SFNL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam fisher and Raph Clarke to city, Must have plenty room in there points this season.
Especially when Sam Fisher is still 6 points this year as per rule:

5.3.1. Category 6 – AFL Player – 6 Points
Player who has played a minimum of one AFL game in any of the current or previous three (3) Seasons.

1) Three divisions is more likely (Div 1 - 10, Div 2 - 10 plus a combined Div's 3 & 4)

2) It makes great common sense for clubs to submit financial and sustainability plans excluding player payments.

3) We may see a time when there are either three divisions or else there will be two divisions and an expanded Thirds comp for your Cerberuses, Mt Waverleys, Sandowns, etc. but being a long-term Thirds club is probably just delaying the inevitable. A team like Sandown or Mount Waverley is going to have struggles with player recruitment unless they merge and you can't realistically see them coming back into divisional football and rising up the divisions unless a sugar daddy gives them a short-term revival before the money runs out and they either plunge back down to Thirds footy or fold.

4) My worry is how much the league is owed by its clubs already. How much can the league afford to part with of its own reserves and the potential to lose even more money this way. You'd hate to think that loans would be funding player payment.

5) Affiliation fees should be based on the number of teams entered into the different competitions (footy/netball, mens/womens, Sen/Res/U19/Thirds).

6) Two up, two down should be a given.

7) Thought that this was already happening.

8) Shift workers, weekend access, time constraints. Maybe 35-40.

9) Didn't they used to be in the Record in the ESCFA and SESFL days? I am sure they were. No reason why they can't be added as a news item on the website now that they gave the Record the arse.

10) A good club would put a couple of jugs on the bar and a couple of plates of party pies for both teams in the club rooms after the Ressies and Seniors games. No real need to enshrine it into law I would have thought.

Thanks for review and comments. I have a couple in return for clarity

4) My worry is how much the league is owed by its clubs already. How much can the league afford to part with of its own reserves and the potential to lose even more money this way. You'd hate to think that loans would be funding player payment. YOU HAVE INCORRECT ASSESSMENT: CLUBS STATE THEY WANT TO BE PART OF LEAGUE AND HAVE COMMITTED TO PAYING THE AFFILIATION FEES : AFFILIATION FEES SET AT START OF YEAR / LOANS TAKEN OUT WHICH ARE THEN PAID TO THE LEAGUE. INSTEAD OF PAYING THE LEAGUE QTRLY FUNDS THEY PAY THE LENDER. LEAGUE IS GUARANTEED AND PAID THE FEES UPFRONT AT START OF YEAR. SO NO CLUB CAN DIVERT AFFILIATION FUNDS TO PAYING PLAYERS. CLUBS THAT MAY STILL OWE THE LEAGUE COULD HAVE ADDITIONAL PRO RATE LOANS TO PAY THE LEAGUE OFF.

5) Affiliation fees should be based on the number of teams entered into the different competitions (footy/netball, mens/womens, Sen/Res/U19/Thirds). DISAGREE. CALLED EQUALISATION. IF YOU HAVE 300 REGISTERED PLAYERS PAYING $X SUBS THEN BIG CLUBS DOING OK AT EXPENSE OF SMALLER CLUBS WHO MAY ONLY HAVE 100 PLAYERS. THE BURDEN OF THE AFFILIATION FEES LIES MORE HEAVILY ON SMALLER CLUBS AS SUB REVENUE IS LESS. THERE WILL BE NAYSER DIV 1 CLUBS AGAINST THIS HOWEVER IS WE ARE FAIR DINKUM ABOUT RE-ENGINEERING THE LEAGUE THEN EVERYONE NEEDS TO SACRIFICE A BIT. STRENGTHEN THE LEAGUE THROUGH TOP/DOWN FINANCIAL STABILITY THAT WILL START DRAWING PLAYERS AND SPONSERS ACROSS THE BOARD. THE EQUALISATION ENSURES EVERYONE'S VIABILITY AND MORE IMPORTANTLY ABILITY TO MEET THEIR LOAN AFFILIATION. IF THIS ASPECT CAUSES BIG CLUBS TO REDUCE THEIR HEFTY PLAYER PAYMENTS THEN THATS A GOOD THING IN THE TOTAL SCHEME OF THINGS.

