SFNL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very doubtful that dispensation will continue for too much longer considering the SFNL are owed in excess of 250k from clubs who cannot pay their affiliation fees, ground rental, players and coaches and other associated costs. At this rate the SFNL will need to make some harder decisions which may mean clubs will be suspended or placed in hibernation until they can pay off their debts. The SFNL are not a banking corporation, so clubs need to get their act together the quicker the better. Rumour is that a couple of Div 1 clubs still owe at least 30 to 40 k to the league, hate to see the figures of some of the other clubs in lower divisions. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Very doubtful that dispensation will continue for too much longer considering the SFNL are owed in excess of 250k from clubs who cannot pay their affiliation fees, ground rental, players and coaches and other associated costs. At this rate the SFNL will need to make some harder decisions which may mean clubs will be suspended or placed in hibernation until they can pay off their debts. The SFNL are not a banking corporation, so clubs need to get their act together the quicker the better. Rumour is that a couple of Div 1 clubs still owe at least 30 to 40 k to the league, hate to see the figures of some of the other clubs in lower divisions. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Wow, didn't know that. Fairly certain they had the same problems back in the late 90's as the old Churches league clubs folded one by one.

Sorry did i hurt your feelings? How about give me your number and you can have a chat with my elbow when we play?

That's providing you play seniors and get anywhere near the football. No feelings hurt just think it's that type of attitude as to why you guys lost the GF last year.

Dispensation
I’m not aware of any clubs getting dispensation from the league for not having juniors.
Our club has no juniors and we got no allowance for it. It’s a huge leg up for clubs lucky enough to have their own juniors. The junior club alignment system is supposed to work for clubs that dont have their own kids but the system needs some adjustments in my opinion.

I’m not aware of any clubs getting dispensation from the league for not having juniors.
Our club has no juniors and we got no allowance for it. It’s a huge leg up for clubs lucky enough to have their own juniors. The junior club alignment system is supposed to work for clubs that dont have their own kids but the system needs some adjustments in my opinion.
You were at a meeting mid last year at the RSL in which it was announced they Heatherton got dispensation for a couple of players. Also there's a rumour that was posted - yes its just a rumour - that Heatherton may have received bonus dispensation for accepting being promoted back to Div 2. This isn't confirmed but I guess this will come out in the wash Round 1.

How's your MOU with junior clubs in the Doveton area coming along?

Well said BSA. One club touting a host of new recruits rumoured to be in the hole to everyone including the league, players and particularly their local council. Based on the issues they had with points last year I’m buggered If I know how they will fit them into their PPA, let alone pay them (i.e. if the rumours are true of course).

No one at the Eagles is talking like whoever that is.

Highett proved that anyone who makes finals can win it. We won our div 3 flag from 4th.
Come on mate! We just wanted to give those teams the confidence. If we had just smashed everyone. It wouldn't have been as fun.

They probably wouldn't have shown up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have had MOU’s with fountain gate and Narre Warren North Foxes for the last couple of years however the league has not been able to acknowledge them when considering points values which has been disappointing
So what is the point of approving but not honouring an MOU if you are upholding what the MOU stands for? i.e. players going down to juniors training, attending auskick etc

So what is the point of approving but not honouring an MOU if you are upholding what the MOU stands for? i.e. players going down to juniors training, attending auskick etc
Exactly our argument. We have no juniors of our own so we invest time and effort in establishing strong relationships with local juniors including training attendance by our coaches and players, training nights and meals at our rooms for the junior sides. Half time games for under 9s etc.

Both the junior and senior clubs are committed to the process and the paperwork submitted for 2 years now.

We’ve basically been told to wait while the league sorts it out. Apparently there’s an issue with SEJ clubs having MOUs with SFNL senior clubs, which is odd given some clubs have their own juniors in that competition

Last edited:
What are people’s thoughts on Gameface taking over the leagues media?

I think the product isn’t bad. The player countdown attracts some interest. match previews and reviews might improve in standard now with all
games being recorded. The Gameface stuff in other leagues is pretty decent.

I think if I was the league and was paying someone for the product, I would want my logo on what is being posted, not the Gameface logo in prime position. There’s no league or club logos in any of the countdown pics for example.

I’d be making sure it’s posted first on the leagues Facebook page and website, not straight on Gameface page. Should be drawing traffic to their own sites.

Currently everything that’s going online has nearly no league or club logo displayed and is not being posted on the leagues own pages.

Isn’t the point to promote the league and it’s clubs, not Gameface?

I’d be a bit concerned about the clubs paying gameface directly getting more coverage then those that don’t pay as the year roles on as well.

Overall it could be an improvement but some kinks need ironing out.

What are people’s thoughts on Gameface taking over the leagues media?

I think the product isn’t bad. The player countdown attracts some interest. match previews and reviews might improve in standard now with all
games being recorded. The Gameface stuff in other leagues is pretty decent.

I think if I was the league and was paying someone for the product, I would want my logo on what is being posted, not the Gameface logo in prime position. There’s no league or club logos in any of the countdown pics for example.

I’d be making sure it’s posted first on the leagues Facebook page and website, not straight on Gameface page. Should be drawing traffic to their own sites.

Currently everything that’s going online has nearly no league or club logo displayed and is not being posted on the leagues own pages.

Isn’t the point to promote the league and it’s clubs, not Gameface?

I’d be a bit concerned about the clubs paying gameface directly getting more coverage then those that don’t pay as the year roles on as well.

Overall it could be an improvement but some kinks need ironing out.

I think that was what the SFNL trade show was about. Buying space on Gameface social media posts to promote your club and or business.

Mo' money Mo' money

Heard a whisper that Battle may be leaving Doveton? I thought he signed on at the end of last year, can anyone shed some light on this?
Tigersman maybe?

Heard a whisper that Battle may be leaving Doveton? I thought he signed on at the end of last year, can anyone shed some light on this?
Tigersman maybe?
Lol @ the clubs in divvy 2 getting desperate and spreading rumours.

Only way to stay positive is hope some of the dovey players leave.

Deep down they know doveton are going to humiliate them!

like they humiliated themselves last year in the grand final? Hard to kick goals with your hands around your throat!

Pointless dominating a season if you can't win the last game that counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back