Underrated things in life

Remove this Banner Ad

i like walking my dog late/at night, its a lot quieter and more relaxing
depends on where you live
out my way if you decided to walk the dog after dark over summer you'd walk through a lot of spider webs

depends on where you live
out my way if you decided to walk the dog after dark over summer you'd walk through a lot of spider webs

I had to stop walking late at night on a Friday as too many times I would get a car drive slowly past with people in it looking for trouble.

My sister had her last at 42.

Know some peeps my age that just had their first. Were advised to give it a go naturally but don't stuff around. 6 months tops, then off to IVF.

Gonna be in their mid 60's when the kid finishes high school :oops:

My aunt had her last at 40, she says having a teenager when you're in your 50s was the s**t bit.
Had my first just shy of 36 (not by choice, just took a few years) and second just shy of 38. So kids will be 14 and 12 when I hit 50. That said, I reckon 50-year-olds today are 'younger' than past generations. Have a colleague whose 55 with a 14-year-old and he'd pass for 10 years younger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think mid to late 30s is a big deal. Have a kid when you are 40 and by the time they have finished school then gone to uni or done a trade etc. you're still only early 60s. You might not be as sprightly as you were but most people in their early 60s aren't 'old'. Once you start getting into 40s and older then you run the risk of missing out on key moments. If you have a kid at 45 and they get married at 35 you might have died of natural causes by then.

Other than your own sanity and not being the "old parent" at play group (plus any health risks obviously) I think the most important think about not having kids too old is the child-grandparent relationship. Have a kid when Gran is already 85 or already passed on and they'll never have that relationship. I had 3 growing up (one died young, not much you can do about that) and it was an important part of my childhood.

I don't think mid to late 30s is a big deal. Have a kid when you are 40 and by the time they have finished school then gone to uni or done a trade etc. you're still only early 60s. You might not be as sprightly as you were but most people in their early 60s aren't 'old'. Once you start getting into 40s and older then you run the risk of missing out on key moments. If you have a kid at 45 and they get married at 35 you might have died of natural causes by then.

Other than your own sanity and not being the "old parent" at play group (plus any health risks obviously) I think the most important think about not having kids too old is the child-grandparent relationship. Have a kid when Gran is already 85 or already passed on and they'll never have that relationship. I had 3 growing up (one died young, not much you can do about that) and it was an important part of my childhood.
My wife's parents solved that problem by having her at 17. Means even though we started later, grandparents are still only in their early 60s when the kids are under 10.

My children will have the same grandparent kind of thing as I did when they grow up.

My parents are 62 and 67 this year, but my fiance's parents are only late 40s.

My dad's parents died when I was young (5 and 8), mum's parents are both still alive and will be 94 this year.

If my kids can see my parents until the age of 15 or so I would be pretty happy.

I had great grandparents til 17, my brother 27. Was awesome. Outlived all bar one grandparent though on the other hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back