10) A good club would put a couple of jugs on the bar and a couple of plates of party pies for both teams in the club rooms after the Ressies and Seniors games. No real need to enshrine it into law I would have thought. I THINK IF YOU TAKE A SURVEY OF ALL CLUBS ESPECIALLY IN LOWER DIVISIONS YOU WOULD BE SURPRISE OF THE LACK OF AFTER GAME IN ROOMS FOR DRINKS ETC. MOST GUYS DONT EVEN HAVE SHOWERS JUST GRAB THE BAG, HEAD DOWN AS THEY CHECK THEIR PHONES. IF LACK OF RESPONSE IN LOWER DIVISIONS THEN THE $200 WOULD BE GOOD FOR THEM.

Thanks for review and comments. I have a couple in return for clarity

4) My worry is how much the league is owed by its clubs already. How much can the league afford to part with of its own reserves and the potential to lose even more money this way. You'd hate to think that loans would be funding player payment. YOU HAVE INCORRECT ASSESSMENT: CLUBS STATE THEY WANT TO BE PART OF LEAGUE AND HAVE COMMITTED TO PAYING THE AFFILIATION FEES : AFFILIATION FEES SET AT START OF YEAR / LOANS TAKEN OUT WHICH ARE THEN PAID TO THE LEAGUE. INSTEAD OF PAYING THE LEAGUE QTRLY FUNDS THEY PAY THE LENDER. LEAGUE IS GUARANTEED AND PAID THE FEES UPFRONT AT START OF YEAR. SO NO CLUB CAN DIVERT AFFILIATION FUNDS TO PAYING PLAYERS. CLUBS THAT MAY STILL OWE THE LEAGUE COULD HAVE ADDITIONAL PRO RATE LOANS TO PAY THE LEAGUE OFF.

5) Affiliation fees should be based on the number of teams entered into the different competitions (footy/netball, mens/womens, Sen/Res/U19/Thirds). DISAGREE. CALLED EQUALISATION. IF YOU HAVE 300 REGISTERED PLAYERS PAYING $X SUBS THEN BIG CLUBS DOING OK AT EXPENSE OF SMALLER CLUBS WHO MAY ONLY HAVE 100 PLAYERS. THE BURDEN OF THE AFFILIATION FEES LIES MORE HEAVILY ON SMALLER CLUBS AS SUB REVENUE IS LESS. THERE WILL BE NAYSER DIV 1 CLUBS AGAINST THIS HOWEVER IS WE ARE FAIR DINKUM ABOUT RE-ENGINEERING THE LEAGUE THEN EVERYONE NEEDS TO SACRIFICE A BIT. STRENGTHEN THE LEAGUE THROUGH TOP/DOWN FINANCIAL STABILITY THAT WILL START DRAWING PLAYERS AND SPONSERS ACROSS THE BOARD. THE EQUALISATION ENSURES EVERYONE'S VIABILITY AND MORE IMPORTANTLY ABILITY TO MEET THEIR LOAN AFFILIATION. IF THIS ASPECT CAUSES BIG CLUBS TO REDUCE THEIR HEFTY PLAYER PAYMENTS THEN THATS A GOOD THING IN THE TOTAL SCHEME OF THINGS.

10) A good club would put a couple of jugs on the bar and a couple of plates of party pies for both teams in the club rooms after the Ressies and Seniors games. No real need to enshrine it into law I would have thought. I THINK IF YOU TAKE A SURVEY OF ALL CLUBS ESPECIALLY IN LOWER DIVISIONS YOU WOULD BE SURPRISE OF THE LACK OF AFTER GAME IN ROOMS FOR DRINKS ETC. MOST GUYS DONT EVEN HAVE SHOWERS JUST GRAB THE BAG, HEAD DOWN AS THEY CHECK THEIR PHONES. IF LACK OF RESPONSE IN LOWER DIVISIONS THEN THE $200 WOULD BE GOOD FOR THEM.

I am sure that club affiliation fees are relatively equitable already because if a club has more teams then they are already paying more than smaller clubs.

In 2018, St Paul's fielded four men's football sides - Seniors, Reserves, Thirds and Under 19s - so therefore they would pay affiliation fees for four sides and they would have roughly 120 players (4x30).

In 2018, Mount Waverley fielded two men's football sides - Seniors and Reserves - so therefore they would pay affiliation fees for two sides and would have roughly 60 players (2x30). Their affiliation fees would have been half of what St Paul's paid.

