Discussion Round 1, 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS v Essendon is hard to watch
One of those games where neither of Essendon's colours is really acceptable, so short of a non-club colour/third guernsey, you go with the lesser of two s**t options.
Mero's lime green with red sash would work well.

One of those games where neither of Essendon's colours is really acceptable, so short of a non-club colour/third guernsey, you go with the lesser of two s**t options.
Mero's lime green with red sash would work well.
The AFL need to bite the bullet and just make every team have a non-club coloured third kit. They'd probably only have to wear it once or twice per season at most

The AFL need to bite the bullet and just make every team have a non-club coloured third kit. They'd probably only have to wear it once or twice per season at most
Not every club. The Eagles, for example, have all options covered between royal and yellow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved it when for the past few seasons the Roos switched to blue numbers on their traditional strip. Why would you want black? Black is not one of their colours and it ruins the overall look.
Tradition. Their numbers have always been black. Just like Essendon's numbers have always been white despite it not being one of their club colours.

Tradition. Their numbers have always been black. Just like Essendon's numbers have always been white despite it not being one of their club colours.
Essendon's is a practical thing tho - neither red nor black numbers would show up well.
North's were probably black from back in the knitted jumpers with number panel days. The practical issue preventing blue numbers isn't there anymore.

Nice to see XBlades made no effort to improve the black on the Saints gear over the off season, might as well be grey

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That was bad, but in addition I'm surprised nobody mentioned the white panel, which looked far too thin to me.

D6xurFBpsD2_rusU5TvC1UEeFPgMnURoCq9-qkLHrVwWRVJad8fzW_KAnVeAU54B6GHjEetLZ1q4RaSuk8uQ=-w600-h400-p

b3d8daf7c565e9f0f7a0ebeb6230f490

There’s shaking it up and then there’s just ruining a good jumper set for the sake of it.

Honestly the teal version was better, at least it sort of reflects the club.

Who thinks of silver when they think of Port?
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Unpopular Opinion time - Port should ditch the Teal and go grey white and black full time. The colours would differ enough from Collingwood, it'd be more in line with their black monochrome history and done correctly it can look sweet.

Late to the party, but think the bounding roo looked messy with the number panel on the back.

In round 6, Port hosts North, and unless North have a third option we could see another repeat of the PBs vs Carlton clash 2013 abomination.

I guess they would be better off wearing the blue home with white shorts (a short swap of the matchup when we play them at Docklands).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back