Prediction Changes vs Tiges

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sier or Greenwood needed to play against Geelong given no Adams. We had no grunt in our midfield (treloar, pendlebury, beams, sidebottom dont strike fear).... Greenwood has his limitations but one thing you cannot question is his attack on the footy and was much needed on Friday night. One or both need to be included this week.

Sier just has to play Imo. Our midfield at the movement struggle to do the hard stuff.

Treloar, Pendles, Sidebottom & Beams had a combined 13 tackles. That’s just no where near enough. Imo, Ohr big midfielders need to impact the contest with intent.

I think we have to change our Center square setup. We were just too boring and predictable.

Imagine Sier, De Goey & Stephenson in the Center square.

Also, I think Sidebottom needs to play a kick or so behind the ball. He’s fantastic when he has time and space. Rewatch JLT 2 against Fremantle when he plays the “quarterback” role. He’s unstoppable.

Mihocek does have the runs on the board atm. However, he needs to perform soon or else I wouldn’t mind trialling Goldsack in the forward.

I don’t see any need for us to interfere with our defence at the moment. Only time I would consider changing our KPD setup is if/when Dunn & Schaz are fit to play. However, until then we play Roughead and Moore.

Hawkins & Rataguleoa only had 5 shots between them.

Out: Brown
In :Sier

Is Greenwood available???? If so, he must be in. He did some nice jobs tagging Dusty last year.

I couldn't believe he didn't resume hostilities with Selwood last week. I reckon Joel would've done a jig when he saw the team sheets and there was no Selwood.

If he is available, it just seems a bit cocky from our match committee. Almost saying that our team player for player is better than your team, and we don't need to bother shutting any of your guys down.

Richmond's midfield is star-studded, but shallow compared to ours. If you take out one of Dusty or Cotchin, then it puts heavy reliance on the others.

I thought we looked unbalanced. Need a genuine inside mid and a running defender to help Crisp and the mids transition the footy. I like Howe as a tall defender, so I'd drop Roughhead for team balance (don't think he did much wrong). Sier into the guts and shift Beams, Pendles or Sidey to half back.

I don't think it'll happen though.

I thought Aish was solid in contests, but I'd be giving him a warning - start attempting to offer some run or you're back to the VFL.

Roughy & Moore look a good match for Lynch and Jack.

Brown and Varcoe were our worst, with a long way to next worst.

Brown ain't good enough in my view. He's a deer in the headlights when in space and seems to lack footy craft. For one so lightweight, he's not good enough at anything in particular to make it. Daicos is far more promising.

Varcoe is in the worst 5 in the team nearly every week. Runs to the wrong spots and doesn't get it enough.

I'm thinking Brown out, Sier in. I'd like to get Varcoe out too but not sure who for. Maybe Greenwood.

Phillips was easily our least impactful player.

Is Greenwood available???? If so, he must be in. He did some nice jobs tagging Dusty last year.

I couldn't believe he didn't resume hostilities with Selwood last week. I reckon Joel would've done a jig when he saw the team sheets and there was no Selwood.

If he is available, it just seems a bit cocky from our match committee. Almost saying that our team player for player is better than your team, and we don't need to bother shutting any of your guys down.

Richmond's midfield is star-studded, but shallow compared to ours. If you take out one of Dusty or Cotchin, then it puts heavy reliance on the others.

Greenwood was the carry over emergency for the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howe and Moore do too.

And you'd consider that if you didn't have a better option in Roughy. No way Roughy will be dropped after his performance Friday when a player like Lynch is an ideal opponent for him.

Varcoe 37 metres gained

Phillips 556 metres gained

:drunk:

If Phillips had a game as bad as Varcoe's people would be demanding he be immediately sacked

Clearly they don't subtract the footy rebound from turnovers when they calculate the meters gained.

I think Langdon could do the job on Riewoldt and let Moore take Lynch. We may have one tall too many in defense?

I think either Langdon or Howe would do a very good job on Jack but Roughy won't be getting dropped off Fridays performance. It wasn't the defence that lost us that game although some of their disposal played a part. I wouldn't expect any change to the defence unless there are injuries.

Shocking selection. How Greenwood wasn't tagging Selwood on Friday night is beyond me.

Brown out for Greenwood this week.

Some poise with the footy and we win by 5 goals against the Cats.

Can't wait to get Adams and WHE back in the team.

Least impactful? I didn't think he was that bad, but his missed goals and some of his turnovers definitely did have an impact.

Had an absolute mare. About half his disposals put Geelong on the offensive and had us chasing tail, and that's not to mention his direct opponent had a free run all night. If he's going to zone then he needs to learn to read the play and realise that his glacier like pace won't allow him to close the gap and impact. The poor aspects of his game far far outweigh any potential positive.

At the end if there’s doubt between two players for selection, you go for the future or who looks smells the better player.

Hence Sier should play before Brown, in my view.
Greenwood should play before Brown (granted Levi is not the future as such).

Good we have competition for spots but everyone should they know about being better ball users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back