Competitions 2017 Board elections - Congratulations Sean Wellman and Katie Lio!

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst I think the board has done well to my limited knowledge, change isn't necessarily a bad thing when there's probably 10-12 members on it?

Nine. And no.

The throng got their man in despite the efforts of those already established. What Paul did was amazing for the club. I really hope he tries his hand again.
:rolleyes: Don't over egg that pudding or anything...

The throng...

HA! We are a collection of intellectual pygmies.

Well, you've definitely convinced me that in the land of the blind, the man with one eye reigns supreme. Or thinks he does anyway.

Whilst I think the board has done well to my limited knowledge, change isn't necessarily a bad thing when there's probably 10-12 members on it?

To quote the great Colonel Landa... that’s a bingo!

With Wellman, club welcomes his financial experience. He’s a qualified podiatrist and the only financial experience he has is as a mortgage broker which has only been recent. Think he tried the pub business as well.

That’s **** all finance experience for a director/board member.

I think this might be the first time that neither of my choices have been elected although in saying that both Sean and Katie were strong candidates that bring energy to the board and in the case of Sean experience of on-field success and its good to read on the Blitz that Paul might stay involved in the club via the VFL side.

Personally I am rapt to see Wellman get the nod, but like most, the proof's in the pudding and I'll be watching to see how he performs before jumping up and down too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Wellman, club welcomes his financial experience. He’s a qualified podiatrist and the only financial experience he has is as a mortgage broker which has only been recent. Think he tried the pub business as well.

That’s **** all finance experience for a director/board member.

But he played for us once.

Kicked a footy in an Essendon jumper > actual skills and experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back