Preview R1 v St Kilda @ Marvel Stadium (Sunday, March 24)

Remove this Banner Ad

Losses like that make video sessions much more poignant than after one point wins.
Massive learnings coming out of today.
The consequences of one slack effort or a dropped chest mark or wasting a shot or a poor handball or a dumb free kick
Also at seasons end if you aren’t anywhere near making the finals those narrow losses are more valuable than narrow wins.

Having said that the GC Fans/Members haven’t sung the song since 2017 so FFS regroup and treat this match v Freo like a Mini GF.

Show the community that “Challenge Accepted” is for real and not a nice media campaign.

Our club does not need a disaster like the Geelong First Home Game last season.

May not have noticed but when 2MP got that free the ball went into the gutter and the ump called time off, 20-30 seconds passed before he then called time on, but the clock never stopped

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s the VFL cheating for you. It’s often subtle but it’s always in the VFL favour.

I used to hate West Coast/Brisbane/Adelaide but now I know the real VFL it’s just every Victorian Club is horrible and we Non-Vic clubs especially us because our home games aren’t cauldrons yet are totally up against it.

If we were to go back to the Weller trade last year, and we hadn't have traded pick 2, I would genuinely hope at this point that we used it on Ballard anyway. He's going to be an absolute beast.
Tom Doedee but 2 years younger

Rough loss, but lads cracked in hard and competed well. Too many turnovers and just handballs to no one. Fiorini is a monster.
what was the crowd like?
sounded like a few suns in the crowd but couldn't see many on tv.

Peter Wright needed to take that shot. If he misses scores are tied. Suns can put on a press. So frustrating they deserved the win. Playing without Ainsworth and Swallow in the midfield hurt. But the Suns fought hard and made a game of it. Hopefully this is a trend for the rest of the season. Plenty of positives. A few negatives. Super pump for the first home game of the year next Sunday afternoon.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Doedee but 2 years younger
can see the similarities but Ballard has so much flexibility comparatively. Where Doedee (sucks about his ACL) is probably only ever going to be an intercepting defender, Ballard could push onto the wing, on ball or up at half forward if we needed. His rate of development has been really staggering

There was a scene in the replacements where Shane Falco changes the play as he didn't have the belief in himself. Bringing a great piece of motivation from gene Hackman staying "winners always want the ball when the game is on the line" for mine big Pete needs to watch that and when in the same situation again, take it on.

There was a scene in the replacements where Shane Falco changes the play as he didn't have the belief in himself. Bringing a great piece of motivation from gene Hackman staying "winners always want the ball when the game is on the line" for mine big Pete needs to watch that and when in the same situation again, take it on.

Big Red Machine - Early nomination for post of the year

Hope you enjoyed the day - was great to hear everyone in voice.
up to the home fans to replicate it next week!

Was a gut wrenching loss but enjoyable day besides the saints fans who were quite feral. Was it loud on tv? For sure! Back it up next week, make lots of noise! Our boys were feeding off the energy and noise.

One thing I will comment on though is Murdoch. Obviously wasn't too flash given they put him forward in the last quarter. Didn't notice him too much.
Can we serve him a bowl of intensity every morning please!!!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Well done today guys. You played a hell of a game. Plenty of promising signs. If you ventured to the Saints board you'd probably see that we are melting over a win - incredible scenes really.

Think you will surprise a few this year!

Well done today guys. You played a hell of a game. Plenty of promising signs. If you ventured to the Saints board you'd probably see that we are melting over a win - incredible scenes really.

Think you will surprise a few this year!

Well they’d be melting because everyone says we are s#*t that’s been gift wrapped in vomit and it’s up to us to win these games and turn that perception around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back