Game Day Round 1 2019: Adelaide vs Hawthorn, AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf, the season hasn't started yet. Judge him at the end of Round 22.
I am making a judgement as at today’s date, based on his last 5 years and the competition he has for a spot in today’s team. The selection committee have come to the same conclusion as me, Tbf.

Nash and Poppy pressuring Adelaide's half back line could be the crux of how the game plays out, rather the supposedly more obvious battle of the midfields. If we can keep reasonable pressure on the other lines then watch out!

I am making a judgement as at today’s date, based on his last 5 years and the competition he has for a spot in today’s team. The selection committee have come to the same conclusion as me, Tbf.

Well, maybe.. not sure his non-selection in the side might be because of that ankle injury he sustained vs Richmond last week.

$80 dollars for a ticket in the last row of the stands I can't believe it!!

I have a feeling gunston out for k.brand that's why sicily named forward.

It's a very competitive team we have put out, consider this:
We have 4 bonafide afl players not in the line up. Scully,Wingard,Birchall,Mitchell.

The likes of Howe,Brand,Miles,Hanrahan,Moore,Jones pushing for a spot.

Last edited:
I wonder if Frawley's history of migrane means we will always take cover for him when we travel interstate? If so then Brand is Frawly insurance and Moore is general cover. Big job for the kid if he needs to come in.
Hopefully it's Brand in for Mirra.
Frawley was a late out last year against Adelaide with a migraine. Replaced by Brand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping for no late change and not expecting any. Hope Dave Mirra has a good game. Don't see why he attracts so much disdain.

I see in the other thread - thanks Millsie69 - that we've two travelling emergencies. By my calcs (which are often wrong and borderline psychotic) that means the late change is definitely in play. May not happen, but one person in the XXII is close to the line I reckon. Usually only travel with 1 when everyone's expected to play, yeah? Or is that more for Melbs games and I'm making shite up again?

Go Hawks!

No, I think we always take two travelling emergencies regardless. You never know when something unexpected might happen (somebody accidentally drinks the water or something).

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

Oh, nope.

Just don't understand all the Mirra love (while the story is a heartwarming one) and all of the hate for KB.
That's no reason to question his heart.
There are plenty of posters hoping KB comes in.
No issue with that, no need to bag the player the club picked though

That's no reason to question his heart.
There are plenty of posters hoping KB comes in.
No issue with that, no need to bag the player the club picked though

I hear what you're saying but I've seen much worse posted about our players and doesn't even get your attention in the slightest.

Actually feels a little stiff to be honest.

I could have definitely chosen my words better though, because he does try.

While he doesn't offer a whole lot, his endeavor cannot be questioned.

I hear what you're saying but I've seen much worse posted about our players and doesn't even get your attention in the slightest.

Actually feels a little stiff to be honest.

I could have definitely chosen my words better though, because he does try.

While he doesn't offer a whole lot, his endeavor cannot be questioned.
I've seen worse posted so it's unfair my s**t comment was picked on....
Well you did quote me. I don't see every single thing posted on here but I did see that.

Here’s to a good season everyone. I’m starting to get hyped up about how we’ll fair this season. The thing to keep in mind about today is yeah a win would be great but it’s about more than just that. We want to see that our structures can actually hold up against one of the better teams in the comp even if we’ll be missing a few of our eventual best 22. Get a good start to build some belief then anything is possible. Let’s go Hawkies 💪🏾

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back