All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any justification for this opinon?

To date Cody & The Bucks have produced ONE show to date that featured wrestling matches in All In. On that show Cody Rhodes won the NWA Championship and The Young Bucks were winning in the main event. How does that show they are about "creating a great product" rather just making themselves look good??

That's one show.

Basic booking is for someone like Cody Rhodes to have the belt for 5-6 months, build him up as a champion for the next person to knock him off. No different in Giving a monster Heel a very long title reign for a baby face to knock the monster heel for the belt. Example Vader to ric flair in Starrcade1993 or Yokozuna to lose to Bret Hart at Wrestlemania 10.

If you are going to bring back a discussion from over a week ago--- at least make your rant coherent.

Why are you comparing Cody winning the NWA Championship (only to lose it 50 days later) to a long "Monster heel reign" from 25 years ago?

Cody was a babyface for the 'All In' show.

Kevin Nash got annoyed by Bret Hart accepting WWF Championship reigns in place of pay rises.
Yeah Scott Hall called Bret Hart the $400,000 a year champion. Mind you things were different from 1993-5. From that 1988-1991 period, Hogan, Savage and Warrior all got decent 9-12 month title reigns and were paid 1 million a year minimum. But that's mainly due to merchandise sales.

pay rise was one issue. Inconsistent wages each week was another issue.

Kevin Nash, Hell even scott hall said this on another clip. Both blokes might of stayed if they were offered guaranteed contracts.

Nash said to Vince McMahon that he didn't need to offer as much as WCW. Just give him the same wage each week so he can pay off his house and look after his family. So Say if Nash was given like $5,000 a week or $260,000 grand a year for example, he can budget that to pay off his house etc.

Around that time, Again, $200 for each pay off per European night they worked. Pav Per views they easily got 5 figures. Looking at survivor series 1994, Nash Cracked the shits because HBK got paid $60,000 and he only did a superkick. Nash got paid $45,000 for working most of the match. Nash rings up JJ Dillon, then Calls Vince. Vince rings him up the next day and gives him the remaining $15,000, Fed ex the Cheque to Kevin nashs wife..

Nash said, the clique wasn't running the company, but was in a position to try and make WWE successful so people can reap the benefits.

If you are going to bring back a discussion from over a week ago--- at least make your rant coherent.

Why are you comparing Cody winning the NWA Championship (only to lose it 50 days later) to a long "Monster heel reign" from 25 years ago?

Cody was a babyface for the 'All In' show.
well.... ok then.

But my point is, you cracked the shits because the young bucks and Cody won jut to make them selves look good? Well at least they are trying to get someone over.

My other point is, who ever is the AEW world champion or Their tag champion, needs to hold their respective belts to establish the company. the last thing you want is How the WCW belt changed hands in 2000: 24 times the belt changed hands that year.

AJ Styles hasn’t resigned yet with WWE. Hearing rumours that AEW have put forth a better financial offer and less dates for him to work than WWE.

How good would it be to see Omega vs Styles, or even Jericho vs Styles un WWE’D?!

AJ Styles hasn’t resigned yet with WWE. Hearing rumours that AEW have put forth a better financial offer and less dates for him to work than WWE.

How good would it be to see Omega vs Styles, or even Jericho vs Styles un WWE’D?!

I also heard AEW having a Big Play for AJ but AJ might be just trying to use AEW in Negations to get what he wants with WWE wanting Less Dates

Last edited:
He just left WWE and says he wants a change.
Seems to line up

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
its confirmed I think. the bloke is 67years old. He could retire.

Saying that, if your paying him 1 million a year to commentate, Fair enough. I think he will do commentary and work backstage too.

lets see what tv deal they will get

Why do you keep going back & quoting old content of mine??

Can you please stop trying to get me involved in stupid AEW discussions until something actually happens

Why do you keep going back & quoting old content of mine??

Can you please stop trying to get me involved in stupid AEW discussions until something actually happens
you have bashed AEW before they have done anything.

I like people like you. You say something, then I quote you to prove you wrong.

you have bashed AEW before they have done anything.

I like people like you. You say something, then I quote you to prove you wrong.

You quoted a post from the 14th February with...
lets see what tv deal they will get

If you think that's "proving me wrong", you should be proud. /s

But I don't understand why you are digging back up through month old content, just so there is something about AEW to discuss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? I thought that was a good get.

As long as Michael Cole is commentating for WWE then AEW won't have the worst commentary team in wrestling.
Oh, JR is ******* terrible.

Watch any of the NJPW shows in the USA he has been on. Has no clue who half the talent are, or their moves. It's cringeworthy.

AEW doesn't need to be less worse than WWE. AEW needs to be good. WWE gets away with crap because it's big, old and recognisable. AEW has none of that. It has to find and keep an audience.

Jim Ross is a hasbeen. AEW needs to keep well away from TNA *-ups.

Comparison could be made to Game of Thrones. 2011 nobody [except book readers and aspirational people in the TV industry] gave a s**t about it. If people tuned in and watched and thought it sucked or wasn't particularly good they'd stop watching and following it and wouldn't care. But it has been a success because it's good and the franchise will continue in some way indefinitely.

WWE is Game of Thrones but older.

AEW is a TV show people have never heard of and haven't watched.

Last edited:
Just saw the Allie news, pretty good get.

Kylie Rae
Britt Baker
Allie
Brandi
Penelope Ford
Yuka
Aja Kong
Bea Priestley

Can probably only house a handful more of female talent at most unless they have a tag division. Need some Luchas. Need Momo too.

Kylie Rae
Britt Baker
Allie
Brandi
Penelope Ford
Yuka
Aja Kong
Bea Priestley

Can probably only house a handful more of female talent at most unless they have a tag division. Need some Luchas. Need Momo too.

Aja Kong? Last time I have saw her was In WWF Survivor Series 1995.....

She had a killer WWF theme though. look it up

Kylie Rae
Britt Baker
Allie
Brandi
Penelope Ford
Yuka
Aja Kong
Bea Priestley

they really don't need Brandi to wrestle. Should aim for Shotzi Blackheart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back