Roast Attention bogan thugs

Remove this Banner Ad

There's definitely fewer assaults at the footy now than 20 years ago.
Lot less alcohol consumed these days and people are camera conscience.
However they're given more airtime now because they're filmed and fill media space.
Automatic life bans.

Cops galore at M26 in AFL member area.
Were there free donuts?

All of us need to publicly condemn this idiot.
We have a bad rep on the main board for our fan behaviour. Like it or not. Believe it or not.
We need to be proactive in getting rid of this.
I emailed the club and was told he was not a member and we don't tolerate violence. I replied asking why we employed Ali Fahour then. Waiting for a response.

Security is ******* useless.
A few seasons ago at Dreamtime game A mate and I and our kids saw one of our own supporters glass an Esssndon fan in the Keith Miller bar in 3121.
They done absolutely **** all, them when badgered they kicked the bloke who was glassed out!
Rang the club they couldn’t do anything, rang MCC and said surely you have footage or something? Nothing?
And who do we see the next home game? That same filthy campaigner.
All we could do is tell him every week we seen him we knew and he was a dog etc, but he basically just got away with it.
Haven’t seen him for a few seasons thank ****,hopefully he just got sick of us.
That's a disgrace. Just reinforces my belief that security are either gutless bullies or fat bludgers.

In the old days there was **** all security , there were cops and the6 settled things down pretty quick , these days the cops can’t do nothing because the courts are so lenient
I know and it sucks. Just let the cops do their job already!
Spent ages 13 - 21 growing up in Ringwood and there were some real thugs in that area... all of them s**t scared of the Ringwood coppers, respect also.
Pathetic now.

Were there free donuts?

I emailed the club and was told he was not a member and we don't tolerate violence. I replied asking why we employed Ali Fahour then. Waiting for a response.

That's a disgrace. Just reinforces my belief that security are either gutless bullies or fat bludgers.
Did we really employ Ali Fahour? Man I love this club but they can make some s**t decisions.

He king hit someone he should be in bloody jail!

Did we really employ Ali Fahour? Man I love this club but they can make some s**t decisions.

He king hit someone he should be in bloody jail!
He should be, but:

The Score: Ali Fahour returns to footy ranks in community role with Richmond
MARCH 18, 2019
The AFL’s former diversity manager Ali Fahour, who was forced to resign in disgrace after an on-field king hit, has quietly returned to the football industry.
Fahour was banned from playing football for life in 2017 after a behind-the-play incident in a Northern Football League match.
He then resigned from his position at the AFL and was later charged by police for recklessly causing injury.
Fahour started working in Richmond’s community department two weeks ago where he will work closely with good friend Bachar Houli.
His title at Punt Rd is “Strategic Community Engagement Manager” and he reports to general manager of marketing and communications, Simon Matthews, who previously worked with him at Essendon.
Fahour’s brief includes assisting Houli with his successful academy program which is aimed at providing a unique football development opportunity for young Muslim men.
The long-term goal is to create a Bachar Houli Foundation which will cement the premiership defender’s legacy to the game and his community.
In February last year Fahour was sentenced to a two-year community corrections order and fined $5000 after pleading guilty to the assault while he was playing for West Preston-Lakeside.
The court heard Whittlesea player Dale Saddington was knocked to the ground and momentarily rendered unconscious.
The Northern Football League suspended Fahour for 14 weeks for striking.
It led to him being banned from playing or officiating for life as he’d accumulated more than 16 weeks of suspensions in his playing career.
After leaving the AFL, Fahour held the position of CEO of the Islamic Museum of Australia before starting his new role at Richmond.

https://outline.com/FUtz2k

He should be, but:

