Prediction Changes vs Tiges

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Bear has some severe limitations as a player. He is not the great white or brown hope I thought him to be.
Too many burgers in the off season.
He’ll come good

Why is this guy struggling? A 'bit of a niggle' hardly accounts for an appalling lack of fitness at the start of a season. We built this guy up as a certain starter in the 22 and a substantial presence at clearances, but look at him now! Struggling in a VFL practice game. What is wrong with this guy?
You always like to dig at him, never miss.
If we were as efficient as your Sier pokes, we’d have won by 7 goals last night.

Nah, he’s safe, Thomas and browny are
in trouble
Thomas maybe. Brown has to play he's varcoes replacement when ready. This team is screaming already for transition. Maynes another one IQ, Murphy, Daicos have to come in. Set your mind back to 2010, medhurst, obree, lockyer, fraser, presti, were best 22 round 1 all of them not be seen after round 10. Bucks is a smart man he'll adjust when its time to impact the comp.

You always like to dig at him, never miss.
If we were as efficient as your Sier pokes, we’d have won by 7 goals last night.
Hey SV I dig at Sier these days because he is my favourite player. I have watched his highlights tape about 10 times which speaks volumes for the quality of life I enjoy. If I am critical and questioning of him now it's because I am perplexed why he is not in better shape. He did Muay Thai in Phuket during the break. I'd have thought he would be maintaining good fitness and body shape.

To read today that he was so poor in the VFL that he would likely only last 40% of an AFL game astonished me. To the best of my knowledge he had done a pre season. He was sparingly used in the practice game against Melbourne, Then when our midfield seemed so anaemic against Geelong, I really lamented his absence against Geelong's harder and faster midfield.

Give me a break. I love the guy but he is just not following the script and I don't understand the role he has adopted for himself. We sure needed him against Geelong.

He’s a kid.

What were you doing at his age?
When I was his age, I was working full time teaching, earning a fraction of what he is getting and no doubt eating s**t because my body was not what was earning my money. My brain, voice and classroom presence weren't worshipped by thousands of magpie fans - rather by a class full of pimply faced adolescents whose antics made me earn every cent I made. (Don't get me wrong. I loved teaching and couldn't believe then that I actually got paid for something I loved doing).

I don't expect Sier to return overweight from a break (if that is what you are suggesting) and spend weeks languishing in the VFL because he enjoys a few too many burgers. I would hope that he is professional in earning a substantial salary for such a young guy.

When I was his age, I was working full time teaching, earning a fraction of what he is getting and no doubt eating s**t because my body was not what was earning my money. My brain, voice and classroom presence weren't worshipped by thousands of magpie fans - rather by a class full of pimply faced adolescents whose antics made me earn every cent I made. (Don't get me wrong. I loved teaching and couldn't believe then that I actually got paid for something I loved doing). I don't expect Sier to return overweight from a break (if that is what you are suggesting) and spend weeks languishing in the VFL because he enjoys a few too many burgers. I would hope that he is professional in earning a substantial salary for such a young guy.
Knowing kids like you do, why are you surprised?

He will be fine, and will hopefully learn from the experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who actually put their hands up in the BFL practice match?

Knowing kids like you do, why are you surprised?

He will be fine, and will hopefully learn from the experience.
He is 22 or so and not a kid and if he is not fine soon I will be jumping off his bandwagon on to someone else's. Trouble is that the other bandwagons don't have the same appeal.

Who actually put their hands up in the BFL practice match?
Is there a report on this game? If not why not? Where are the posters we rely upon to relay VFL reports? Magpie Bat etc. TD is in Noosa, so I am not expecting him to update us on the also-rans, ne'er do wells and those of lesser ability fleshing out the numbers in the VFL team today.

Is there a report on this game? If not why not? Where are the posters we rely upon to relay VFL reports? Magpie Bat etc. TD is in Noosa, so I am not expecting him to update us on the also-rans, ne'er do wells and those of lesser ability fleshing out the numbers in the VFL team today.
I haven’t found one on the Collingwood website

Hey SV I dig at Sier these days because he is my favourite player. I have watched his highlights tape about 10 times which speaks volumes for the quality of life I enjoy. If I am critical and questioning of him now it's because I am perplexed why he is not in better shape. He did Muay Thai in Phuket during the break. I'd have thought he would be maintaining good fitness and body shape.

To read today that he was so poor in the VFL that he would likely only last 40% of an AFL game astonished me. To the best of my knowledge he had done a pre season. He was sparingly used in the practice game against Melbourne, Then when our midfield seemed so anaemic against Geelong, I really lamented his absence against Geelong's harder and faster midfield.

Give me a break. I love the guy but he is just not following the script and I don't understand the role he has adopted for himself. We sure needed him against Geelong.
I was teasing you

If he plays well in the VFL it sounds like Quaynor is the man. A running defender.

IQ looked a long way off. Did a few nice things in terms of 1v1 defensive aspects but I don't think he hit a target by hand or foot in the entire 2nd half.

Did anyone see the VFL practice match to see how Sier looked?

If you were looking for an inside mid from the VFL practice game Wills would be the 1, assuming he doesn't get suspended for the dangerous sling tackle he was reported for. Certainly offered a lot more than Sier.

I'm happy for anyone who can catch a basic handpass to come in.

My preference would be someone who can give a basic hand pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back