Preview Changes R2 vs Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

OUT: Doedee (inj), Douglas (inj), Mackay
IN: Seedsman, Greenwood, Galluci

I think we will win.

Mackay wont get dropped didnt deserve to on his performance, Its hard to balance it out when you say compare Jones v Mackay, Mackay had far greater output but Jones needs to stay in to develop, you could bring in Ned for Mackay but then you would lose a huge amount of output but gain development, Mackay has had far greater output than Galluci, but Galluci needs to be developed

Are we ready to throw the season and develop the youth, Bring in Fog,Himmelberg, Ned, Galluci, pohlkoke and leave Jones in there

You would think not this early in the season

Doedee and Douglas out as they are injured and Seeds and maybe harto in, with Keath playing Doedees position seems the most logical

Mackay wont get dropped didnt deserve to on his performance, Its hard to balance it out when you say compare Jones v Mackay, Mackay had far greater output but Jones needs to stay in to develop, you could bring in Ned for Mackay but then you would lose a huge amount of output but gain development, Mackay has had far greater output than Galluci, but Galluci needs to be developed

Are we ready to throw the season and develop the youth, Bring in Fog,Himmelberg, Ned, Galluci, pohlkoke and leave Jones in there

You would think not this early in the season

Doedee and Douglas out as they are injured and Seeds and maybe harto in, with Keath playing Doedees position seems the most logical
Far greater output? 19 touches with 7 turnovers?

Besides it’s Seeds replacing Mackay who we know will produce far greater output.

McHenry if he comes in will be to replace Douglas or Murphy, Mackay as a small forward would be a disaster.

Not sure I want Harto in. But I reckon Keath can cover Doedee.for the year and do.quite well. It is probably his more natural role vs playing as the second tall.

Otten vs Harto...meh.

We need the grunt of Greenwood. He has to come back this week.

If Seed is fit Mackay should be dropped. Purely based in him being depth for that role.

Unless we use Milera in Dougie's role. Bring in Seed and Greenwood. For Dougie and Jones.

Jones has had his taste. Go back to SANFL and learn how to dominate games.

I kind of like this. Milera to attacking mid.

Out Jones Doedee Dougie
In Greenwood Seed Harto/Otten

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Far greater output? 19 touches with 7 turnovers?

Besides it’s Seeds replacing Mackay who we know will produce far greater output.

McHenry if he comes in will be to replace Douglas or Murphy, Mackay as a small forward would be a disaster.

There wont be huge changes (YET)

Too early

Simple fact is your highest paid players need to perform and should perform

Gibbs, Tex, Betts , Lynch , JJ, Talia, Laird , Smith, Douglas all fit in that category

None really did what they are capable of, turn that around and you will win, minor changes mean F All

If Douglas wasn’t injured I’d be calling for him to never play for us again.

He once again managed to jog around a contest instead of getting involved, right in front of me, infuriating

Too slow, I don’t see what he’s bringing to the team that Ned McHenry couldnt

Doedee, tears mate tears

Keath did very well

Mackay was passable in the second half

Gibbs non-existent

Smith - you get a game for being rusty but * me that was a dropable performance

Brouch - thank FSM we have a footballer in the squad, welcome back

Mrouch - meh lots of possession but could get any help to do anything with it

Sloane - worked hard

Tex, Jenkins, Betts - terrible delivery

Lynch - * off, just * off

We stunk from slow ball movement which killed any chance our forwards had to use space.

Whoever devised our kick-in strategy should be publicly lynched - we took forever to chip it around, instead of immediately kicking it as far as we could

It was a disgrace, just a disgrace

Too early

Gibbs, Tex, Betts , Lynch , JJ, Talia, Laird , Smith, Douglas all fit in that category

None really did what they are capable of, turn that around and you will win, minor changes mean F All
None of the changes I suggested are huge, 2 forced due to injury and the third a bit player.

The biggest change we have to make is to scrap the first three quarters and bring that fourth quarter mindset.

We did it in 2017. That is how we got to the GF.

The first three quarters is not how we play.

Personnel changes are irrelevant if that mindset prevails.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Douglas wasn’t injured I’d be calling for him to never play for us again.

He once again managed to jog around a contest instead of getting involved, right in front of me, infuriating

Too slow, I don’t see what he’s bringing to the team that Ned McHenry couldnt

Doedee, tears mate tears

Keath did very well

Mackay was passable in the second half

Gibbs non-existent

Smith - you get a game for being rusty but **** me that was a dropable performance

Brouch - thank FSM we have a footballer in the squad, welcome back

Mrouch - meh lots of possession but could get any help to do anything with it

Sloane - worked hard

Tex, Jenkins, Betts - terrible delivery

Lynch - **** off, just **** off

We stunk from slow ball movement which killed any chance our forwards had to use space.