The Score: Ali Fahour returns to footy ranks in community role with Richmond
MARCH 18, 2019
The AFL’s former diversity manager Ali Fahour, who was forced to resign in disgrace after an on-field king hit, has quietly returned to the football industry.
Fahour was banned from playing football for life in 2017 after a behind-the-play incident in a Northern Football League match.
He then resigned from his position at the AFL and was later charged by police for recklessly causing injury.
Fahour started working in Richmond’s community department two weeks ago where he will work closely with good friend Bachar Houli.
His title at Punt Rd is “Strategic Community Engagement Manager” and he reports to general manager of marketing and communications, Simon Matthews, who previously worked with him at Essendon.
Fahour’s brief includes assisting Houli with his successful academy program which is aimed at providing a unique football development opportunity for young Muslim men.
The long-term goal is to create a Bachar Houli Foundation which will cement the premiership defender’s legacy to the game and his community.
In February last year Fahour was sentenced to a two-year community corrections order and fined $5000 after pleading guilty to the assault while he was playing for West Preston-Lakeside.
The court heard Whittlesea player Dale Saddington was knocked to the ground and momentarily rendered unconscious.
The Northern Football League suspended Fahour for 14 weeks for striking.
It led to him being banned from playing or officiating for life as he’d accumulated more than 16 weeks of suspensions in his playing career.
After leaving the AFL, Fahour held the position of CEO of the Islamic Museum of Australia before starting his new role at Richmond.

https://outline.com/FUtz2k
Man.

I’m all for Richmond and their attention to diversity, behind it 100%, they’re doing good things where that’s concerned but they really need to make better decisions with whom they employ.

It is simply disappointing that the OP even had to write this thread.

The one thing wrong with the world is the humans

In the current world the bogans are getting heard for the first time.

Peace out dudes its football

Man.

I’m all for Richmond and their attention to diversity, behind it 100%, they’re doing good things where that’s concerned but they really need to make better decisions with whom they employ.
does he have a prior conviction for the king hit? if he does have a prior conviction then wouldn't this mean he would fail a police check which he would require to work with vulnerable young men? I am a youth worker and I know that if I had something like this on my criminal record it would prevent me from being employed....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

does he have a prior conviction for the king hit? if he does have a prior conviction then wouldn't this mean he would fail a police check which he would require to work with vulnerable young men? I am a youth worker and I know that if I had something like this on my criminal record it would prevent me from being employed....
Not sure tbh. I remember his being banned from playing football for life by the AFL but then we heard nothing else about it. Guess no charges were placed?

We had a few cops around M34 near the cheer squad. They were definitely there.
good. they shouldn't concentrate around afl members area though as reported in the previous post. they should be spread out to protect the most amount of people.

Not sure tbh. I remember his being banned from playing football for life by the AFL but then we heard nothing else about it. Guess no charges were placed?
if he has been banned from football for life for violence then how can we justify employing him in a role where he can have an influence on impressionable young men? doesn't seem right to me...

if he has been banned from football for life for violence then how can we justify employing him in a role where he can have an influence on impressionable young men? doesn't seem right to me...
Richmond and the AFL are all about second chances these days. I admire that thought but I agree with you.

I'm not sure the main board is a good representation of the real world to be honest. Reality is every club have these kind of peanuts. We've got our fair share and it sounds like a few fellow Tigers tried to stop this nutter.
Have we found out anything about him? He seems like he needs some professional help.
The MB are simply jumping on anything to cut a tall poppy down to size ,,,anything

Mate respectfully disagree.
Went with my old man to games in the 70s and 80s and there were some serious brawls.
Phones these days means everything gets filmed.

Fully and 100% correct, some naive folk seem to think violence is a modern thing , heck on a Saturday night if it weren’t drunken patrons punching on , it was security near killing people , no phone or cctv in 80s and 90s to tell the world the next day , that’s the difference

He was convicted, got a two-year community corrections order and a $5000 fine.

Fully and 100% correct, some naive folk seem to think violence is a modern thing , heck on a Saturday night if it weren’t drunken patrons punching on , it was security near killing people , no phone or cctv in 80s and 90s to tell the world the next day , that’s the difference
Man, security at the pubs and clubs would have worked for free if they could bash the s**t out of people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back