Universal Love TRTT Part 8: Random thoughts also sack Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Party update, obnoxious laugher has gone up an octave.

Annoying laugh aside, its nice to hear some noise on a saturday night for one.

Renewables at this time can’t provide base power, when there’s not enough sun/wind/rain (for hydro). Maybe at some point, but nuclear is the realistic base power for the next 50 odd years until then. Solar is nuclear anyway.

Late night musing...

Gen IV nuclear is where it’s at. Eats its own nuclear waste and virtually zero melt down risk. The increased safety is due to taking water cooling out of the reactor design. Much more environmentally friendly as well. It’s unlikely solar panels will satisfy our energy requirements moving forward. Renewables in general are unlikely to be reliable enough to satisfy demand. Miniaturised nuclear power plants (think same size as nuclear sub) with zero carbon footprint. Enough power generating capacity to replace electricity generation sources of CO2 (coal, gas), enough power to make all cars, trucks and trains run on electric and enough power for carbon capture & storage tech countering emissions from industry and agriculture reducing overall carbon emissions by >90%. It all starts with Gen IV nuclear. As the Gen IV tech gets cheaper & smaller, it will be adopted internationally replacing coal and gas fired power plants world-wide. It’s the best plan available to address climate change concerns, creating jobs and new industries and without destroying economies. Everyone wins.

Anyone noticed how aggressively driven buses are these days? When I was a wee lad those old grey STA Volvos used to seemingly and frustratingly putt along at 25km an hour. Now I'm getting overtaken on the inside at 70 clicks in a 50 zone.

Wish I put my foot through one drivers skull once

2 weeks after a shoulder op I’m on a bus for a meeting I couldn’t miss (couldn’t drive my car) and while I’m climbing down to the door using my one good arm when the driver who is pulling to the stop slams on his brakes, then accelerated hard, brakes again, accelerates, then brakes again

I supermaned down the ******* aisle and instinctively caught one pole with my bad arm to stop myself.

The doors opened and I literally fell out the door, dropped to my knees in screams and agony and tears while the bus driver sped off

I’m not a violent man but if I ever found that driver I would kick his ******* teeth in. My shoulder is forever ****ed.

Last edited:
After some help

Got a new laptop (Acer Aspire 3)

Fully charge the laptop once before using it

Only 3 hours charge?

Bit of googling says try to let it run out fully qnd then recharge so im doing that

but only 3 hours?!!! WTF what year is it 2003?!
Help please? Anything i can do? Can i buy a new battery?

After some help

Only 3 hours charge?

Bit of googling says try to let it run out fully qnd then recharge so im doing that

Have you tried turning it off and back on again? :p

Running along the track between Semaphore South and out past Largs Bay, earlier today, it was great to see so many smiling faces. Funny that they were all wearing Power colours. Lovely older lady smiles and says "Isn't is a lovely morning?". I know she wasn't talking about the weather.

I think I have brought home half the sand from the snake pit to.

After some help

Only 3 hours charge?

What is the specific model? it seems like they all come with the same 4810mAh battery, what browser are you using? Chrome seems to be the most power hungry but Firefox isn't that much far behind.

Always take the "battery life" with a massive pinch of salt, it's pretty much a best case scenario of leaving it on with nothing running while on the darkest brightness.

Holy crap... there are 43 different model Aspire 3's :think:

What is the specific model? it seems like they all come with the same 4810mAh battery, what browser are you using? Chrome seems to be the most power hungry but Firefox isn't that much far behind.

Always take the "battery life" with a massive pinch of salt, it's pretty much a best case scenario of leaving it on with nothing running while on the darkest brightness.

Holy crap... there are 43 different model Aspire 3's :think:

the A315-21G-91JL
i think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's crazy to me that the standard for mobile battery life hasn't changed in decades.

It has, but the thirstiness of applications and hardware has changed along with it.

Would be nice to see a big paradigm shifting new technology in batteries though that’s for sure.

thanks mate
Is it possible to go out and buy a better battery

Maybe, im not entirely. Give Batteryworld a buzz.

I would stay away from eBay though, cheap chinese batteries have little to no QA.

ANGRY DAD storming out of Lego Movie 2 with his THREE LITTLE KIDS, aged between three and six:

"That's it! No more movies! [pointing at kids] For YOU! YOU! And YOU!"
"Why?"
"Why Dad?"
"Yeah, Dad, why?"
"COZ YOU'RE A F@%KEN PAIN IN THE ARSE!!!"

I'm guessing Dad really wanted to watch LM2 but couldn't coz his little shits mucked around for the whole movie, lol...

Last edited:
The ******* cricket bat gets me every time

giphy.gif

ANGRY DAD storming out of Lego Movie 2 with his THREE LITTLE KIDS, aged between three and six:

"That's it! No more movies! [pointing at kids] For YOU! YOU! And YOU!"
"Why?"
"Why Dad?"
"Yeah, Dad, why?"
"COZ YOU'RE A F@%KEN PAIN IN THE ARSE!!!"

I'm guessing Dad really wanted to watch LM2 but couldn't coz his little shits mucked around for the whole movie, lol...
Took the kids to the drive in last night to see that, what a piece of crap.

Kids agreed, made me feel like I had adhd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back