Whoever devised our kick-in strategy should be publicly lynched - we took forever to chip it around, instead of immediately kicking it as far as we could

It was a disgrace, just a disgrace

Our kick ins were just bizarre. It's like we looked at the new rules and thought "nah, no changes are required to make use of this"

As long as our solution for replacing Doedee doesn't involve putting Gibbs into defence I'm ok with it. Bloke had absolutely no idea what to do on saturday, was playing well up until doedee got injured, about 7 poss and 6 tackles to mid Q2, then went to defence, couldn't get near it, can't defend, and our midfield suffered as well from him not being in there.
Initially I was resigned to that we would bring in Otten for doedee, but after reading some of the posts on here, Hartigan makes more sense so please for the love of all that is holy don't bring in Otten.
My changes
Out: Douglas, Murphy, Doedee, Mackay as well but probably won't happen more likely Jones
In: Gooch, Seed, Hartigan, Greenwood
Another performance like that and I'd drop Sauce & Tex & bring in ROB & Fog. Because the season would be over.

My changes I would like to see
Out: Douglas, Murphy, Doedee, Mackay, Atkins
In: Gooch, Seed, Hartigan, Greenwood, Stengle

Changes that will happen:
Out: Douglas, Doedee
In: Seed, Hartigan/Otten

No youre right doedee abd douglas injured who are there replacements

Third player out should be ommitted on form, do you drop your out of form players like sauce tex lynch betts or smith

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
You don’t drop quality players after one poor game.

I’d bring in Fog for Doedee. Seeds for Mackay, Greenwood for Douglas and McHenrey for Murphy.

Not sure I want Harto in. But I reckon Keath can cover Doedee.for the year and do.quite well. It is probably his more natural role vs playing as the second tall.

Otten vs Harto...meh.

We need the grunt of Greenwood. He has to come back this week.

If Seed is fit Mackay should be dropped. Purely based in him being depth for that role.

Unless we use Milera in Dougie's role. Bring in Seed and Greenwood. For Dougie and Jones.

Jones has had his taste. Go back to SANFL and learn how to dominate games.

I kind of like this. Milera to attacking mid.

Out Jones Doedee Dougie
In Greenwood Seed Harto/Otten

The way I see it either Otten or Hartigan comes in and either Otten/ Keath play the Doedee role. I prefer Otten to come in as we have the flexibility to play either him or Keath in that role depending on matchups and form etc.

But as a roughy I reckon Greenwood could play this role well, marks overhead well and generally reads the play well.

Keath was pretty easily brushed off by Roughead yesterday, and he's neither the biggest nor the strongest opponent he'd need to play on. I trust Hartigan to take a KPF in a marking contest more than Keath, the thing I don't trust him with is kicking the ball. Hartigan in and Keath to play loose makes far and away the most sense of all the available options.
Really? Keath definitely had Roughead’s measure. Roughead out bodied Doedee on one occasion to take a mark near the boundary.
Are you thinking of that incident?
Imo Keath more than accounted for Roughead.

As soon as D Mackay was picked for Seeds replacement, I knew this season will be just like the rest at selection. Mediocrity rewarded as usual. Atkins will be a 200 game player.
Well he’d be an outstanding whipping boy compared to the Mackay, VB, Reilly of the past.
Against Hawks he had 31 possessions, 10 inside 50’s, 629 metres gained 😳. Our usual whipping boys are 200 gamers who struggle to get more than 15 possessions. Atkins always has the ability to kick 2-3 goals a few games per season too.

Admittedly his ball use was below his usual standard but is normally his strength and the least of our worries. At least he was one of the few trying to be creative rather than the predictable long bomb down the line to our impotent CHF.

Really? Keath definitely had Roughead’s measure. Roughead out bodied Doedee on one occasion to take a mark near the boundary.
Are you thinking of that incident?
Imo Keath more than accounted for Roughead.
Roughy has been decoying us for years - oldy but a goldy from Clarko

Too early

I can't believe I agree with you Marty but I think you are right.

this was a lazy performance that reeked of 'turn up and we will win'.

We won pretty much all the stats except tackles and 1%ers. what does this tell you? Hawthorn were more willing to run and spread and tackle. Either we were lazy or our game plan can't cope with them.

but it's one data point. Both last year's grand finalists lost in round 1. swapping a couple of players in and out won't make the difference.

I do think we have enough data now on Sauce though, sorry to say he's not good enough any more. all the others deserve another week to show they are up for it.

I am not a mackay fan but he played ok and was handy. Jake Kelly on the other hand.... When is Luke brown back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back