Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd and sheed good but all for nothing when I also have linc McCarthy...3 goals yet only on 39 at 3/4 time. Disgusting. Played much higher up ground in jlt, season starts and he plays forward pocket. Another horrific pick by me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You've got Lloyd AND Sheed, that's awesome Brad. :):thumbsu:

Grundy and now Gawn. I know nearly everyone has them both FMD I'm never paying top dollar for rucks again
Not worried about Grundy, he could've tonned up had he kicked straight and not gave them frees away

Hopefully just a stinker from Gawn and he bounced back

Seriously if these two stink it up, then yeah I ain't going set and forget again. The midpricer/ruck-forward setup seems safest in order to upgrade to best 2 as the year goes on
Looks like Lloyd is actually playing on an opponent...great
Looseman Lloyd is back!!!
I barely noticed Lloyd at the ground until just before half time. Definitely more prominent second half. Thought Jones and McVeigh were particularly damaging though, most of your inside 50 thrusts came from them two

Surprised Libba only got 87, he was everywhere, thought it was a 105-115 type of game from him. Just gotta clean up a few things but very promising from him

19/1733

Whitfield, Captain Cogs and Zerrett to come

Happy with Boak's, Lloyd's and Sloane's returns. Brayshaw did bugger all when the heat was on it seemed, did junk time late though to a ton. Libba and Cousins doing exactly what I wanted them for. Smith was ok, hopefully 65-70-75 is his floor, respectable enough at his price, the 90s will come.

Heeney, Witherden and Dunkley, meh, the points will come there. Most have Gawn so not a big factor too.

Duursma over Scrimshaw correct move.

Operation get Rocky early :think:

Not worried about Grundy, he could've tonned up had he kicked straight and not gave them frees away

Seriously if these two stink it up, then yeah I ain't going set and forget again. The midpricer/ruck-forward setup seems safest in order to upgrade to best 2 as the year goes on

I barely noticed Lloyd at the ground until just before half time. Definitely more prominent second half. Thought Jones and McVeigh were particularly damaging though, most of your inside 50 thrusts came from them two

Surprised Libba only got 87, he was everywhere, thought it was a 105-115 type of game from him. Just gotta clean up a few things but very promising from him

19/1733

Happy with Boak's, Lloyd's and Sloane's returns. Brayshaw did bugger all when the heat was on it seemed, did junk time late though to a ton. Libba and Cousins doing exactly what I wanted them for. Smith was ok, hopefully 65-70-75 is his floor, respectable enough at his price, the 90s will come.

Heeney, Witherden and Dunkley, meh, the points will come there. Most have Gawn so not a big factor too.

Yeah operation get rockyy for me. Can't miss his 150 next week against carlton. Will be bloody hard to get him though, I only left 50k in the bank. The only way I get him is if:
A) I downgrade one of my top 5 mids (Cripps, Cogs, Bray, Taranto, Brouch) using 1 trade
B) Downgrade Gawn to cheap R2 (Phillips), then upgrade a mid rookie to Rocky, pushing walsh to M8, using 2 trades

I don't mind option B, trading Grundy or Gawn. The expensive rucks have been awful, can't be a coincidence that they are all spuds the same week can it? Teams are just taking the game on through the middle rather than mucking around and kicking it down the line to the big rucks. Think the rucks will just be used for their tapwork this year. Burning 2 trades this early is not ideal but my rookies are pretty ok with JS apart from Balta

This seems like a high scoring round 1 to kick the season off...there will be a lot of 2200+ scores.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Reckon most teams will have 2-4 guys who went big yesterday, but other premiums didn't go as well might hold them back a touch

2150 I reckon for par

(Log in to remove this ad.)

19/1733

Missed the dogs game, good to see you say that about Libba. Reaspectable score, but always looking for a little more.

Rocky is an interesting one, really don’t have an easy way of getting him in. Can’t justify sideways trading this early, doesn’t matter how hot the start is.

Missed the dogs game, good to see you say that about Libba. Reaspectable score, but always looking for a little more.

Rocky is an interesting one, really don’t have an easy way of getting him in. Can’t justify sideways trading this early, doesn’t matter how hot the start is.
Said the other night about Newman and this applies to Rocky too, at least they're coming in from medium/midpricer values so will need 5-6-7 weeks of hot form to become really really expensive. If they have a down week somewhere they'll slow down a bit, but should still be somewhat attainable through upgrades. Last year Sicily was in a similar situation to Newman and he peaked around 650-660k I think, while other top defenders like Laird, Lloyd, Yeo etc were above 700k at times, so he wasnt too hard to bring in through the byes (think I got him closer to 600k though), just sucked he got injured.

If hypothetically Laird and Lloyd go on with it, then they'll be very hard to get in though due to their already high starting values (would imagine they're beating their BEs easily here). Got Lloyd but don't have Laird, so hoping Laird will punch out a couple of 80s/90s around round 5-6 etc so he'll be a nice pick up around round 8-9

Happy with my Sloane pick though, he'll have these 130-140-150 games mixed in with the 60-70-80s when he's tagged. I can live with that if others pull their weight when he's down. Just hope he and Zerrett go similarly to Rocky early on if Rocky keeps pumping out the points so I don't lose too much ground on the Rocky owners, hopefully Boak helps here too bridge the gap, but I'd imagine Boak will be locked in for a few for a round 3 sideways (impatient Dunkley or Heeney owners perhaps)

Yeah liked what I saw from Libba, he covered the ground well and got stuck in at the stoppages. He'll improve his mark and tackle numbers I'd imagine if he plays like he did last night every week, could average 90-95 if all goes well.

You probably have a similar side to me then

I'm 19/1733, same scenario/players left
Yeah, noticed that in your post earlier. This is my team:

screen-shot-2019-03-21-at-09-26-06-png.638350

Yeah, noticed that in your post earlier. This is my team:

screen-shot-2019-03-21-at-09-26-06-png.638350
Yep 24/30 the same starting squad there

Same starting defence

Me: Brayshaw, Sloane, Libba, Constable onfield (Butters bench) vs your Cripps, Neale, Rocky and Butters onfield (Constable bench)

Same rucks

Me: Dunkley and Drew vs your McCarthy and Rozee up forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back