Society/Culture Melbourne- Crime Infestation and Glorification

Remove this Banner Ad

Stats:

The year to December 2017 shows the number of recorded offences is 504,070.
In the last three years there has been a 47.8% increase in aggravated residential burglaries and a 29.6% increase in aggravated robberies.

Over the same period, motor vehicle thefts are up 10.3%, rape is up 16.5% and sexual offences have increased by 28.3%.

For the last 12 months, attempted murder is up 51.9% and sexual offences have increased by 15.9%.
Did you read the disclaimer that robberys and sexual assaults should be treated with caution due to small sample size and unreliable for general use? You know, Everything you have quoted which has specific disclaimers on it not to use them

Or does that fly against your narrative?

So you’d rather be curve stomped by an African gang member than be held up in some traffic (although agree that is another horrendous problem for the “liveable” city)

Most people in Melbourne drive SUV's or cars with ladder chassis/bolt on cab configuration. Gangs aren't usually a problem.
9 years ago in Hampton Park a gang of Mauris smashed my window and tried to pull me out the car because I overtook them. I watched him and laughed as he tried to unbuckle my seat belt with his fat fingers, and when his hip was adjacent to the passenger driver door jam I slammed down the accelerator and watched him roll out the car as a shattering scream hurt my ears. I bought a new window from the wreckers for $25 but was still vacuuming glass out my car years after. I reported the plates to the police and a witness who saw the whole thing came along with me, but the police did nothing.

Last edited:

Williams and the Morans were just bogans from the northern suburbs.
You mean Fair dinkum aussie battlers with hearts of gold put into a bad situation and made the best of it!

You mean Fair dinkum aussie battlers with hearts of gold put into a bad situation and made the best of it!
******* this!!!

I had such high hopes for this thread when I clicked on it. There is definitely something to discuss about the Australian need to admire the charismatic, affable rogue. It comes out in our fiction, in the way we tell our history; Ned Kelly, anyone? It's a huge cultural blindspot for us; it ignores the fact that these people were murderers.

Instead, what we got was another thread on Sudanese gangs.

I'm more concerned about the grid lock that affects me on an almost daily basis, compared with crime that affects me hardly ever.

Forward planning by this state on that front from both parties has been disgraceful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne has high crime areas but in general is SUPER SAFE!

I would like to see slightly harsher sentencing, resolution of African Gang problem and HUGE bail reform.

Dan Andrews will need to address all 3 to win the next election.

Melbourne has high crime areas but in general is SUPER SAFE!

I would like to see slightly harsher sentencing, resolution of African Gang problem and HUGE bail reform.

Dan Andrews will need to address all 3 to win the next election.

When politicians are being assulted while on camera doing their job you know criminals have no fear of prosecution or repercussions

When politicians are being assaulted while on camera doing their job you know criminals have no fear of prosecution or repercussions

I don't disagree with you but don't try to frame VIC as a crime ridden hell hole.

There are problems with sentencing, African gangs and bail which need fixing. Some slight tweaks she'll be right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back