to their strengths.

We sorely missed Taylor Adams and WHE. The former gives us the midfield hardness and grunt we missed last night, while the latter provides a reliable target with beautiful hands who can actually kick a goal from a set shot. Would love to have had him there against the Cats.

Very good summation VP.

The one point I'll make is that we had the cattle to win last night. I agree the the hyphen and Adams will be huge ins, but their absence is not why we lost.

The team had a bit of a shocker. :) We let the game slip out of our hands because of our woeful kicking and decision making.

I hope we can regroup and focus properly on the task at hand against the Tigers else it will make for some cringeworthy viewing.

I thought Mayne can hold his head up high. He’s no superstar, but he put in 100% and played to the best of his ability.
I agree. other than the silly kick OOB he did well. He always puts in 100%.

Despite the amount of possessions Treloar (34), Crisp (26) and Phillips (24) had, I was extremely dissapointed in them. Treloar, on nearly every occasion disposed of the ball without looking (often just dropping it on his boot or handballing blindly over his head) leading to turnovers. Crisp could not his the side of the barn and Phillips went back to his 2016-17 seasons when he panicked every time he got the ball (the classic "head in the lights rabbit") and turned the ball over.

Last night was reminiscent of the Pies 2015-2017. I am disappointed we let a great opportunity to beat the Cats slip.

How about you F**k Off to your own Board F**kwit.

Where are the Mods?
Dave, they missed shots on goal just as badly as we did, also Baird is a Collingwood supporter (he may have lost a bet last year).

The other thing with Adams is his leadership and voice. I think he was really missed last night. There were a couple of times where Dangerfield just imposed himself on a contest and ripped the ball out or shoved someone aside. We lacked that aggression in the middle last night and that’s what Adams gives us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Commiserations on the loss but I still think you’ll be right up there this year beginning with a win over Richmond next week.

Darcy Moore was super impressive IMO and I thought you really missed WHE who I really rate and always causes us headaches. De Goey, Howe etc seemed underdone after interrupted pre-seasons.

There’s always six months of build up to round one but it’s worth the same amount of points as every other game so don’t overreact to the loss!

Good luck for the season and hope to see you in September.

Too many players flew for marks....no one was down..

Treloars miss on the full was head scratching...had he lost a yard of pace after hammies?

Brown couldn't get near it....Nice goal though.

De goey put him in the guts for 5 min ...ffs .

Miocheck was bad....unlike him.

Loved Elliott but how long will he last.....Thursday nte game....do you rest him??

Need Adams and hoskin Elliot ASAP

If Grundy goes down we are in trouble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back