Preview Round 2: Essendon vs St Kilda, Docklands, Saturday 30/03/19 @ 4:35 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be completely unsurprised if we go in unchanged.

Equally, not surprised at all if we have 20 changes.
In the press conference, Woosha was hinting that one game wouldn't change all of the pre-season and JLT work. Also, guys like Parish and Laverde epitomised the lazy running on display today. I don't see how they make a difference.

In the press conference, Woosha was hinting that one game wouldn't change all of the pre-season and JLT work. Also, guys like Parish and Laverde epitomised the lazy running on display today. I don't see how they make a difference.
We went in unchanged after the first shocker last year too. The guys that played today are going to be the most motivated to redeem themselves, out of everyone. I think that's the logic anyway, and sooner or later they had better redeem themselves.

Can't lose to the bottom side if we're the bottom side
Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

Change it up!?
Francis CHF all day.
Presents and punishes.
Can mark and KICK!
Draper FF!
Moves into ruck for small periods.
Can mark, kick and is hard.
Those two really #### up the opposition.
Other suggestions previously are cool.
Just add my two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness we did go from a ball winning midfield that would have legitimately churned out today's GPS numbers to a supposed running midfield that can't win the ball.

Where the **** did the improvement go then? Like Tottenham in the EPL. No improvement in that area of the team/squad and we regress as a club.

Please bring in clarke and play him could become a decent inside mid the only one on our list with myers.

I would get Libba during the trade period 28 disposals and 10 contested.

Would improve our midfield a lot.

You don't even need top line inside midfielders to help improve your overall list, just guys who can play a role. A guy like Luke Dunstan would have been perfect in trade period.

You don't even need top line inside midfielders to help improve your overall list, just guys who can play a role. A guy like Luke Dunstan would have been perfect in trade period.

Agree,
Said this for years - it's great we brought in saad, smith etc but NONE of these players are what we need -
ball winning mids.

I would get Libba during the trade period 28 disposals and 10 contested.

Would improve our midfield a lot.
I don't think it would. Shiel had 25 disposals and 18 contested possessions for s**t all when the others want to ball watch and jog on the spot. Not saying Shiel was great, but his teammates were hardly inspiring.

I don't think we considered that because we (rightfully) expected Parish and McGrath to be at a higher level this year and aside from one blistering quarter of football from McGrath in JLT 1, they just haven't been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back