Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
If you slap an egg on the back of someone’s head then you’re rightfully going to get punched
Absolutely. I’d have smacked him twice as hard as Jim did. Would have put him in hospital if possible
Huh?

Why is the response to getting egged, violence?

Dumb.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Huh?

Dumb.
You can call it dumb, but most people would experience a severe rush of blood to the head and would lash out in return. Sometimes I’ve not responded when attacked (for instance when I was asssulted by the neighbourly vampire) but there’s been other times when I have. Don’t lay the blame on the victim, if you attack someone in an unprovoked manner then you are the perpetrator not the victim

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
“I would normally not want to give this any oxygen, but I want to absolutely and completely denounce the statements made by Senator Anning ... in his attack on Islamic faith specifically," the prime minister said.
"These comments are appalling and they're ugly, and they have no place in Australia ... let alone the Australian Parliament," Morrison added. "He should be, frankly, ashamed of himself."

If Fraser Anning’s comments could provoke the Prime Minister, then why not a 17 year old high school student? If you look at a Muslim person and tell him to go back to his own country, don’t expect not to be attacked when your back is turned. fraser Anning is lucky it was only an egg and he didn’t kick the s**t kicked out of him in the street.

You know... because he provoked a lot of people with his racist hate speech.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
“I would normally not want to give this any oxygen, but I want to absolutely and completely denounce the statements made by Senator Anning ... in his attack on Islamic faith specifically," the prime minister said.
"These comments are appalling and they're ugly, and they have no place in Australia ... let alone the Australian Parliament," Morrison added. "He should be, frankly, ashamed of himself."

If Fraser Anning’s comments could provoke the Prime Minister, then why not a 17 year old high school student? If you look at a Muslim person and tell him to go back to his own country, don’t expect not to be attacked when your back is turned. fraser Anning is lucky it was only an egg and he didn’t kick the s**t kicked out of him in the street.

He didn’t tell Muslims to go back home though. It was I’ll-timed what he said but he certainly didn’t say all Muslims should go home. By condoning physical violence it’s people like you who create a climate of intolerance more so than someone like Anning. That’s lefties for you though

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm

So every time going forth that someone says something that someone else disagrees with, they’re fair game to copping an egg on the noggin, and we’re all cool with it? :thumbsu:

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
He didn’t tell Muslims to go back home though. It was I’ll-timed what he said but he certainly didn’t say all Muslims should go home. By condoning physical violence it’s people like you who create a climate of intolerance more so than someone like Anning. That’s lefties for you though

Absolutely. I’d have smacked him twice as hard as Jim did. Would have put him in hospital if possible

If you’re going to say someone is condoning violence, you should make sure you don’t have priors in condoning violence. Hell, our first interaction on here was me telling you to do your own google search as a joke and you telling me I wouldn’t say it to your face.

So every time going forth that someone says something that someone else disagrees with, they’re fair game to copping an egg on the noggin, and we’re all cool with it? :thumbsu:

A ridiculous observation. I was being sarcastic about Anning needing his arse kicked in the street, it was a response to saying he should have punched the teenager even though he provoked people. As an adult if some teenager randomly slaps an egg over your head, most would have some more restraint than going straight to violence. I can guarantee you that if that teenager did that to a lot of other politicians (key word; politician, contained environment), a lot of them would just laugh it off. You have to have restraint not to go straight to violence. Some have it, others don’t.

I have never been in a fist fight with anyone in my life and haven’t come within a mile of it since finishing high school 18 years ago. This despite copping a lot of s**t in return. So no, I wouldn’t condone violence ever.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
“You don’t condone violence” yet you did exactly that in your previous post.

Good for you in exercising restraint, but you’re probably a pacifist who takes flight and doesn’t fight. Having a dig at people who defend themselves and fight back is hogwash. Most men are hardwired to defend themselves physically if that moment arrives. The problem with eggboy is he stood there defiantly and arrogantly after the egging. That more than the egging itself is what made Anning snap. Had eggboy taken flight it’s unlikely Anning would have given chase, but he challenged him by standing there. Anning was left with no choice

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yo WR, when’s Theresa May going to resign?
After her deal gets defeated for the second (or is it the third?) time. One of the most useless PM’s we’ve ever had. She’s made a total hash of brexit

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Huh?

Dumb.
No. Egging someone while they’re working because their opinion differs to yours is dumb. Condemn the person that incited the violence, not the person that was provoked.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
“You don’t condone violence” yet you did exactly that in your previous post.

Good for you in exercising restraint, but you’re probably a pacifist who takes flight and doesn’t fight. Having a dig at people who defend themselves and fight back is hogwash. Most men are hardwired to defend themselves physically if that moment arrives. The problem with eggboy is he stood there defiantly and arrogantly after the egging. That more than the egging itself is what made Anning snap. Had eggboy taken flight it’s unlikely Anning would have given chase, but he challenged him by standing there. Anning was left with no choice

You really don’t get that what we’re defending is that the “attack” was a teenager who love tapped an egg over Anning’s head. He didn’t cause him irreparable damage. He didn’t king hit him from behind. He didn’t knife him. If you think Anning hitting him twice and then his supporters choke holding him was the correct reaction, I wouldn’t even know what to say. I am not condoning violence because it was not a violent assault as much as you might think what the teenager did was violent.

The kid sought out to embarrass Anning in front of the journalists cameras, he wasn’t trying to kill him ffs.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
You really don’t get that what we’re defending is that the “attack” was a teenager who love tapped an egg over Anning’s head. He didn’t cause him irreparable damage. He didn’t king hit him from behind. He didn’t knife him. If you think Anning hitting him twice and then his supporters choke holding him was the correct reaction, I wouldn’t even know what to say. I am not condoning violence because it was not a violent assault as much as you might think what the teenager did was violent.

The kid sought out to embarrass Anning in front of the journalists cameras, he wasn’t trying to kill him ffs.

I think he wanted attention for himself mostly. There are other ways of embarrassing someone than attacking them from behind. Doesnt matter if he just egged him, Anning wasnt to know that.

I cant condone the teenagers actions at all. Agree with his sentiment though.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I think he wanted attention for himself mostly. There are other ways of embarrassing someone than attacking them from behind. Doesnt matter if he just egged him, Anning wasnt to know that.

I cant condone the teenagers actions at all. Agree with his sentiment though.

I will respect that take. I think I am just emotional over what Anning said. I am happy to move on now as there are more important things to discuss in this world.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I don’t know if it’s been posted or if anyone on here even watches it but it’s been announced by the cast that Supernatural is coming to an end with next seasons season 15. It will consist of 20 episodes to bring the final total to 327 episodes. Holy crap.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Just salty that Tomic aced him with one.
ED6B0BE3-E7DC-443A-948B-9A028F5BA64C.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back