Brad Scott's Round 1 Presser Predictions:

Remove this Banner Ad

"We had more handballs than them so thought we were competitive but struggled to be clean into forward 50 after losing EVW which really hurt our structures. We will look at the tape Thursday and bring in Hrovat, that should fix things. Other than that it was really an aberration and not what we have been showing all pre-season. Oh, except for the JLT. That was also an aberration. Our VFL side lost as well which was an aberration so we'll look at some of the kids to replace some of the kids that stood up but leave the older guys who didn't in."

According to Scotts there isn't a Quick Fix.

That's a far cry to the easy Fixes this idiot banged on about previously.

Is this ******* for Real?

:stern look

Yep, its not like he's had 10 f***ing years as head coach to implement the changes he wants!

Next minute a contract extension announcement for BS until 2025. Oh and the members of NMFC, STFU and buy your memberships!

Last edited by a moderator:
6 Months of Planning and Training and just after Round 1 a Forensic Review is needed? LOL. :stern look

Gotta give you the points on this right now mate.:thumbsu:

All these promising list inclusions and there was no offensive adjustment whatsoever.

IMO, he'll always have a back pocket players mindset. He's a development coach (as JeanLuke stated), but not the ultimate man to get us to the summit.

Gotta give you the points on this right now mate.:thumbsu:

All these promising list inclusions and there was no offensive adjustment whatsoever.

IMO, he'll always have a back pocket players mindset. He's a development coach (as JeanLuke stated), but not the ultimate man to get us to the summit.
I've said it all along. Scotts is an average coach. Make no mistake we will bounce back. We will have some good wins this season. But nothing will truly change. We will continue to be a middle of the road side whilst he is Coach. I hope Scotts proves me wrong. I want us to be a success. But I can only call it as I see it. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's astonishing.

For mine it is the single greatest indictment on his preparation and the worst thing to come out of yesterday

They will forensically review something they had six months to prepare for, and failed miserably at the first time of asking

And yet we all know the forensic review won't be forensic enough because it won't encompass the obvious systemic issues in player development which have permeated our draftees since BS took over

For mine it is the single greatest indictment on his preparation and the worst thing to come out of yesterday

They will forensically review something they had six months to prepare for, and failed miserably at the first time of asking

And yet we all know the forensic review won't be forensic enough because it won't encompass the obvious systemic issues in player development which have permeated our draftees since BS took over

We'll forensically review everything that doesn't indicate that Scott is doing a poor job.

If Ben Buckley isn't calling Brad in to his office this week, then he needs to get the arse also.

Agree completely.

Development of draftees and game day tactics are the two massive gaps in the Scott-led era. Something that Hawthorn and Clarko have excelled at for the same period.

"Yeah look. We know Fremantle are a quality side & they'd be eager to do well in front of their home crowd. We expected that. And we know that any team coached by Ross Lyon will be up for the fight, and unfortunately, we just weren't able to match them in certain areas today. You know. We won the contested footy & the inside 50's were pretty even. But we just made some fundamental areas at critical times, and good teams like Fremantle make you pay when you do that. We walk away from here knowing our best footy is good enough to match it with any team, but we just need to learn how to sustain it for longer."

"We all know Nat Fyfe is a champion of the game, and when he's in a mood like he was today, sometimes you just have to sit back and admire one of the greats of the game."

"We think Robbie will be right next week. He could've played today but we erred on the side of caution. We're confident he'll be right to go next week but not being one of the medicos, it's hard for me to comment."

And all the while fondling his ear lobes & scratching the back of his neck.
Gee, I got this so wrong. Robbie Tarrant ended up playing. Plenty of egg on the face of the BIG DF.

Scott predicted about a month ago that due to the rule changes teams will get hammered.........he was simply proving his point.
Scotts is very good at knowing what's gonna happen. The problem is he ain't that good at planning against what he expects is gonna happen. :stern look

Do you want to see the perfect example of a bloke that doesn't have a clue? Read this:
A "forensic review" would be needed, with Scott determined not to let the loss define the Kangaroos' season.

"Ball use is one thing, having a forward line that is dysfunctional … I mean we got the ball back 13 times in our forward half when they did the same about 40 times," Scott said.

Brad, has it occurred to you that Freo got the ****ing ball back in their forward line BECAUSE OF THE ****ING BALL USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has thrown the forwards under the bus with this bullshit. Someone who has never seen a game before could acknowledge that our forward entries were ****ing PUTRID

So in the past we've been hammered but we've responded and that is what is expected? Funny thing is that for me and many other supporters, we don't expect to be hammered in the first place. Or that hidings like that have occurred somewhat regularly. Knocking over the Lions next week will not make yesterday's clusterf*** of a performance better. It exists and remains an abysmal blight on the season and those who are responsible for it. I don't care that players have come out and said that they're "shitty" and "embarrassed." We were staring straight down the poop chute at 1/4 time and if anything, from there it got worse. How bout the coaches and leaders actually do something on the day to avoid that sort of garbage instead of "She'll be right next week." Geez there's some nuff-nuffs at North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back