In 2018, Cerberus fielded one men's football side - Seniors - so therefore they would pay affiliation fees for one side and they would have roughly 30 players. Cerberus would have paid half the affiliation fees that Mount Waverley paid and a quarter of what St Paul's paid.

I am sure that club affiliation fees are relatively equitable already because if a club has more teams then they are already paying more than smaller clubs.

In 2018, St Paul's fielded four men's football sides - Seniors, Reserves, Thirds and Under 19s - so therefore they would pay affiliation fees for four sides and they would have roughly 120 players (4x30).

In 2018, Mount Waverley fielded two men's football sides - Seniors and Reserves - so therefore they would pay affiliation fees for two sides and would have roughly 60 players (2x30). Their affiliation fees would have been half of what St Paul's paid.

In 2018, Cerberus fielded one men's football side - Seniors - so therefore they would pay affiliation fees for one side and they would have roughly 30 players. Cerberus would have paid half the affiliation fees that Mount Waverley paid and a quarter of what St Paul's paid.
That’s not the way it works unfortunately.

Very loose numbers for affiliation costs are that it cost 30-38k to field a senior and reserves team. It jumps up 2-3K for each division with div 1 the most expensive.

It then cost 2-4K extra for each additional side ( 19s, thirds, women’s).

That covers insurances, umpires and affiliation.

Interestingly it is much cheaper to field a footy side in states not run by the AFL.

That’s not the way it works unfortunately.

Very loose numbers for affiliation costs are that it cost 30-38k to field a senior and reserves team. It jumps up 2-3K for each division with div 1 the most expensive.

It then cost 2-4K extra for each additional side ( 19s, thirds, women’s).

That covers insurances, umpires and affiliation.

Interestingly it is much cheaper to field a footy side in states not run by the AFL.
300k for umpire wages and coaching is big $$$, need affiliation fees from every club. Those that in debt to the league should be forced to pay or play for no points. Can’t have clubs 30 to 40k in debt. The SFNL is not a bank.

Any practice matches played over the weekend just gone?

How did team go ?

Any Practice games this week?

Mordialloc vs edi-asp will draw a nice crowd this weekend

Any practice matches played over the weekend just gone?

How did team go ?

Any Practice games this week?

Mordialloc vs edi-asp will draw a nice crowd this weekend

29 and Thunderstorms might have something to say about that. Will be a good test for the bloods.

I know St Pauls played Heatherton last Sunday and gave them a fair touch up.

Not sure on any other games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who played well for St Kilda City Greg?

Number 4 Hansen? He's a bit of a unit!!! Fisher kicked a few down forward but didn't look in good shape at all but used his bigger frame to his advantage. Few other good runners, number 24 Maori looking guy was solid also.

They were missing a few such as Purvis etc as were we so can't read too much into it other than that they are a fairly well drilled team, handballing backwards at every opportunity.

Also started both wingers on the defensive points of the square, to swing through at the bounce and provide that lateral/backward release option.

They also pressed up hard for the zone.

What’s everybody’s tips for round 1?

Port Colts vs St Kilda City
Port Colts 23 Points

Mordialloc vs East Malvern
Mordialloc 17 Points

Cheltenham vs Dingley
Cheltenham 26 Points

Highett vs Oakleigh Districts
Oakleigh Districts 3 Points

St Pauls vs Bentleigh
St Pauls 38 Points

Ladder Prediction
---------------------
St Pauls (premiers)
Mordialloc
Dingley
Cheltenham
Port Colts
-------------
East Malvern
St Kilda City
Bentleigh
Oakleigh Districts
Highett

Was at the mordialloc v east Malvern game today. Umpiring standards are the worst I’ve ever seen. It seems you are better off not being first to the footy and waiting to tackle the bloke. Horrendous.
Why do they run at training they should just sit in front of a tv and watch footage.
How does it get better?

Was at the mordialloc v east Malvern game today. Umpiring standards are the worst I’ve ever seen. It seems you are better off not being first to the footy and waiting to tackle the bloke. Horrendous.
Why do they run at training they should just sit in front of a tv and watch footage.
How does it get better?

I was at Div 2 Chelsea Heights vs Heatherton and thought the umpiring was quite good save for one fifty meter penalty that had little influence on the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back