Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Projected 2100 if my Giants fire today

Realistically 2000-2040

I'm relatively new to RDT. Can someone please explain to me why people keep mentioning trading in round 3? I think that's when the first price changes come in. So wouldn't you want to make some trades like getting Rocky in before he suddenly goes up in price? I know your rookies will also go up in price but I need more cash then that if I'm to bring in Rocky without sacrificing one of my top 5 mids. Seems the only way to get Rocky in is to downgrade Gawn which means you'd want to do it in week 2 rather than wait for him to drop in price and Rocky to increase in price

This seems like a high scoring round 1 to kick the season off...there will be a lot of 2200+ scores.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You're killing it at the moment with Trel (C) and Sheed, Billings will also get 120 today. I'm projected 2060 so I hope that is not too far away from par. Could have been a lot worse for me if Cousins and Worp didn't turn up...

I'm relatively new to RDT. Can someone please explain to me why people keep mentioning trading in round 3? I think that's when the first price changes come in. So wouldn't you want to make some trades like getting Rocky in before he suddenly goes up in price? I know your rookies will also go up in price but I need more cash then that if I'm to bring in Rocky without sacrificing one of my top 5 mids. Seems the only way to get Rocky in is to downgrade Gawn which means you'd want to do it in week 2 rather than wait for him to drop in price and Rocky to increase in price
On the eve of round 3 is what we mean

Everyone has to play 3 games before they move in price, so as long as they've played 2 games, no one will move in price

Doing trades in round 2 is very reactionary and doesn't work out most of the time as the form line is not long enough. Round 3 or 4 even is safer and gives you extra weeks to look at form before deciding to make moves, one price change isn't the worst scenario most of the time, but two price changes is a bit steep (round 5 onwards)

You're killing it at the moment with Trel (C) and Sheed, Billings will also get 120 today. I'm projected 2060 so I hope that is not too far away from par. Could have been a lot worse for me if Cousins and Worp didn't turn up...

Billings will score 70-80 because I swapped boak for him yesterday before the game. Bailey Scott will score 40-50 because I played him over constable.

Interesting

Where did you go wrong?

Midpricers and underpriced premiums have gone nuts this week , thought that was the nucleus of your team set up
It's been a case of the wrong mid-pricers and my back line has not been good enough with crisp, witherden and smith all 10-20 below what I was expecting.

Nothing has gone drastically wrong however I don't have boak and my structure of only 1 rookie forward meant Drew is stuck on my bench. My unique forwards in Fisher and Mathieson were serviceable but scored less than Drew. My main wins came from the hawks, worpel and cousins.

So yeah, my team is ok but too many small losses and apart from m.crouch no big scores to counter the 'losses'

It's been a case of the wrong mid-pricers and my back line has not been good enough with crisp, witherden and smith all 10-20 below what I was expecting.

Nothing has gone drastically wrong however I don't have boak and my structure of only 1 rookie forward meant Drew is stuck on my bench. My unique forwards in Fisher and Mathieson were serviceable but scored less than Drew. My main wins came from the hawks, worpel and cousins.

So yeah, my team is ok but too many small losses and apart from m.crouch no big scores to counter the 'losses'
Fair enough, I guess there'll be a bit of cash generation still for you though.

I'm not too worried about Witherden's and Smith's scores, think they had good kick to handball ratios, just need that extra 15-20% more accumulation

Good ol hack billings doing his name proud yet again....throw in no Parker and the punishment continues... every bloody year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
P4hvuVb.gif

Last edited:
Fair enough, I guess there'll be a bit of cash generation still for you though.

I'm not too worried about Witherden's and Smith's scores, think they had good kick to handball ratios, just need that extra 15-20% more accumulation
Yeah, I don't have Parker but apart from that I'm happy with my rookies. Mid-pricers have all outscored their previous averages but another 5-10% improvement would be nice.

Going to be hard for me to get Rocky or boak though with my 5-0-3 mid structure and 2-3-1 forward structure so hopefully they don't go massive next round and become 'must haves' as that will create quite the headache.

Steele doing absolutely **** all. Oh the joys of dt

Try having billings after swapping him for boak yesterday!!! Had billings from the start last season, from the week I traded him he became close to a top 6 forward..dominates in the jlt, real season starts and he becomes an absolute hack again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Signs of life in Billings

Try having billings after swapping him for boak yesterday!!! Had billings from the start last season, from the week I traded him he became close to a top 6 forward..dominates in the jlt, real season starts and he becomes an absolute hack again
yep billings still the ultimate burn man. He could still ski down hill in the second half though if saints continue to dominate. 100 is possible still

Billings at least has a good role at the moment, pretty much pure wing. But the lemon HBs for the Saints like Savage are more interested in bombing it 50 metres to a 1 on 3 rather than honour Billings leads to space. Still, can't believe I've done this to myself again. He really knows how to be anonymous for large periods of the game.

Would you guys go

1. Whitfield and Perryman

2. Shaw and Zilliams

$1,700 short of Whitfield and Zilliams

Yeah to fit Ridley in I have to make the choice on the other two pairings
Whitfield and Francis is the answer then

I'm not sure on Perryman

Shaw won't be a guaranteed top 6 defender, he'll probably be around that 8-12 range, Williams around 15-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back