FTA-TV Basil Zempilas- Commentary TIPS

Remove this Banner Ad

Basil puts so much focus into sounding like Dennis that he forgets to be an actual professional commentator and pay attention to the game.
He's a radio commentator through and through. He's 5 seconds behind the play, he calls things as though they are still happening after its long happened and he gets their names wrong and just pretends we can't see that he has. Or worse, possibly doesn't even realise he's called the wrong name.

He's a radio commentator through and through. He's 5 seconds behind the play, he calls things as though they are still happening after its long happened and he gets their names wrong and just pretends we can't see that he has. Or worse, possibly doesn't even realise he's called the wrong name.

I've got a suspicion he calls play off a monitor, rather than watching through the play itself with or without binoculars, which might partly explain a slight delay in calling play vs what we see.

I've got a suspicion he calls play off a monitor, rather than watching through the play itself with or without binoculars, which might partly explain a slight delay in calling play vs what we see.

Nah, I reckon he's just one of those people who has to complete saying each thought they have and has no ability to adjust mid-sentence. My wife is the same. Unfortunately it ends with me just going, "Get to the ******* point!"

you're calling what the viewers sees, but add zero insight to what they can't see through the camera lens.
That's the case with all commentators. It's the role of the special/expert commentator to give us the info outside of the vision.

This is the guy that called the Olympic swimming and even Australia winning gold and he made it sound dull.

A momentum killer.

Hasn’t got it, never will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not content with being a nauseating turd I've just learned this insufferable prick is a paid up member of the WA Liberal Party and been courted for pre-selection as a candidate, testament to the calibre of their ranks.

Fire this campaigner into orbit with a cannon at once.
Bags pulling the tit

Not content with being a nauseating turd I've just learned this insufferable prick is a paid up member of the WA Liberal Party and been courted for pre-selection as a candidate, testament to the calibre of their ranks.

Fire this campaigner into orbit with a cannon at once.

Colour me surprised.

Does he call many games now? Don't seem to hear him.

He's leaving weekend Sunrise at year's end.

Reckon the ratings are bad and they've findings on him via research isn't glowing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back