QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Ads and Jaike have moved to the roosters along with JR and Jacko who are all senior players IMO and good players, the rest were ressies players or injured.

I did mention some were senior players but in saying that with recruits we had coming in before they left a few of those spots were going to be challenged for and that’s not just those guys it’s also the case for other players still at the club who are working their ass off to hold their spots which is healthy for the club.

Last year we didn’t win the GF and we identified some holes in our bottom 6-8 on the senior list and as all good clubs do we looked to bring people in that have the experience or ability to bridge those gaps.

I’m excited for this year, the playing group is very even and the experienced players we have be able to get to the club are already helping bridge that gap from last year.

Where we finish who knows but I can guarantee our guys are going to have a red hot crack every game.
Looking forward to a great tight season mate. There’s going to be a few strong sides like there always is but I’m guessing the bottom teams will have gotten a little stronger which makes for a competitive year for all. Bring on the season mate

Amazing the replies about Ipswich are all measuring the coaches success by 2 grand final losses. A local clubs success can be measured by the relations it builds within a community. The Eagles seemed to have forced 20+ blokes out of the club in 2 years. All of them sound like they are locals or localish. He seems to treat his “prized recruits” form Labrador and the Gold Coast like royalty but ignores the young local talent.

To the bloke who said he signed there this year - I wonder if you’ll still be saying the same thing about the club in 12-24 months. Seems players at Ipswich have a very quick used by date on them. Not being rude - just genuinely hope you don’t get the ass in a years time when he realises he wants someone else. Every year I see Ipswich play they seem to have a very different 22

No one was forced out they left on their own back and made their own choices. Those players were reached out too at the end of each season and they made that decision to leave. Whether they left because they didn’t like the coach or wanted a change of scenery each player was always welcomed back. There are plenty of guys who have been there for a number of years who enjoy playing at the club. Considering in 2016 we were lucky to have a dozen guys training he’s done a ripper job getting as many to the club as he can and I hope he continues to bring more in. Just out of curiosity would you mind letting me know you name ? Or are you another one of those guys who enjoys running clubs down behind closed doors

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really interesting to see a lot of people saying MB is the real unknown. They were solid against kedorn in the practice match. If anything they should be top 4 after coming down a division. I’ve heard gympie have struggled for numbers at training. Jindalee is also a spammer in the works. Mid tier div 5 coming up will be interesting. Haven’t heard much about wynumm or pine rivers. Hinterland and roosters look to have solid recruiting off seasons which will be good for the comp after they’ve both struggled

good result for Wynumm today then, were Kedron at full strength... has the bubble burst already haha.
Wynumm definitely be there about
Pine Rivers were aweful today going from reports despite winning against Friday night mob.
Any other news out there

Gympie big win over Hervey Bay Power. 130-30. Still missing 5 or 6 but we’re looking forward to round 1. Heard reports Hinterland went down to Hervey Bay Bombers. Anyone heard anything about that one?

Hervey Bay Power... not much chop, good win otherwise.
Who do Gympie have round 1.
Must be excited to what season has installed for them

Moreton bay at Moreton bay round 1. Just a good win to cap off the rivalry. They’re a big reason we got in so much trouble by the league last year due to fighting. They’re big on cheap shots and hits behind play.

We were below our best today against Wynnum. Out played we were. I Arrived at quarter time.

How does the league Harvey bay teams play in match up versus div 3?

Moreton bay at Moreton bay round 1. Just a good win to cap off the rivalry. They’re a big reason we got in so much trouble by the league last year due to fighting. They’re big on cheap shots and hits behind play.
Teams like that ruin the game and sportsmanship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gympie big win over Hervey Bay Power. 130-30. Still missing 5 or 6 but we’re looking forward to round 1. Heard reports Hinterland went down to Hervey Bay Bombers. Anyone heard anything about that one?

I was at the hinterland game, they’ve recruited quite well. Birchy have them a spray at qtr time Bit quiet on the field. Sloppy skills. Had a chance to draw the match but siren went as number 3 ran into an open goal and Bounced the ball. From what I’ve heard though was a mixed side. Interesting they’ve only had the one side for 3 practice matches and not the normal ressies and seniors. Oh well got two weeks off now. And wynumm away first seems like a tough assignment

few interesting games round 1.
Thought on winners and margins ?
Ipswich by 70
Redcliffe by 48
Moreton Bay 35
Wynumm 65
Kedron 25

few interesting games round 1.
Thought on winners and margins ?
Ipswich by 70
Redcliffe by 48
Moreton Bay 35
Wynumm 65
Kedron 25

Not sure on margins but my ladder prediction
Wynnum
Moreton Bay
Kedron
Ipswich
Pine Rivers

Redcliffe
Moorooka
Hinterland
Jindalee
Gympie

Although that bottom 5 could really go either way. And 5th spot definitely up for grabs

Not sure on margins but my ladder prediction
Wynnum
Moreton Bay
Kedron
Ipswich
Pine Rivers

Redcliffe
Moorooka
Hinterland
Jindalee
Gympie

Although that bottom 5 could really go either way. And 5th spot definitely up for grabs

I think Redcliffe will play finals.

Has MB picked up anybody or just trying to keep as many players together from the past few years?

Well considering when I went down to the intra club to have a watch they had two teams. And played ressies and seniors against kedron with extra benches. I would say their numbers are doing well

Has MB picked up anybody or just trying to keep as many players together from the past few years?
Seemed to have flown under the radar with everyone else spruiking their recruitment. My mate says they have close to 60 registered and good depth. Still to be decided if they come back to the pack like Kedron last year or dominate. Clearly other clubs on the improve which is great for footy. Key is to build within, not buy players... end up with no depth and one team eg: park ridge.

Seemed to have flown under the radar with everyone else spruiking their recruitment. My mate says they have close to 60 registered and good depth. Still to be decided if they come back to the pack like Kedron last year or dominate. Clearly other clubs on the improve which is great for footy. Key is to build within, not buy players... end up with no depth and one team eg: park ridge.[/
Seemed to have flown under the radar with everyone else spruiking their recruitment. My mate says they have close to 60 registered and good depth. Still to be decided if they come back to the pack like Kedron last year or dominate. Clearly other clubs on the improve which is great for footy. Key is to build within, not buy players... end up with no depth and one team eg: park ridge.
I don’t think they have flown under the radar,everyone knows they are going to be hard to beat especially at home!!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back