No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only r1 but IMO I think the tigers will still be far better than them 2 sides last night
Pies just caught Richmond napping last year

The tigers as a hole are far better than both , again imo

Honestly reckon the comp is coming down a level and again anyone can win on there day.

Besides the tigers I think it will be close

Only r1 but IMO I think the tigers will still be far better than them 2 sides last night

Honestly reckon the comp is coming down a level and again anyone can win on there day.

I'm with you that the Tigers are clearly the best side in it.

I said before the season started I think the Pies and Demons will both be relatively disappointing this year and suffer from huge expectations after being so good last year. I think WCE will be good again but they're not good enough to go back-to-back. I can see Adelaide making a run at it and I think Geelong have it in them to be better this year and make it at least to a prelim because of the increased focus they've put on forward pressure and the quality midfield they've got.

What was it about his 10 disposals, 5 Marks, 2 tackles and 6 turnovers (and no goals or behinds) that impressed you most?

It was a better return than his usual choke-ups in big games at the G. However I saw nothing to suggest our Club did the wrong thing in moving him on,

I said before the season started I think the Pies and Demons will both be relatively disappointing this year and suffer from huge expectations after being so good last year. I think WCE will be good again but they're not good enough to go back-to-back. I can see Adelaide making a run at it and I think Geelong have it in them to be better this year and make it at least to a prelim because of the increased focus they've put on forward pressure and the quality midfield they've got.
Crows will rise with the favable draw this year and players like crouch etc back in the 22

we gave the blood nut away... bad decision.

He wanted to go, and given circumstance that was fair
He failed to perform more often than not
He had limited trade value
He barely did anything last night and that’s not a bad game for him

I like Rohan , I hope he does well. But he is just a fringe/average player

Yeah agree. really cant see him being a lock in that side every week.

I'm not sure he wanted to go (his social media posts didn't suggest that) but I think it was the only option for both him and the club. He had failed to live up to his billing as a top-5 pick and the coaching staff (imo) had coached him in a way which was not holding him accountable for consistently poor performances.

The reality is that he burns around the park and can look like a good player because when he effects a tackle or takes a big mark or hits a target, you see this long, rangy, almost predatory cat-like player who looks like he's on a different planet athletically from most others out there. But to me he has never developed his play or feel for the game much beyond what he was as an 18 year old, which has rendered him woefully inconsistent and incapable of having significant effects for all 4 quarters, let alone for a full season.

I hope for his sake a change of club alters that, because I don't think it was going to happen with us. But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I'm not sure he wanted to go (his social media posts didn't suggest that) but I think it was the only option for both him and the club. He had failed to live up to his billing as a top-5 pick and the coaching staff (imo) had coached him in a way which was not holding him accountable for consistently poor performances.

The reality is that he burns around the park and can look like a good player because when he effects a tackle or takes a big mark or hits a target, you see this long, rangy, almost predatory cat-like player who looks like he's on a different planet athletically from most others out there. But to me he has never developed his play or feel for the game much beyond what he was as an 18 year old, which has rendered him woefully inconsistent and incapable of having significant effects for all 4 quarters, let alone for a full season.

I hope for his sake a change of club alters that, because I don't think it was going to happen with us. But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

True well he wasn’t against going at least? I dunno

Either way he isn’t a great loss and it’s not a bad thing he just isn’t in that class of player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the loss of Rance will have a massive impact on the Tigers. They were able to play their way the last 18 months or so because they knew they had a defence who were very comfortable against most fwd lines without requiring that much assistance and that Rance would be a top intercepter and enable them to start their attacking sets.

They haven't been tested so far in terms of injuries to key players lets see how they do without Rance, Tigers threw away a chance at b2b imo they were clearly the best side last season and i doubt Cox could turn into Carey for another night.

They haven't been tested so far in terms of injuries to key players lets see how they do without Rance, Tigers threw away a chance at b2b imo they were clearly the best side last season and i doubt Cox could turn into Carey for another night.

Pretty sure Martin got injured in the lead up to last years prelim. He played but was far less effective and of course history will tell us they lost comfortably.

Rance might not be as influential across the whole team but there is a lot to be said about the confidence of players (between the ears) making a difference between being a contender and making up the numbers. When you have confidence in your team mates you are prepared to run into space for them with the confidence they will win the ball.

For us I think this played a part in our season last year but more specifically our finals exit when we had Buddy unable to run in our forward half surrounded by kids.

I was only disappointed in Rohan because he was a top 10 pick. He is an adequate league footy player that do some wonderful things and he provided excellent forward pressure last night.

Pies harder draw will hurt them but they get the MCG bonus and play in front of their home crowd pretty much every week. Still have some s**t footy brains out there among some gems.

Cats always there abouts as usual.

Tigers still can switch it on.

Need to see the rest plus a few weeks to sort it all out.

I saw a lot of pace we don't really have from the back half though. Be interesting to see how we go today.

I was only disappointed in Rohan because he was a top 10 pick. He is an adequate league footy player that do some wonderful things and he provided excellent forward pressure last night.

Pies harder draw will hurt them but they get the MCG bonus and play in front of their home crowd pretty much every week. Still have some s**t footy brains out there among some gems.

Cats always there abouts as usual.

Tigers still can switch it on.

Need to see the rest plus a few weeks to sort it all out.

I saw a lot of pace we don't really have from the back half though. Be interesting to see how we go today.

Early days but frankly I saw nothing from any of the teams who have played thus far that we ourselves couldn’t do. Maybe it’s round 1 rust affecting teams or maybe some highly rated teams will disappoint this year. Who knows but at least I will feel marginally better if we are poor tonight seeing how crap everyone else has been! :p

If anyone was going to suffer from expectations, wouldn’t it be Richmond? They are the overwhelming premiership favourites. Melbourne I think will still be able to fly under the radar. They have a younger group and more upside than Tigers IMO

Amazing how teams that aren't coached by Longmire only score 60/70 points, flood in defence etc, play down the wings and have empty forward lines - I thought only Sydney did that.

:thumbsu:Hahaha, bazinga:thumbsu:

I think the loss of Rance will have a massive impact on the Tigers. They were able to play their way the last 18 months or so because they knew they had a defence who were very comfortable against most fwd lines without requiring that much assistance and that Rance would be a top intercepter and enable them to start their attacking sets.

Yep agree, I think his loss will bite into the confidence they were able to play with through the middle the last two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back