Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The worst part is marvels characters suck they just caught lightning in a bottle with the mcu

DCEU's The Flash and going by the trailers Shazam would fit right in a MCU movie.

They seem to be doing the softest of soft reboots. Lightening the tone, removing any need to see previous movies, holding off the return of Batman and Super-Man with new actors long as possible.

Last edited:
DCEU's The Flash and going by the trailers Shazam would fit right in a MCU movie.

They seem to be doing softest of soft reboots. Lightening the tone, removing any need to see previous movies, holding off the return of Batman and Super-Man with new actors long as possible.

They aren’t necessarily lightening the tone at all.

The Batman script is being written now and is expected to shoot end of this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've lightened the tone, visually and moodily (?). First few movies had grey skies, muted and #thisisserious mood. Now it's even lighting and colours and jokes.

They’ve slightly toned it down but that’s not because of the failures of Justice League or Batman V Superman

Captain Marvel/Shazam was always going to have more jokes, it’s the character and story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because Superman is a deep character and Batman is very relatable.

Dc is more than just superman and Batman.

Also when written properly both are better than cap or iron man.

They seem to be doing the softest of soft reboots. Lightening the tone, removing any need to see previous movies, holding off the return of Batman and Super-Man with new actors long as possible.

Flash is always better as a lighter tone and shazam is actually a kid ffs what do you expect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shazam is definitely trying to capture the lucrative family market, the essence of the character as well is much more light hearted than the rest of the DCEU.

s**t it's next week?

Ytb

Flash is always better as a lighter tone and shazam is actually a kid ffs what do you expect

I swear a lot of superhero film moviegoers these days have never touched a comic book/graphic novel or animation series in their life.

Hope it makes enough to get a sequel

Would think it will be financial success, especially if this positive word of mouth and momentum from Aquaman continues.

It’s budget is tiny (relative to other superhero blockbusters) and I’ve read it “only” needs to generate $300m+ to provide a profit.

Am excited.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Now that’s a compliment. Pretty keen to see this, the excitement is growing on me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back